Wait for 1080 Ti?

hotcoolfool11

Hello everyone,

I want to buy the MSI 1080 Gaming X but is it worth it to wait for the 1080 ti?

And how long am i going to wait then?

just wait. i predict that they will release it in January 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

4 minutes ago, Oswin said:

?

5rsQWfi.jpg

? xD

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

?

5rsQWfi.jpg

? xD

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/47489/20161104/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-amd-radeon-rx-490-rolls-out-2017-cheaper-titan-x-like-gpu-to-save-gtx-1080-scandal.htm

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is expected to roll out in the first quarter of 2017 along with the AMD Radeon RX 490. NVIDIA is reportedly manufacturing the next GPU with lower priced Titan X features. However, the company is also facing problems with the GeForce GTX 1080 that was reportedly captured on video engulfed in flames.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Nvidia and overheating issues? It was EVGA's fault not to put thermal pads on the vrms on their versions of the gpu. Nvidia has nothing to do with that. That article is not very good, very misinformed. And if the 1080ti had the titanx's performance, it will not cost the same as the 1080, that doesn't make any sense. If you have the money, then wait till january. If you don't want to spend more than 600-650 on a gpu, there's no need to wait.

If it is a repeat as with previous titan and .80Ti, the gaming performance will be similar. So they will cut somewhere else for cost decrease + also remember that they have all room for themselfs to put any price on the Titan.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Even if it comes out - getting one will take at least a month or two of waiting. So now you're basically in Summer.

I'd get a good card now - then sell it while it's less than a year old - and add some money and get 1080ti if it's really that much better (because 1070 vs 1080 is really not THAT big of a difference).

Take not that you're not the only one expecting 1080ti, some will be waiting for it - just so the prices on used cards would go down. So a good chance to make a sale.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

Sorry man, but that article is garbage.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-ti-launch-january/

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

4 hours ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

Hello everyone,

only you know if you need a graphics card right now or if you can wait a couple months...1080ti should hit in Q1 2017..when AMD launch a Vega card.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Speculation wise, I expect december-January. I would suggest wait 'cuz TITAN XP PERFORMANCE AT THE CHEAPER PRICE!!!! *cough* Hope availability and inflation are not going to nuke the launch.

WHat do u have now ?

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

10 hours ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

Hello everyone,

Ive got a single 1080 and I haven't found a game that drags it under 40FPS at 4k yet, id just get a 1080 now, you could end up waiting til March for a marginally faster card, its all just rumours at the moment and people are speculating based upon Titan X/980ti, that may not happen again (it also may). Worst case its a little slower, but then by that point you will have enough (I presume) to add another 1080

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

13 hours ago, Oswin said:

CES I.guess

8 hours ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

That's all speculation, however, i'm 99% sure a 1080ti will eventually come out, but that doesn't make the 1080 a bad choice, it all comes down to how much you want to spend. And the last article was garbage indeed.

I guess it would be bw $800 &$1000

19 hours ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

WHat do u have now ?

An MSI R9 390 8GB... xD But then rest of my pc is very good if i say so myself, i7 6700k with 4.5 overclock watercooled by a Corsair H115i 280mm Cpu cooler. SO I just want something that can make my CPU beg for mercy, but i dont that the $ for the Titan X tho, but i can buy the MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X right now. 

14 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Ive got a single 1080 and I haven't found a game that drags it under 40FPS at 4k yet, id just get a 1080 now, you could end up waiting til March for a marginally faster card, its all just rumours at the moment and people are speculating based upon Titan X/980ti, that may not happen again (it also may). Worst case its a little slower, but then by that point you will have enough (I presume) to add another 1080

That's a great idea, i'll jsut add another 1080, as all the games lately have become more supportive on SLI/Crossifire.

On 11/5/2016 at 3:38 PM, hotcoolfool11 said:

Hello everyone,

As @FIXXXsaid you'll be waiting quite a while to get the Ti even if it is released the first day of 2017. Just think, gtx1080 was (I think) announced in May and slowly became available a month or so later but they were scarce and expensive. And that was the FE version. It took me until 2 weeks ago to buy an AIB version which was close to the recommended retail price. Don't know if the situation will be the same with the Ti but I for one am very glad I didn't wait. 

I run Witcher 3 at 4K using High preset and it looks absolutely amazing. Same for GTA V. Sounds like the same experience as @stealth80 ?

So get the 1080 and have fun playing!

Love not hate

2 hours ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

That's a great idea, i'll jsut add another 1080, as all the games lately have become more supportive on SLI/Crossifire.

I don't have a massive games library, prob around 60 - 70 at most and every game I own support SLI to some degree, only Just Cause 3 (zero support) and Quantum Break (d'uh) gave me issues

Ryzen Ram Guide

1 hour ago, stealth80 said:

I don't have a massive games library, prob around 60 - 70 at most and every game I own support SLI to some degree, only Just Cause 3 (zero support) and Quantum Break (d'uh) gave me issues

Would u know what the best brand is the best for the 1080, like cooling,OCing and such. No watercooling tho.

The best coolers for current gen in my opinion are the Asus strix, MSI Gaming and EVGA ACX 3.0.

Despite the thermal pads issue still lean towards the EVGA. In the tests it was still cooling very good and silent and have a good stable GPU boost. The EVGA fix should make it even better :) I like the looks also best since I am no fan of red, and noislvls are important for me. The MSI is also very silent but is marginally less in performance, while the Strix is vice versa of that: a bit louder but also a bit higher GPU boost speed. But all are good options. So would depend much on price and availability. But don't look to much at out of box speeds since GPU boost goes over that anyway, and that is more depending on how good the cooler is.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

29 minutes ago, Gonio said:

The best coolers for current gen in my opinion are the Asus strix, MSI Gaming and EVGA ACX 3.0.

Despite the thermal pads issue still lean towards the EVGA. In the tests it was still cooling very good and silent and have a good stable GPU boost. The EVGA fix should make it even better :) I like the looks also best since I am no fan of red, and noislvls are important for me. The MSI is also very silent but is marginally less in performance, while the Strix is vice versa of that: a bit louder but also a bit higher GPU boost speed. But all are good options. So would depend much on price and availability. But don't look to much at out of box speeds since GPU boost goes over that anyway, and that is more depending on how good the cooler is.

Ok, give me the absolute best cooler on the gtx 1080

22 minutes ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

Ok, give me the absolute best cooler on the gtx 1080

Zotac amp extreme perhaps? That has 3 fans. Very big though, make sure your case is big enough. 

Love not hate

Would u know what the best brand is the best for the 1080, like cooling,OCing and such. No watercooling tho.

From the reviews I read prior to buying mine is the Palit Gamerock Premium, beats most most out of the box with temps and FPS

Ryzen Ram Guide