Minecraft - try restaring your game

Hello guys i hosted server but everytime it says  Minecraft: failed to login : invalid session try restarting your game  :/ Can i get some help? 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

1 minute ago, Redjo said:

Hello guys i hosted server but everytime it says  Minecraft: failed to login : invalid session try restarting your game  :/ Can i get some help? 

Is it hosted locally?

Is someone else using his account? Is this a cracked account?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Unexas. said:

Is it hosted locally?

What do you mean? 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

Just now, Redjo said:

What do you mean? 

Is the server hosted locally?

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Is someone else using his account? Is this a cracked account?

Ya i dont own premium account its cracked accaunt, i just download the game and write nickname down there and want to play with friends on our own server. 

Watched alot of youtube videos on how to do server and did everything the same but everytime i try to join it says this, then my friend tried and same problem for him. 

I also turned online mode to FALSE 

Project Redline: 

Just now, stconquest said:

Is the server running on the same machine as the game?

Yes 

Project Redline: 

Just now, Redjo said:

Yes 

Are you typing in your IP address to connect?  If so, try "localhost" instead of the IP address.

Just now, Redjo said:

Ya i dont have the game its cracked accaunt, i just download the game and write nickname and want to play with friends on our own server. 

Watched youtube video and did everything the same but everytime i try to join it says this, then my friend tried and same problem for him. 

You need to go into the server properties file, change "online" from true to false.

Save and restart the server, he should be able to log in now.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Literally log out via the main client to the point where you must put in your email and password again. Don't just re-click on the already logged in option. Make sure you have to input your email again. That's how you fix an invalid login session. The issue isn't with the server.

1 minute ago, Unexas. said:

Did you port forward?

No whats that 

Project Redline: 

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You need to go into the server properties file, change "online" from true to false.

Save and restart the server, he should be able to log in now.

Ya i already did this.

What i didnt is ''port forward'' or something

Project Redline: 

9 minutes ago, Redjo said:

are you by any chance using a pirated version of the game? ;)

Just now, Redjo said:

Ya i already did this.

Yeah, but that still shouldn't cause an invalid session error. It'd just fail to connect to the server,

https://portforward.com/softwareguides/minecraft/portforward-minecraft.htm

This is a good resource for Port Forwarding. I'd recommend portforward.com above all others for information on this.

Just now, manikyath said:

are you by any chance using a pirated version of the game? ;)

Yes i just download and there was place to put nickname, i dont have premium account. 

Project Redline: 

2 minutes ago, Redjo said:

Ya i already did this.

If he is connecting from somewhere outside your house then you need to port forward.

Look on youtube, there are tons of tutorials, every router/modem is different so you will need to look at lots until you understand what to do.

Spoiler

Just now, Redjo said:

Yes i just download and there was place to put nickname, i dont have premium account. 

i can tell you how you fix this, but i'm not going to for two reasons:

1: it's against the forum's community standards.

2: BUY THE FRIKKING GAME.

Just now, Redjo said:

Oh, well there's your problem. Buy the game once you know you like it, but to try it for now, you need to set your server to offline mode once you have it set up. But don't use the pirated version for long. And certainly don't use the same password if it's asking for one. Those versions can be legitimately dangerous.

2 minutes ago, AntVenom said:

Oh, well there's your problem. Buy the game once you know you like it, but to try it for now, you need to set your server to offline mode once you have it set up. But don't use the pirated version for long. And certainly don't use the same password if it's asking for one. Those versions can be legitimately dangerous.

Where can i set it to offline mode? 

Project Redline: 

2 minutes ago, AntVenom said:

should probably add to this that a server in offline mode is basicly a disaster waiting to happen.

we've all been there when some "slightly-less-intelligent-than-preferred" public server owner had his server in offline mode, and for the sake of having some fun someone logs in on the owner's account :P

Just now, Redjo said:

Where can i set it to offline mode? 

Google for it. As a consequence for pirating, I'm just gonna say you need to find the information yourself, as you found the pirated game.

3 minutes ago, AntVenom said:

Google for it. As a consequence for pirating, I'm just gonna say you need to find the information yourself, as you found the pirated game.

considering, putting the server in offline mode isnt necessary pirating (it's an intended feature, for eg. when the server is in a LAN enviroment not connected to the internet, or when the auth server are down)

but still, if OP doesnt wanna fork out €20 for a game with near infinite playtime (i dont even wanna know how many hours i have logged...) he'll need to work for it :D

• 5 months later...

If you are like me and are using the Shiginima Launcher, you can only join cracked servers like KeiNett, so no authentic Minecraft servers.  Consider buying the real game though.  yep.