HELP NEW TO GRAFIX KARDS

calsipher1

I just bought this graphics card for my acer tc605...http://www.ebay.com/itm/201646367686     i also got a power supply assuming the stock tc605 wouldnt have enough power...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148053     when i put in the graphics card my pc does one long beep and wont start...so i tried taking the power out of the card and booting it up...after it boots up i plug the power back into it and the fan on the card spins and everything goes smoothly except the amd auto detection app doesnt find the card and idk even know if my pc knows its there.

I don't think getting a new psu would be worth at all since a crap pre built psu replacing with another crap psu but anyway

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

Wait, you connect your GPU to the power supply while the PC is on?

Don't do that. Never do that. Also, if you can return that power supply and get something like an S12II or CX450M, please do so. Apeshitvias are poorly built and can damage your PC.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

You plugged the power into the GPU while the PC was on????????

Uh......

You might want to check if it's dead now...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

First off, that psu seems inefficient, second of all, you did a super dangerous thing for your computer to plug in cables whilst the system being on.