Nintendo 3DS still worth buying?

79wjd
27 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

@Bubblewhale I think I might just try to get a New 3DS/XL (new) on Black friday that has <10.7 on it and hack it since I haven't seen anything decent. 

I'd see New 3DS under 10.7 go for around 220....

5 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

I'd see New 3DS under 10.7 go for around 220....

Apparently all the Super Mario Land DS's are <10.7, and I've seen quite a ew of them for $175.

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5ahzdf/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_november_2016/

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, Bubblewhale said:

They maybe updated but who knows, it's your call. 

Honestly, I think I'd rather get an actual bundle, since I feel like trying to get a compatible one will just be a pain/hassle, but the only bundles I've found have trash games. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Honestly, I think I'd rather get an actual bundle, since I feel like trying to get a compatible one will just be a pain/hassle, but the only bundles I've found have trash games. 

The older bundles maybe harder to find, but it wouldn't hurt to find a older "NEW" 3DS for around 120...

22 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

The older bundles maybe harder to find, but it wouldn't hurt to find a older "NEW" 3DS for around 120...

to be clear, I mean bundles from individual sellers on ebay. I'd take any 3DS (I think). I'm just ideally aiming to pay like $120-$150 and get at least a few games I actually want (possibly unreasonable, but I just don't see myself using it enough to warrant spending more).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

to be clear, I mean bundles from individual sellers on ebay. I'd take any 3DS (I think). I'm just ideally aiming to pay like $120-$150 and get at least a few games I actually want (possibly unreasonable, but I just don't see myself using it enough to warrant spending more).

For 115, you can get a refurbished 3DS from Nintendo...

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod210012&categoryId=cat10037

I think you can get 3DS games for like 10-20 each...

4 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

I can also get a new 3DS for $100 on BF, and from what I've heard the size difference isn't that big of a deal. I'd probably be after the more popular games, which (at least from my cursory search) are all $25~. So, 6 games would end up running me $250, which is more than I'd like to spend (like I said, my goal may not be all that realistic -- which is why I started to consider the hack-route). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

I can also get a new 3DS for $100 on BF, and from what I've heard the size difference isn't that big of a deal. I'd probably be after the more popular games, which (at least from my cursory search) are all $25~. So, 6 games would end up running me $250, which is more than I'd like to spend (like I said, my goal may not be all that realistic -- which is why I started to consider the hack-route). 

Loose games are probably around 10-15 dollars...

I was just looking at getting a 3ds too, just becase recently ive been laying in bed on my ipad watching youtube more then I game on my PC, so I thought to get a 3ds to play some real games instead of crossy road and shit.

idk personally i have not commited to that yet becase im not sure how worth it, it is. i might wait for the nintendo switch as nintendo will be focusing on that more then the 3ds.

Everyone should own a vive.

17 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

I was just looking at getting a 3ds too, just becase recently ive been laying in bed on my ipad watching youtube more then I game on my PC, so I thought to get a 3ds to play some real games instead of crossy road and shit.

idk personally i have not commited to that yet becase im not sure how worth it, it is. i might wait for the nintendo switch as nintendo will be focusing on that more then the 3ds.

The only reason I'm not too concerned with the Switch is because it's going to be $300+ and I don't see myself spending that kind of money. So to me, it's either 3DS or nothing. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

The only reason I'm not too concerned with the Switch is because it's going to be $300+ and I don't see myself spending that kind of money. So to me, it's either 3DS or nothing. 

yeah true, i was gonna wait till they popped up on ebay xD 

i say for handheld gaming its good, and look on ebay for them, I almost got a 3ds for 75 but i was not fast enough and the other guy got it at the last sec,

so keep your eye out for ebay auctions.

2 hours ago, MANIDY inc said:

yeah true, i was gonna wait till they popped up on ebay xD 

i say for handheld gaming its good, and look on ebay for them, I almost got a 3ds for 75 but i was not fast enough and the other guy got it at the last sec,

so keep your eye out for ebay auctions.

Well, there's a local CL listing for $120 for an (old) XL (charizard, which is kinda cool), with Mario Kart 7. I could probably try to get him down to $90ish. But at the same time, $75/$90 isn't that much cheaper than $100 to warrant not having a warranty/something new. 

I'd ideally like to find a system with 4+ games I actually want for $120~. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well, there's a local CL listing for $120 for an (old) XL (charizard, which is kinda cool), with Mario Kart 7. I could probably try to get him down to $90ish. But at the same time, $75/$90 isn't that much cheaper than $100 to warrant not having a warranty/something new. 

I'd ideally like to find a system with 4+ games I actually want for $120~. 

you can get a 2ds with mario kart 7 for $70 on ebay 

Just now, MANIDY inc said:

you can get a 2ds with mario kart 7 for $70 on ebay 

yeah, but ew 2ds. It just looks/feels wrong. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

eh I get that, but its cheap and does everything the same -3d witch id never use,

id just try to get one as cheap as you can, like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-3DS-Game-System-with-charging-station-and-power-cord-/172392784109?hash=item28236920ed:g:6kcAAOSwB09YFoWm but we all know that prise will skyrocket soon.

im still on the lookout for a 3ds too, just not on top of my list,

as for 4 games and system for 120 eh, unless its local or a friend good luck,

well I think i found exactly what you are looking for, but maybe i want it xD 

1 minute ago, MANIDY inc said:

well I think i found exactly what you are looking for, but maybe i want it xD 

I'm pretty sure you want to wait for the Switch. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I saw both of those, but unfortunately, I'm not interested in any of those games. So to me, they're just the 3DS.

games are just so expensive for what they are, you want a decent one its gonna be like $20,

thats what i pay for AAA games on pc xD 

1 minute ago, MANIDY inc said:

games are just so expensive for what they are, you want a decent one its gonna be like $20,

thats what i pay for AAA games on pc xD 

I usually wait until they're >75% off on a Steam Sale. That way I don't feel as bad when I only ever play Dota.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

I usually wait until they're >75% off on a Steam Sale. That way I don't feel as bad when I only ever play Dota.

I cant say im proud on how i get keys for cheap, let's just say i know a guy who is a big seller on g2a so he gives me cd keys for cheaper then he sells them on g2a xD 

the new one XL or non will be 10x better than getting a used or new old one.
and i mean the new 3ds. it has better 3d (where its actually worth turning on. before you had to hold it weird to make it worth it) faster hardware and a second joystick.(kinda)

i've been debating selling my 3ds and getting the new model.. then i looked at my perfect nintendo collection and how up untill the wiiU i have literally every sku... decided to keep it and just save up xD

The 3ds is for a few games. you get mario kart, kid icarus uprising, super mario 3d land, pokemon, that kinda stuff. its generally best to get the rest of your games from the nintendo Eshop too. cause those are a good weekend of free time fun for like 7$.

be sure to grab a good SD card too. 8 gig or more

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

tl;dr: Yes.

A 100 dollar N3DS is worth it imo.  If you could wing an XL for ~150, I'd totally do that.  The larger screens are worth the extra price.  Otherwise the N3DS will serve you will.