why gigabyte motherboards have dual bios while asus only 1 ?

Go to solution Solved by Litargirio,
4 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Gigabyte "invented" Dual-Bios and they've been using it for a decade now. I'm not sure why isn't Asus doing it, I guess it's for the design since they have less experience with 2 BIOS chips than Gigabyte has.

Gigabyte has patented the Dual BIOS technology.

Since Asus has to pay up whenever they want to use it, they only put it in the higher end boards.

lets say you are updating the bios and the pc shut down

your motherboard will not be useable after that

but with dual bios like in gigabyte

the secondry bios will kick in and recover the main bios

come on Asus learn from gigabyte

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

i have dual bios on my rampage v extreme which is asus

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew

Or you can just use the bios flashback feature to fix it, not that hard.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, RxL said:

i have dual bios on my rampage v extreme which is asus

but in gigabyte even cheapest motherboards have dual bios

while in ASUS NOT .

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

Just now, maria2244 said:

while in ASUS NOT .

Gigabyte was who invented the dual bios idea, which is why they have it in all of their products.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

1 minute ago, maria2244 said:

while in ASUS NOT .

Gigabyte "invented" Dual-Bios and they've been using it for a decade now. I'm not sure why isn't Asus doing it, I guess it's for the design since they have less experience with 2 BIOS chips than Gigabyte has.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

4 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Gigabyte has patented the Dual BIOS technology.

Since Asus has to pay up whenever they want to use it, they only put it in the higher end boards.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

18 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

while in ASUS NOT .

It's most likely a pricing thing. If Gigabyte invented it they probably have a patent on it and for other companies to use it have to pay a certain premium that typically is overlooked because the price of it once compared to a million units sold is outweighed. However it may be that it just isn't profitable or worth the cost for lower end motherboards. Ultimately you have to think of this from a business perspective and not a consumer perspective.

I think quite handful of Asrock boards have it. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case