Samsung Galaxy S8 will possibly have a near bezel-less display

Railgun

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/11/01/galaxy-s8-report/

A new report out of Korea discusses the possible changes we will see with regard to overall design of the device, and if the reports pan out to be remotely accurate, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Edge may be a huge hit for fans of minimal display bezel. 

Stated by a Samsung Display researcher, the company may introduce a, “full-screen display whose display area ratio reaches more than 90 percent next year,” meaning very little bezel. In future devices, the researcher added, Samsung may have devices with 99 percent display to body ratios. Naturally, if we are talking nearly 100 percent front side display, you can say “so long” to Samsung’s home button.

To be honest, I'm not going to be happy if it turns out to be 100% screen and no home button. The source I provided above has pretty much all the details but it doesn't provide very much information as to where they got this report. I decided to look around and I was able to find other articles that made it seem much more credible. Sticking with this one though because it's short and simple.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Just now, LukaH said:

"Samsung Galaxy S8 will possibly have a near explode-less battery"

sorry i had to 

The only reason I didn't include a similar joke to the thread was because I couldn't think of one that good smh

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

1 minute ago, Railgun said:

The only reason I didn't include a similar joke to the thread was because I couldn't think of one that good smh

great minds think alike :)

the render looks sexy tho

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

Just now, LukaH said:

great minds think alike :)

the render looks sexy tho

...You mean in the article? 99% sure that's just an S7 Edge lol

2 minutes ago, Railgun said:

...You mean in the article? 99% sure that's just an S7 Edge lol

ohh my bad not really big on the phones :P

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

10/10 would buy phonade again.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

The Note 7 had an almost bezel less display on either side i really hope they use inspiration from it because it was such a sexy phone. Matte black aluminum s8 please Samsung.

(near) edgeless screens will cause problems. Even though my Lumia 1320 has a fairly narrow bezzel I still find myself accidentally pressing stuff, specially when taking the monster out of a pocket

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

36 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

(near) edgeless screens will cause problems. Even though my Lumia 1320 has a fairly narrow bezzel I still find myself accidentally pressing stuff, specially when taking the monster out of a pocket

Well obviously accidental touches will be addressed by Samsung... So that won't be a problem. The only real problem is dropping the phone. If Samsung goes this route they better include or have options to purchase a case that will minimize drop damage.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

The Samsung note c4 also didn't have a bezel. probably because it blew off, but still.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

If removable battery, I'll buy in a heartbeat. Else, nope.

Still waiting for my G4 to get 1upped.

A removable battery while still being water proof would almost be an instant buy for me.

7 hours ago, revsilverspine said:

Samsungs tech concerning accidental touching on the curved screens is near faultless. No need to worry on that front.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

10 hours ago, Railgun said:

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/11/01/galaxy-s8-report/

To be honest, I'm not going to be happy if it turns out to be 100% screen and no home button. The source I provided above has pretty much all the details but it doesn't provide very much information as to where they got this report. I decided to look around and I was able to find other articles that made it seem much more credible. Sticking with this one though because it's short and simple.

They better redeem themselves so that Apple doesn't stagnate further.

If I could just get an S6/S7 with updated hardware, I'd be happy. Really I don't care as much about design, I mean the S6 looks nice. Though that's largely because it sort of mimics Apple's design language, honestly I think it's better than Apple but Apple-esque nonetheless. Which I don't think is a bad thing, but I did like my Moto G (2014) for being different in the sense that it didn't really look like most phones. It was sort of unique, or as unique as a mainstream budget phone could've gotten.

These newer phones, really don't seem to have that same appeal. I suppose, there's nearly another year before I'd likely consider an upgrade to my splendid Galaxy S6. While an S8 might be a potential choice for an upgrade, I wouldn't really be interested in a near bezel-less or completely bezel free phone.

Not very relevant, but moderately related rambling if that makes any sense.

Spoiler

I like the S6's design and don't mind the S7's either since they're very similar. Maybe a Google Pixel or a 2017 successor, could be a choice if that 2017 successor did keep the headphone jack. That's a big factor for me as I like the ubiquity of the headphone jack and also the versatility that it offers over only having a single port and potentially having to use adapters if a phone did lack a headphone jack. I also refuse to go to wireless because it costs more and relies on a power source therefore needing to be charged.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I'm not too surprised really, it can be really nice. Don't care about home button, like how my Xperia Z haves it on screen so yeah.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list