How much should I sell my 980 Ti for?

Joey No Salad

My 980 Ti is in perfect condition, the only reason I am selling the beast is because I just upgraded to a 1080.

Any ideas on how high I should price my GPU? I am personally thinking around 300 bucks to 350. But I am a first time seller, so I still want opinion. Otherwise I wouldn't being posting this.

Brand: Gigabyte G1 Gaming Windforce

Also, should I ship it in it's original box?

2 minutes ago, Joey No Salad said:

My 980 Ti is in perfect condition, the only reason I am selling the beast is because I just upgraded to a 1080.

Any ideas on how high I should price my GPU? I am personally thinking around 300 bucks to 350. But I am a first time seller, so I still want opinion. Otherwise I wouldn't being posting this.

if you have the original box - charge about 400 dollars - show it's in perfect condition and show benchmarks and everything so that they know there isn't performance degradation. But personally, i would keep it and just buy a pcie dock so you can plug it into a laptop and turn it into a portable beast

Just now, AwesomeAustin226 said:

What do you even need a 1080 for anyway?

Future proofing and I wanna be able to play at Ultra settings at higher resolutions

$335 shipped.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Well, most of these days, people seem to ask a lot (those that are switched on and know what they're buying) on if it's been overclocked, and if it's had any problems such as voltage controls.

Try and be honest with your auction page, as it makes the process easier for everyone and will attract more potential buyers.

But I'd say keep it. Why get rid of it now? Build a second PC with it. Keep it for a potential laptop rig, what with Razer and the likes making GPU docks now.

Do as you see fit.

I'm not a cop, I'm just words.

3 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

if you have the original box - charge about 400 dollars - show it's in perfect condition and show benchmarks and everything so that they know there isn't performance degradation. But personally, i would keep it and just buy a pcie dock so you can plug it into a laptop and turn it into a portable beast

Sweet. I'm going to wait for some more replies before I make a final decision. But yeah I'm not gonna keep it because the only laptop I have is a really crappy laptop that would bottleneck the crap out of the 980Ti

If your going to sell 375-400 is good, and having original packaging increases value.

Just now, Malleotomato said:

If your going to sell 375-400 is good, and having original packaging increases value.

Good thing I kept the original box and packaging then!

2 minutes ago, Malleotomato said:

Yeah haha its suprising how many people don't

I am very obsessive about keeping the original packaging of electronics. You never know when a company will need it for service or you want to sell it.

So am i, I have the best boxes(Graphics card/Cpu/Mobo/Keyboard) in a Collage on top of my dresser Lmk if you want to see a picture lol.

35 minutes ago, Joey No Salad said:

Personally would probably do somewhere close to $325

If you're gonna sell it at $400 that's pretty close to a GTX 1070... considering that the GTX 1070 would be brand new if it was bought and much faster, I suggest just price it for ~$350 or even lesser.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Considering you can get a brand new 1070 that will outperform it for $370, you won't be able to sell it for more than $350. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a used 980Ti but that's just me. I think $325 would be fair if it's in pristine condition with the original box.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.