upgrade from FX6300 - to 6700K or wait for ZEN

I have an opportunity to move from my AMD 6300 with FXAMD3+ Gigabyte UD3 to     Intel 6700K with Z170 - and yes I know it will be a big jump and one im looking forward to but with ZEN and or Kernel around the corner is it really just me being impatient or do we really see the next to AMD or Intel going to make the next step.

this will be the next move I will be able to make for the next few years.

friends and seller  are 50/50

just get whatever you can afford now if you want to upgrade now. if you don't really need the upgrade and can sit it out then wait a few months.

I would go for it, zen is going to be good but we dont know how good and for what price so if you can go for it

6700K obviously.

As far as we have seen from Zen till now, its most likely not gonne compete with Skylake.

If you can afford to wait I'd say wait and see what Zen has to offer. If not, go for the 6700K.

Computer: Maximus VIII Gene - i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHz cooled by a Deepcool Frostwin v2.0 - Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X - 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 3600 mHz - Samsung 950 Pro 512gb - Seagate Barracuda 1tb - Corsair RM750X - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Grey with a 2m Enthoo Luxe RGB strip.

Peripherals: IKEA Bekant desk -  2x Dell 1080p IPS monitors - Corsair K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns - Steelseries Sensei with a Steelseries QCK mousepad and a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO white

I will say go for i7 6700k.

Zen will be better than current AMD CPUs, but not that much better to compare with Intel.

I do hope AMD pulls it off with Zen and put some competition to Intel, but I don't think that will acctually happen.

So my vote goes for i7 6700k.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

thank you - it really seems 50/50, but the trust that intel has done so well for so long will be hard for Zen to compete, even if it may be slightly better, it will take a lot to gain trust - this is where I think most of the other PC component manufactures have placed their research - meaning better outcomes for us, 

so just to add a bit of a twist - I got an existing R9 280X windforce - is it really worth adding to the upgrade mix - i know the RX4s and 1070s are better - but im not running any 4K and 1080 still seems really good .... even on Crisis 3, ( not that i really have the cash for it - it all going towards the i7600K)