1080p vs 1440p?

Well built my nice gaming and working rig a couple of months ago (tho still left to add 8GB more RAM) and although all my peripherals need to be changed I'm thinking about what to do for the monitor. Currently I have an Asus V222 60hz 1080p '21 monitor and I want a better one. But there's the though decision to make, do I go full out on a great 1080p monitor or get a "regular" 1440p monitor? I've been searching and thinking and I've found these 3 monitors the best for my budget:

- Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz 1ms response '24

- AOC G2460PF 1080p 144hz 1ms response '24 FreeSync

- BenQ BL2420PT 1440p (60hz? haven't found that info anywhere, but it does have DVI DL) 5ms response '23,8 

Now what I think, at 1080p games will run better, but really besides CS GO, WoT, Doom and maybe a few more I play don't really go far over 80-90 FPS (not counting any older games) so 144hz might not be as useful in the near future + stretching 1080p to 24 inches (from the 21 inches I'm used to now) I'm not sure if it's a great idea. But then at 1440p although probably most recent and future games won't be able to run past 60fps there will still be some that could go over where 60hz is gonna be boring again (I do wish that the BenQ 2k monitor I listed is maybe 75hz but I doubt it :( ) the good thing with 2k is the nice quality, BUT it's 23,8 inches vs the 24 on the other 2 and 21 on my current one, now going to 23,8 from 21,5 is still nice and what makes it even better is that the pixel density is bigger than my current monitor (and the 2 1080p ones ofc). It would also be cool to have better quality since I work in photoshop, illustrator and similar programs. 

And now the thing to consider, my PC, Strix 480 8GB OC i5 6600 (non K) and 8GB of RAM (will be 16GB). I've tested most if not all games I currently have installed at 2k using VSR, all games except RotTR and Mafia 3 stayed over 40fps most of the time (maxed out, MSAA lowered) some even go over 60fps, even Witcher 3 maxed out with hairworks stayed over 40fps 90% of the time. But what worries me are the upcoming and future games, I know I don't have a 1080 to keep all games maxed out with 60+fps for the next 2 years but still I don't want to have to go to all medium or medium low to hit 50 fps with this years games... 

(Also is this BenQ 2k monitor good overall? Like quality and stuff and I know it's not a "gaming" monitor but still would it be complete shit for gaming or would it be better than my V222 Asus anyway?) 

What do I do? Oh and feel free to suggest any other good 1080p or 2k monitors but just to say, this BenQ monitor is the only 2k monitor I found that's the same price as the other 2 I mentioned, so it's pretty much a fair comparison with the price, and no I can't go much higher than this price (every other 2k monitor I found is $100+ from this)

CPU: Ryzen 9 7900X | CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE | Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM: Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 5600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RX7800XT | PSU: Cooler Master V850 V2 Gold | SSD: Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB M.2 NVME  | HDD: WD Blue 1TB x2 | HDD: WD Blue 2TB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl 

Your rig should be push anything up to 4k provided you tweek settings as necessary. As for a monitor, I personalty would get a big 1080p monitor but your opinion may vary.

Instead of getting a 1440p monitor I would get 1080p which is over 144hz

The 480 is best suited for 1080p resolutions. So I would go that. Sure it can run higher reso's but it might require more tweaking videosettings.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

I'm not sure how big of a monitor to go with, I mean I don't have a really tight space but I don't have all the space in the world and my concern is the image quality up close. With a bigger monitor I should stay farther back but I have a tendency to lean forwards cause I like to keep my forearms on the desk so I'd either need to start putting the keyboard and mouse near the edge or make a really deep desk :D so as far as the size goes I'm cool with a 23,8-24 inch, a 27inch would be great but 2k 27inch are expensive and the 1080p 27inch ones here are either regular 60hz and all or are really expensive too :\ 

CPU: Ryzen 9 7900X | CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE | Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM: Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 5600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RX7800XT | PSU: Cooler Master V850 V2 Gold | SSD: Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB M.2 NVME  | HDD: WD Blue 1TB x2 | HDD: WD Blue 2TB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl 

29 minutes ago, -X- said:

Well built my nice gaming and working rig a couple of months ago (tho still left to add 8GB more RAM) and although all my peripherals need to be changed I'm thinking about what to do for the monitor. Currently I have an Asus V222 60hz 1080p '21 monitor and I want a better one. But there's the though decision to make, do I go full out on a great 1080p monitor or get a "regular" 1440p monitor? I've been searching and thinking and I've found these 3 monitors the best for my budget:

- Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz 1ms response '24

- AOC G2460PF 1080p 144hz 1ms response '24 FreeSync

- BenQ BL2420PT 1440p (60hz? haven't found that info anywhere, but it does have DVI DL) 5ms response '23,8 

Now what I think, at 1080p games will run better, but really besides CS GO, WoT, Doom and maybe a few more I play don't really go far over 80-90 FPS (not counting any older games) so 144hz might not be as useful in the near future + stretching 1080p to 24 inches (from the 21 inches I'm used to now) I'm not sure if it's a great idea. But then at 1440p although probably most recent and future games won't be able to run past 60fps there will still be some that could go over where 60hz is gonna be boring again (I do wish that the BenQ 2k monitor I listed is maybe 75hz but I doubt it :( ) the good thing with 2k is the nice quality, BUT it's 23,8 inches vs the 24 on the other 2 and 21 on my current one, now going to 23,8 from 21,5 is still nice and what makes it even better is that the pixel density is bigger than my current monitor (and the 2 1080p ones ofc). It would also be cool to have better quality since I work in photoshop, illustrator and similar programs. 

And now the thing to consider, my PC, Strix 480 8GB OC i5 6600 (non K) and 8GB of RAM (will be 16GB). I've tested most if not all games I currently have installed at 2k using VSR, all games except RotTR and Mafia 3 stayed over 40fps most of the time (maxed out, MSAA lowered) some even go over 60fps, even Witcher 3 maxed out with hairworks stayed over 40fps 90% of the time. But what worries me are the upcoming and future games, I know I don't have a 1080 to keep all games maxed out with 60+fps for the next 2 years but still I don't want to have to go to all medium or medium low to hit 50 fps with this years games... 

(Also is this BenQ 2k monitor good overall? Like quality and stuff and I know it's not a "gaming" monitor but still would it be complete shit for gaming or would it be better than my V222 Asus anyway?) 

What do I do? Oh and feel free to suggest any other good 1080p or 2k monitors but just to say, this BenQ monitor is the only 2k monitor I found that's the same price as the other 2 I mentioned, so it's pretty much a fair comparison with the price, and no I can't go much higher than this price (every other 2k monitor I found is $100+ from this)

I would get the VG248QE. I'm using it right now, this monitor is one of the most popular for good reason. 144Hz is super nice, once you get into that 90FPS range you become really spoiled and even 60FPS starts to look laggy.