Issue with computer restart while playing BF1

Hi, 

While playing Battlefield 1 my computer will sometimes restart without any warning, blue screen or error messages. It is basically like someone took my computer and unplugged it from the wall. 

My specs (if it helps):

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Super Clocked

CPU: AMD FX 6300

RAM: 16gb Balistix Sport (quad channel)

MOBO: Gigabyte AM3+ AMD 970 GA-970A-UD3P

PSU: Corsair 750w semi modular

HEATSINK: Coolermaster hyper 212 evo

CASE: Bitfenix Comrade

Any help is very much appreciated.

-Brian

25 minutes ago, Hammythejedi said:

Hi, 

While playing Battlefield 1 my computer will sometimes restart without any warning, blue screen or error messages. It is basically like someone took my computer and unplugged it from the wall. 

My specs (if it helps):

-Brian

Sounds like an unstable over clock 

4 hours ago, Craigathorn said:

Sounds like an unstable over clock 

How would I fix that? Everything should be at stock, I haven't overclocked anything at all. The GPU is the "super clocked" version though.

4 hours ago, Gonio said:

You have OCed? What are temps? Is your case dusty? What are the notifications saying? Are drivers up to date?

not dusty, stable temps, no overclocks done by me (possibly a factory overclock). There are no notifications/error messages. All drivers are up to date.

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Its is possible for the GPU to be unstable at factory OC or even while boosting. If it only happens in BF1, its possible the data file is corrupted. 

thanks ill try a redownload

6 hours ago, Hammythejedi said:

not dusty, stable temps, no overclocks done by me (possibly a factory overclock). There are no notifications/error messages. All drivers are up to date.

Well you mentioned blue screens etc, so there are some notifications... What did they say, and to what was it related?

On factory settings your GPU should have no issues even when boosting. I doubt it is the problem, but if it turns out it is you can RMA it for  a replacement.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

15 hours ago, Hammythejedi said:

Hi, 

My specs (if it helps):

-Brian

I had a similar issue with Dark Souls 3 for months until 2 days ago. I went through all sorts of troubleshooting. Try using a different psu. I had a brand new Evga 750 p2, so i thought it couldn't be my problem, but as soon as i popped another one in, i had no more restarts. Generally, if there's no bsod or errors, it's hardware related.

1 hour ago, DaftPansy said:

I had a similar issue with Dark Souls 3 for months until 2 days ago. I went through all sorts of troubleshooting. Try using a different psu. I had a brand new Evga 750 p2, so i thought it couldn't be my problem, but as soon as i popped another one in, i had no more restarts. Generally, if there's no bsod or errors, it's hardware related.

Exactly. If the OS never gets the chance to building and dump an error file to refer to later on, that is due to the hardware shutting off power before it can, which is a failsafe, and not controlled by the OS.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm currently testing all of my components to see which may be the problem.

I tested my gpu on FurMark no issues. I tried to boot up BF1 and it rebooted my computer in about 20 minutes and I didn't even break 50 degrees. I also re-downloaded BF1 and it still happened.Furmarktest.png

Since you have no logs on that, i'd start checking the PSU, then if the voltages are stable, then if is something like "the gpu takes too much current from motherboard", even if i'd never think about the latter.

13 hours ago, Shingouki said:

Since you have no logs on that, i'd start checking the PSU, then if the voltages are stable, then if is something like "the gpu takes too much current from motherboard", even if i'd never think about the latter.

would I check this in my bios?

13 hours ago, Shingouki said:

Also, would this indicate a problem with the motherboard? Or the PSU? Or both?

8 hours ago, Hammythejedi said:

Also, would this indicate a problem with the motherboard? Or the PSU? Or both?

The problem is that if there is no log, it does not indicate anything. If the event viewer gives you nothing, the first thing to suppose is a power off from PSU (cannot handle all the current that computer needs), or some short circuit. The only thing you can exclude is a software failure. But it can even be a problem in the hard disk, for example.

The only thing you know is: IF you have no info, and no software issues, it is an hardware issue

You have to test everything