Need suggestion on motherboard and CPU

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my processor to i7- 6700 or i7 - 6700 and having trouble deciding on a good motherboard primarily because I have little idea about motherboard configuration. I bought a FX - 8350 last time and I really regret not consulting others before that purchase, so this time around I would really appreciate any advice. I would also appreciate if someone can look at the below websites and suggest me something directly. I have filtered the search results so you wont have to bother

Websites:

1. http://www.primeabgb.com/buy-online-price-inida/motherboards/?filtering=1&filter_chipset=intel-z170

2. http://mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/category&path=74_90_308#/chipset-z170-a380-vZ170/sort=p.price/order=ASC/limit=250

3. http://amazon.in (I could not find how to get a filtered link for this, sorry)

My needs:

1. A good motherboard/CPU for gaming and streaming/recording.

2. Overclocking abilities on the motherboard.

3. Should work with nVidia GTX 970 (which is what I have right now)

4. I am on a very tight budget so would appreciate anything below 12k INR for motherboard.

Can someone also explain me what I would be missing if I don't get a 15k worth board?

Thank you very much in advance.

You aren't going to get a CPU for under that amount of money, never mind a CPU and a motherboard. Going to have to spend about $350 or ~23,350 INR

Please quote me if you are replying so that I get a notification. Also, mark my answer as "correct" if I've answered your question :)

Just motherboard costs like 13k INR.

I don't know how you want to get whole PC for that money. It's like 170$ budget if I got that right.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

If you really only have 12k INR, then you could use a site like eBay and buy used parts. Not sure how that works in India though.

Please quote me if you are replying so that I get a notification. Also, mark my answer as "correct" if I've answered your question :)

27 minutes ago, nsinnott said:

You aren't going to get a CPU for under that amount of money, never mind a CPU and a motherboard. Going to have to spend about $350 or ~23,350 INR

14 minutes ago, nsinnott said:

If you really only have 12k INR, then you could use a site like eBay and buy used parts. Not sure how that works in India though.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have only 12k for the motherboard. I did not consider the CPU in that budget.

Edited my post to reflect that.

29 minutes ago, nsinnott said:

Sorry, my bad. I meant 12k or below for the motherboard. Did not account CPU in that budget.

Just now, Flanar said:

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have only 12k for the motherboard. I did not consider the CPU in that budget.

Edited my post to reflect that.

Well then that's fine. You can easily find one of those. I would personally recommend this one.

23 minutes ago, nsinnott said:

Well then that's fine. You can easily find one of those. I would personally recommend this one.

Can you tell me why do you recommend that? I would like to know why you suggested that so I can make an informed decision.

49 minutes ago, Flanar said:

Can you tell me why do you recommend that? I would like to know why you suggested that so I can make an informed decision.

do you really want to overclock ...... u can go with i7 6700 (non-k) .....

u also have to buy a cooler which will cost min. 3k

2 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

do you really want to overclock ...... u can go with i7 6700 (non-k) .....

u also have to buy a cooler which will cost min. 3k

I already do have an CM Evo 212x so I am not worried about that.

I would like to keep the option of overclocking open because I render, stream and play games, so just from future perspective.

10 minutes ago, Flanar said:

I already do have an CM Evo 212x so I am not worried about that.

I would like to keep the option of overclocking open because I render, stream and play games, so just from future perspective.

ok then...... difference between 15k and 12k motherboard will be more features such as more usb ports or usb type c ports ..... m.2 ssd slots etc.

1 minute ago, Tim Serious said:

ok then...... difference between 15k and 12k motherboard will be more features such as more usb ports or usb type c ports ..... m.2 ssd slots etc.

I think if a motherboard provides  4-6 USB ports at the back, that would be enough for me and I don't really have any use for USB-C yet.

Can you suggest a good board under 12k?

6 minutes ago, Flanar said:

I think if a motherboard provides  4-6 USB ports at the back, that would be enough for me and I don't really have any use for USB-C yet.

Can you suggest a good board under 12k?

any z170 board will do ...... check from gigabyte, msi and asus whichever is under 12k and has good reviews on newegg and amazon.com just buy that.

go Asus z170AR (9k) Or Z170 pro gaming (10.5k) Gigabyte ultra gaming (13k) :(prices at grand road) 

Also here is my idea (i know its kinda crappy)

buy one of the better mobo and a cheap pentium or i3 6098p

and upgrade to i7 7000+ (7700k) as always all of these mobos have got Bios support for kaby lake

1 minute ago, Scitesh said:

go Asus z170AR (9k) Or Z170 pro gaming (10.5k) Gigabyte ultra gaming (13k) :(prices at grand road) 

Also here is my idea (i know its kinda crappy)

buy one of the better mobo and a cheap pentium or i3 6098p

and upgrade to i7 7000+ (7700k) as always all of these mobos have got Bios support for kaby lake

Goddamn, those prices are absolutely awesome. Do they have an online website where I can order those parts from? I live in Pune.

As for suggestion, unfortunately, the only reason I am upgrading is because my CPU is not good enough for my use and I need to get a new one soon.

1 minute ago, Flanar said:

Goddamn, those prices are absolutely awesome. Do they have an online website where I can order those parts from? I live in Pune.

As for suggestion, unfortunately, the only reason I am upgrading is because my CPU is not good enough for my use and I need to get a new one soon.

Grant road is not a single shop it is an entire market place 

Fun fact  primeABGB is set and retails from their

( i thought you lived in mumbai bcoz you gave ABGB link)

2 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

Grant road is not a single shop it is an entire market place 

Fun fact  primeABGB is set and retails from their

( i thought you lived in mumbai bcoz you gave ABGB link)

Damn, do you know any good shops that ships to Pune?