Here's a genre breakdown of PS4 and Xbox One games

TopWargamer

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151642700462133&set=a.143348397132.120374.102148337132&type=1&theater

1378415_10151642700462133_1964198781_n.j

I learned 3 things from this chart:

1) Damn the PS4 has a lot of exclusives. Step it up Microsoft.

2) There are way too many shooters coming out. 

3) We need more RPGs. 

COMIC SANS

I would prefer all equal games across PC PS4 XBox, but... PS4>xBONE

Great job Sony. Can't wait to see what kind of black magic Naughty Dog can come up with this time.

I hate exclusives stops dev's from showing there work to everyone :P

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

At this rate, FPSs are gonna crash the industry. And I consider myself an FPS player first and foremost.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Sorry to say that this chart has looked roughly like these proportions since the late 90s. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151642700462133&set=a.143348397132.120374.102148337132&type=1&theater

1378415_10151642700462133_1964198781_n.j

I learned 3 things from this chart:

1) Damn the PS4 has a lot of exclusives. Step it up Microsoft.

2) There are way too many shooters coming out. 

3) We need more RPGs. 

As seen here : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2013/00068659-xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-les-jeux-du-lancement.htm

Xbox one seems to have more exclusive (not counting digital only games)

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Of course a lot of exclusives aren't announced yet for both platforms. I would wait a little bit to judge Microsoft or Sony for exclusives.

I'm still buying the Xbox One first, then buying the PS4 after a price drop.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

And not a single one holds a candle to Nintendo exclusives.

We need more RPGs and MMORPGs

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

And not a single one holds a candle to Nintendo exclusives.

Nintendo, huehuehue. 

Besides X and Y, which is basically the same as every other Pokemon game in existence with 0 innovation, what other popular titles do they have coming up?

I hate exclusives stops dev's from showing there work to everyone :P

Having it multi-platform may restrict the audience but, It improves the game (Better optimisations, visuals... etc.) and its a lot less work for the developers they're only working on 1 platform so they're not having to worry about the other console. Generally speaking big IPs that are/become exclusive generally get a but tonne of money from the company they're developing for e.g. Sony or Microsoft.

Of course a lot of exclusives aren't announced yet for both platforms. I would wait a little bit to judge Microsoft or Sony for exclusives.

I'm still buying the Xbox One first, then buying the PS4 after a price drop.

You're buying the more expensive one at launch and waiting for the price to drop on the cheaper one? Or is it because you didn't pre-order the PS4 and can't get it on launch. I wouldn't hold your breathe on the price dropping any time soon.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

At this rate, FPSs are gonna crash the industry. And I consider myself an FPS player first and foremost.

I don't want FPS games to crash the industry, but there needs to be fewer of them. 

The thing is, now a days people are more interested in a run-n-gun multiplayer game and not in an actual, good game with a good story. Not saying that all FPS games are this, and I'm not saying that you're one of these types of gamers, but a lot of people/games seem to be this way. 

COMIC SANS

I don't want FPS games to crash the industry, but there needs to be fewer of them. 

The thing is, now a days people are more interested in a run-n-gun multiplayer game and not in an actual, good game with a good story. Not saying that all FPS games are this, and I'm not saying that you're one of these types of gamers, but a lot of people/games seem to be this way. 

This.

My favorite game of all time is this obscure game for the PS2 called Steambot Chronicles. The controls, the story and the characters is what drawn me into the game. We need more games that get you invested in a nice story.

I mean come on, when this is one of the first things you gotta fight...

steambot-chronicles-20060706113725038-15

You know the game is going to be unique, something many games today lack.

This.

My favorite game of all time is this obscure game for the PS2 called Steambot Chronicles. The controls, the story and the characters is what drawn me into the game. We need more games that get you invested in a nice story.

I mean come on, when this is one of the first things you gotta fight...

steambot-chronicles-20060706113725038-15

You know the game is going to be unique, something many games today lack.

Unique games are far and few now a days, which is sad, and hopefully the gaming industry turns around and starts pumping out unique games again.

And just throwing this out there, one of my favorite games of all time is Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64. 

COMIC SANS

Having it multi-platform may restrict the audience but, It improves the game (Better optimisations, visuals... etc.) and its a lot less work for the developers they're only working on 1 platform so they're not having to worry about the other console. Generally speaking big IPs that are/become exclusive generally get a but tonne of money from the company they're developing for e.g. Sony or Microsoft.

You're buying the more expensive one at launch and waiting for the price to drop on the cheaper one? Or is it because you didn't pre-order the PS4 and can't get it on launch. I wouldn't hold your breathe on the price dropping any time soon.

Yes, I'm buying the more expensive one at launch for several reasons

1. Friends
  2. Forza Motorsport
  3. Ryse
  4. Dead Rising 3
  5. Kinect
  6. A little bit of fanboy
  7. The 12 year old's will probably move to PS4 because it's cheaper, so that's always good

Actually, I might ask for it for my B-day or Christmas next year. I'm going to get a job that pays minimum wage (I think) to start saving up for college and maybe spend some of it on the PS4. I want to wait until another Naughty Dog game is released before buying the PS4.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

It's all because of Call of Duty's fault if you asked me. With that, sophisticated games like the older Battlefields or other franchises with their unique styles are all starting to try to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Hence the hundreds of CoD clones and none of the others ever sell. Is CoD a bad game? No, but it's a horrible influence on the industry.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Unique games are far and few now a days, which is sad, and hopefully the gaming industry turns around and starts pumping out unique games again.

And just throwing this out there, one of my favorite games of all time is Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64. 

The N64 had quite the unique library of games. Little tidbit, I always found it funny how the "family friendly" console from Nintendo had the better uncensored Conker's Bad Fur Day vs the remake on the "1337" Xbox..which was censored. Hmm, I also wish Namco would stop whatever they are doing or lack of and create another Klonoa title.

--

I'll see your 100th game based off war and raise you a unique tale featuring romance, steampunk, music and mech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cydi72HkBog

Yes, I'm buying the more expensive one at launch for several reasons

1. Friends
  2. Forza Motorsport
  3. Ryse
  4. Dead Rising 3
  5. Kinect
  6. A little bit of fanboy
  7. The 12 year old's will probably move to PS4 because it's cheaper, so that's always good

Actually, I might ask for it for my B-day or Christmas next year. I'm going to get a job that pays minimum wage (I think) to start saving up for college and maybe spend some of it on the PS4. I want to wait until another Naughty Dog game is released before buying the PS4.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact you're getting the Xbone first. I'm getting an Xbone first aswell but only because it comes out a week before the PS4. I wouldn't get my hopes up on 12 year olds moving to PS4. Xbone will be more popular in america and all the 12yr olds I encounter are american... With the exceptions of a couple of aussies. xD

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I'm not disagreeing with the fact you're getting the Xbone first. I'm getting an Xbone first aswell but only because it comes out a week before the PS4. I wouldn't get my hopes up on 12 year olds moving to PS4. Xbone will be more popular in america and all the 12yr olds I encounter are american... With the exceptions of a couple of aussies. xD

It's actually coming out a week later, I think. Don't know if it's typo or not.

am i the only one that thinks there needs to be more arena shooters like unreal tournament 2004? those games are just awesome.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

That list is highly inaccurate for both consoles. 

My bad then, I have to admit that I don't really pay atention to console releases. You did read that they didn't count the digital only games ?

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

It's actually coming out a week later, I think. Don't know if it's typo or not.

Depends where you live. In the US the PS4 comes out on the 15th of November. In the rest of the world it comes out on the 29th of November. MS slotted the Xbone right in the middle on the 22nd.

Pretty smart move by MS, In the US where Xbox has dominance they can release later and get away with it. In the rest of the world where Playstation has dominance they come out before. 

I live in Australia so November 29 for PS4 for me.

Spoiler