So I can get a 15$ 4130 and motherboard combo

Ashiella

Should I get it? The 4130 has a broken pin but it's inside the motherboard in the correct spot and it works. And if I do get it, I have around 85$ left to buy a graphics card, I have a cheap power supply with a single 6 pin connector, what should I do?

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

I would stay away from broken pins .

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Pixelbook 2017 (i5, 8GB, 128GB)

do you mean Core i3 4130 ? These CPU's dont have pins. so theres nothing to break
The motherboards have pins 

so if the seller is saying theres a broken pin its the motherboard hes referring to. 

if the motherboard pin is broken then how can he say its inside the motherboard and still works?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Umm, how does a cpu like the 4130 have a broken pin?

It doesn't use them... It only has contact points. The pins are on the motherboard.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Should I get it? The 4130 has a broken pin but it's inside the motherboard in the correct spot and it works. And if I do get it, I have around 85$ left to buy a graphics card, I have a cheap power supply with a single 6 pin connector, what should I do?

The only 4130 I'm aware of is the i3-4130 which doesn't have pins?

If only the motherboard has broken pins then still take it because the 4130 is worth a hell of a lot more than $15.

if you can get the seller to prove to you it works then go for it, at your budget an i3 would be awesome. Dont buy without seeing that it works first hand.

If you make a post contradicting mine that doesn't directly address my claims, or cites 'facts' without evidence, I'm probably not going to bother responding to it, because you probably didn't bother reading my post properly, and because life is too short. It doesn't mean I don't have an answer for you. It means I'm not dignifying you with a response. 

8 hours ago, Elehat said:

if you can get the seller to prove to you it works then go for it, at your budget an i3 would be awesome. Dont buy without seeing that it works first hand.

8 hours ago, imreloadin said:

The only 4130 I'm aware of is the i3-4130 which doesn't have pins?

If only the motherboard has broken pins then still take it because the 4130 is worth a hell of a lot more than $15.

8 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Umm, how does a cpu like the 4130 have a broken pin?

It doesn't use them... It only has contact points. The pins are on the motherboard.

The fx 4130. It works.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

8 hours ago, Ashiella said:

The fx 4130. It works.

Ooooh that explains a lot!

Well in that case, sure, why not :D

It's possible the missing pin isn't important to get it working.

If you don't mind spending 15 bucks of course. even if the cpu is not good 15 bucks for a motherboard is a good deal :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon