HTC anounced new HTC Bolt... without a headphone jack

AlTech

Not interested anyway as it doesn't seem to be the next flagship phone. Hope they do the HTC 11 good because the 10 was a small step in the right direction.

Why even bother releasing this phone?

If the specs of the Bolt are correct, then by the time this releases the value of the HTC 10(better specs) should have decreased to nearly the price of the brand new Bolt.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

i look at the spec and think wtf is HTC thinking? there must be poop in their head when they decide to release a phone with more than 1year old spec at 600 dollars. Do they really have a lot of sd810 inventory that need to be dumped? may as well throw them away! you will save more money than make them into a phone and try to sell the overpriced shit, cause no one will buy it.

a 600 dollar phone with a snapdragon 810? WTF are they thinking? dont tell me they are trying to sell it off the fact that it doesn't have a headphone jack. Nobody can possibly be that stupid

8 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Sometimes I see the Google Pixel and really want to buy one but the price is an instant deal breaker. Wish they continued producing the 6P at a discount, I'd totally buy that for $300 or $250.

ebay

On 11/13/2016 at 0:01 PM, goodtofufriday said:

How is the x compact compared to the z5c?

So I can say that thus far, I love it. Outstanding battery life in excess of six hours screen time, lag is very rare. The Adreno 510 GPU is clearly not up to the level of the Adreno 530, but it's certainly better than the Adreno 330 in my old M8. The Snapdragon 650 might as well be an 820 in everyday use. It's again snappier than the 801 in my M8, and 3GB of RAM helps. 

The phone is plastic, and it's a print and scratch magnet. Plan on using either a full body protector or a case. That said, the thermals are spectacular. With Waze running and the screen constantly on for about half an hour, the temp never broke 44C. Even with the case off, it never got beyond "somewhat warm". My M8 got hotter than this. 

So, yeah, kind of sidetracking this thread, but the X Compact is, imo, a great little phone, worth every penny of the $400 I paid for it. 

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

No head phone jack ... stupid move.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

So basically an M9 but worse.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Well im "BOLT-ing" away from this being a new smart phone choice....

Intel I7 4770k 4.2ghz, Asus Maximus VI Hero,16 gb Corsair Ram(1600 mhz), GTX 780 Classified, 1000w EVGA Supernova Powersupply,Corsair h100i
250 GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive(OS Drive), 120 GB Corsair Solid State Drive, 1 Terabyte Western Digital Drive
(Blue)