Every Athlete at Sochi gets a Free Samsung Galaxy Note 3

algoat

So every athlete at the Winter Olympics will be getting a free Samsung Galaxy Note 3.  Samsung is one of the major sponsors of the games and their brand will be seen by everyone.  If you do the math, 2000 - 3000 athletes with phones at cost is <$2 million.  That's a drop in the bucket for Samsung.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/10/23/samsungs-smart-olympic-games-initiative-to-give-every-sochi-athlete-a-free-note-3/

Edit:  I feel a lot of us have to write a disclaimer before posting, but I searched many different terms and couldn't find a similar topic.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Now I wished I was a Sochi Athlete

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

So every athlete at the Winter Olympics will be getting a free Samsung Galaxy Note 3.  Samsung is one of the major sponsors of the games and their brand will be seen by everyone.  If you do the math, 2000 - 3000 athletes with phones at cost is <$2 million.  That's a drop in the bucket for Samsung.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/10/23/samsungs-smart-olympic-games-initiative-to-give-every-sochi-athlete-a-free-note-3/

Edit:  I feel a lot of us have to write a disclaimer before posting, but I searched many different terms and couldn't find a similar topic.

Now I need to get into the olympics... Thats cool though, your math is a bit off though since samsung is only paying for the cost of making it they don't pay retail for their own stuff. I'd say $100-$200 for each * 3000 athletes = 300,000-600,000 still a lot but not 2mil

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

I can't wait to watch the Russian Grand Prix in Sochi! I'll be there for a while before taking a plane from Moscow to Yerevan, Armenia. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Now I need to get into the olympics... Thats cool though, your math is a bit off though since samsung is only paying for the cost of making it they don't pay retail for their own stuff. I'd say $100-$200 for each * 3000 athletes = 300,000-600,000 still a lot but not 2mil

Ya, I totally over estimated. But that's why I used the '<' sign.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

i'm probably not gonna watch the Olympics. I might Boycott the games because of their government is full of homophobes.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Will it come with preinstalled NSA spyware?

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Will it come with preinstalled NSA spyware?

No its russian, they have their own GRU spyware, although the NSA probably tapped that too

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

League of Legends is now an olympic sport right? everybody to the keyboard

League of Legends. Combined with Ice Hockey. The cross-country skiers could play the part of the towers and take pot shots at the LoL players, who are ice-skating and using their hockey sticks to pummel the shit out of their opponent. The first team to have all 5 players behind the enemy goal wins.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

No its russian, they have their own GRU spyware, although the NSA probably tapped that too

You never know if NSA didnt payoff Samsung to install backdoor to the phone...

Ministry of StopIt!

They still have a budget, they probably just told samsung that they had "discovered" some scandal involving a top exec and that they wouldn't publish it if they put in the spyware

They still have a budget, they probably just told samsung that they had "discovered" some scandal involving a top exec and that they wouldn't publish it if they put in the spyware

See - any reason is good for NSA...

Ministry of StopIt!

Most of the devices will be going out to non-Russians anyway...

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Most of the devices will be going out to non-Russians anyway...

NSA was spying on UE government - dont think ruskies are their only targets...

Ministry of StopIt!

How many athletes are going to create a new Olympic game of trying to perform some athletic feat with that device?

100%

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

There was only like 2500 for the olympics in 2010.

There is a possibility there won't be that much.

Regardless, this just means that athletes in the olympic camp can now have sex with each other like they did in 2012 London but by using Samsung's chat service.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Regardless, this just means that athletes in the olympic camp can now have sex with each other like they did in 2012 London but by using Samsung's chat service.

An app that you know is in the making.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

i'm probably not gonna watch the Olympics. I might Boycott the games because of their government is full of homophobes.

Boycotting the olympic games when they were supposed to be held in germany stopped it correct?

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boycotting the olympic games when they were supposed to be held in germany stopped it correct?

no, but i'm doing out of principle

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

no, but i'm doing out of principle

Okay, wasn't sure if it worked or not

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------