[New Poll] Why are you here...? [Updated]

Arshdeep

Why do you do this? Spending so much time on something that dose not pay, yet takes up your own time. But again, it is your friends and a place where you are one of many that know what you are talking about.

[i may have a poll/vote soon.]

Is this nerdy? Do you want more stuff?

Why do you spend time on the forum? That is the question. Excuse me if I sounded rude. Why do you watch Linus? Why are you into Tech?

Are you just here to mess around like updates on Facebook? or is this because of your own needs or Linus supports? Helps and guides?

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

im here because the other people here i can talk to, all my IRL friends dont know as much about PC hardware as i do, here i can learn new things instead of teaching all the time. :)

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

here i can learn new things instead of teaching all the time. :)

Turtles can breathe through their buttholes. Learn something new every day.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Because I'm pathetic and have no friends.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I like technology.

I like learning.

Its fun.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Because I like the subject matter, want to learn more about it, enjoy reading about it, and am board.

I watch Linus because he is well spoken, and knows how to interact with the camera.  He goes into something of "performer" mode when he does reviews.  In many ways I feel like his videos have a higher level of professional quality to them than many others.  I like that.  It also helps like Linus is likeable, he is enjoyable to watch, rather than irritating to watch.  

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

So. . . . gay sex for turtles must be awesome.  . . it doubles as a blowjob!

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

the more you know...

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

So. . . . gay sex for turtles must be awesome.  . . it doubles as a blowjob!

Sometimes it's better NOT to know the thought process you had to put these two things together...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Cuz y not, its a better use of my time than Facebook IMO. Helping people when I can is always good or being helped. I like tech and I do not care if ppl call it "Geeky" or "nerdy" that just means I am smarter than them so I spend my time here when I am on my computer and doing other things along with being on the fourm.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Because I'm bored.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Because this is awesome, second it isnt awesome i leave, joalthezombie had the same thought process when he used to be here.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

To be perfectly honest, because Linus and more so Slick  remind me of myself and their friendish arguments with each other remind me of me and a friend.

Since they created this forum I thought I might meet more people with the same interests as me, but so far most people are just idolizing Linus, asking unnecessary questions and overall people even those that actually know about tech are just following trends.

I'm actually in search for people who prefer performance and bang for buck over names and stupid benchmarks that aren't even portraying the real performance difference to scale imho. I could go to some tech sites that have been around for ages, but this thread has the most people around my generation.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

yeah, sometimes you just don't know why you like something. Anyway, is their anything you guys think is irritating in the LTT Experience?

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Because fuck you that's why

No really, because my dad didn't pull out in time.

1. How do you now have a warning post or something.

2. Stop being a big meanie!

3. And by the way.

"Because fuck you that's why"

my place?

I watch it all go down:

post-6374-0-47050500-1382568882.gif

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I'm homebound, games can only keep you entertained as long as you have money to buy new ones. I don't have the money for new games so I pass the time via LTT, youtube and some gaming.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

To be perfectly honest, because Linus and more so Slick  remind me of myself and their friendish arguments with each other remind me of me and a friend.

Since they created this forum I thought I might meet more people with the same interests as me, but so far most people are just idolizing Linus, asking unnecessary questions and overall people even those that actually know about tech are just following trends.

I'm actually in search for people who prefer performance and bang for buck over names and stupid benchmarks that aren't even portraying the real performance difference to scale imho. I could go to some tech sites that have been around for ages, but this thread has the most people around my generation.

Yeah I can understand. This forum like Logan's (not sure about Toms Hardware) is pulled togather by Slick and Linus to something...more

I watch it all go down:

The LTT going down? I am dumb so please excuse me.

I'm homebound, games can only keep you entertained as long as you have money to buy new ones. I don't have the money for new games so I pass the time via LTT, youtube and some gaming.

That makes sense. Especially if you have a family to worry about.

I support small people and people with beards plus sometimes they do some nice p0r... i meant unboxings althought i have to admit i stopped watching WAN and switched to the TEK...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I support small people and people with beards...

I assume... Linus and Slick?

I assume... Linus and Slick?

You said it not me. Ban him Linus not me!

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Because I like talking about tech and helping people out with hardware. (sometimes software) Plus it gives a sense of community I don't really feel I have on other sites. And it is one of the best sites/forum I've been to in a long long time.

As for Linus' videos I like his style and way of making videos, and the WAN show. I think if linus' stopped posting reviews I would still watch the WAN show and watch slick stream afterwords. 

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

The LTT going down? I am dumb so please excuse me.

No, as in I just watch everything that goes on. It's fun. 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.