New MacBook Pro Has Already Outsold All Competing Laptops This Year

NinerL

Apple's latest MacBook Pro has already outsold all competing laptops this year, according to new data shared by research firm Slice Intelligence. 
2016_macbook_pro_lineup.jpg

Recent-Laptop-Launches-1.jpg

The data follows Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller's claim the new MacBook Pro had received more online orders than any previous MacBook Pro as of November 2. Apple has also reportedly told its overseas manufacturers to expect strong MacBook Pro shipments to last until at least the end of 2016.  

The new MacBook Pro's apparent early success may come as a surprise to a vocal crowd of professional users who have criticized, among other things, the notebook's lack of ports and limited RAM. Schiller said the early criticism and debate has been "a bit of a surprise" to him, but common for any new Apple product. 

Via Macrumors: http://www.macrumors.com/2016/11/09/new-macbook-pro-has-outsold-all-competitors/

It's interesting  that they have outsold all competitors/last years MacBook with so many complaints coming from professionals, I'm still unsure if I am going to purchase this years revision, there's rumors that next year there will be major price cuts.

Which is hilarious just think of the adapter sales. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Oh damn

Edit*

Read more...

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

3 minutes ago, paps511 said:

Are they comparing the MBP sales in the first 5 days to all the other sales IN THE FIRST 5 DAYS

or since their launch.

edit: I'm not sure lol.

I'd much rather see numbers instead of that.

Also, I don't think it's really fair to compare that to sales of other laptops.

When someone buys an Apple product, they have a few choices. Say 2 or 3.

When someone wants to buy a Windows product, in this case a laptop, the choices are massive. Hundreds of models.

A fairer comparison would be comparing all of the similarly spec'd Windows machines against the Macbook Pro.

I get why they wouldn't do that. It'd be a ton of work. And doesn't make for flashy headlines.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 minutes ago, alexyy said:

Which is hilarious just think of the adapter sales. 

Which is what i mentioned the day it was launched. Apples new bread and butter will be adapter sales.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

errr thats not a good comperisment, most of those machines are not direct competitors 

i went the opposite direction: going from my 2012 MBP to the new 15" Alienware

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Moved out of Tech News section as this thread does not meet the posting guidelines.

Other companies just dont learn so i am glad that apple takes the lead.

design > hardware 

im also a geeky person but prefer a pretty laptop rather then one which one looks thick and ugly. Both are expensive anyway.

rip night theme users

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

15 hours ago, dizmo said:

I'd much rather see numbers instead of that.

Also, I don't think it's really fair to compare that to sales of other laptops.

When someone buys an Apple product, they have a few choices. Say 2 or 3.

When someone wants to buy a Windows product, in this case a laptop, the choices are massive. Hundreds of models.

A fairer comparison would be comparing all of the similarly spec'd Windows machines against the Macbook Pro.

I get why they wouldn't do that. It'd be a ton of work. And doesn't make for flashy headlines.

Check the TLD video in which he compared the Macbook pro which no1 will buy (specs wise) to the HP spectre i guess with the latest specs and it was better.

2 hours ago, Rotterdams said:

Other companies just dont learn so i am glad that apple takes the lead.

design > hardware 

im also a geeky person but prefer a pretty laptop rather then one which one looks thick and ugly. Both are expensive anyway.

That is so true. I also totally agree and moreover if u take a look the MacBook pro even though having a year old specs than its competitors it is still faster than them and apple makes their product such that their hardware works the best with their software and hence the performance is better. Even though the Touchbar is a gimmick but I feel it is better to have a touch bar rather than a touch screen( which will be a fingerprint magnet ). Not everyone wants a touch screen because it is a headache to clean the screen every now n then and also every friend won't care for your stuff and he can get it dirty or get scratches...

1 hour ago, PTSBK said:

Check the TLD video in which he compared the Macbook pro which no1 will buy (specs wise) to the HP spectre i guess with the latest specs and it was better.

LOL stop sprouting bs. It was just running Final Cut Pro vs Priemere. Says more about native software optimization than anything. 

1 hour ago, PTSBK said:

if u take a look the MacBook pro even though having a year old specs than its competitors it is still faster than them and apple makes their product such that their hardware works the best with their software and hence the performance is better.

Holy shit, only in Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro. Have you ever even used a Macbook Pro for professional work? Tell me how you feel about non-native programs crashing left and right for no reason. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

1 hour ago, Pendragon said:

LOL stop sprouting bs. It was just running Final Cut Pro vs Priemere. Says more about native software optimization than anything. 

Not really anything with optimization, FCP just uses Quick sync

1 hour ago, Pendragon said:

Holy shit, only in Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro. Have you ever even used a Macbook Pro for professional work? Tell me how you feel about non-native programs crashing left and right for no reason. 

That is very true, I was forced to work with a macbook for a month, I had so many random crashes.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

19 hours ago, Pendragon said:

i did not know this. And can you give more example as to why no to a macbook pro?

6 minutes ago, PTSBK said:

i did not know this. And can you give more example as to why no to a macbook pro?

lack of ports, shallow keyboard, lots of problems with the ports right now, the wifi turns off, if you plug in a HDD, if you plug in external screen it blinks green.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.