Is my cpu will bottleneck

So i have a pc with i5 2400 and have some quastions
Is it worth to upgrade to i3 6100 and will the i3 preform better in games (bf1)
Will my i5 bottleneck the 1060 ?
Is my cpu still good for this days ?
If in my country the 1060 3gb cosr 280$ and the 1050ti 200$ is it worth the price ?

Id stay with your 2400.

A bit, depending on the game, Id probaly keep the i5 for anouther year or two.

What settings do you want and what resolution, you probably won't notice the difference visually. ALso look at the rx 470.

In the long run, the 1060 would be better overall but if  you don't have the money, go for the 1050Ti but I don't think it's as good.

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

i have a 2500k and that's still fine, granted mine is overclocked but in reality it's not that much faster than a 2400 and it performs just fine in games - if i were you i wouldn't go for the i3 since it'll probably give you worse performance overall given that it's just a dual core. Save and get yourself a 6500 or 6600k, that'll be much more worth your while.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @4.4GHz Motherboard: Intel DX79TO | Graphics Card: XFX RX 480 RS RAM:  16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR3 @ 1600MHz Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: 1x Kingston UV400 120GB | 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 1x WD Green 1TB | PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W | Case: NZXT S340 White | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x31

2500k is considerably faster than a 2400 at 4.5ghz.

Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock . XEON X5650 4.49ghz

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id stay with your 2400.

A bit, depending on the game, Id probaly keep the i5 for anouther year or two.

What settings do you want and what resolution, you probably won't notice the difference visually. ALso look at the rx 470.

i want play bf1 and i want just a 60 fps in 1080p

Your CPU will be a slight bottleneck for 1060 but I wouldn't really worry about it too much, you should still get pretty good performance. Upgrading to an i3 would not be a good idea since they are roughly the same in terms of performance. The only gain would be that the i3 has more upgrade potential.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Just upgrade next year or the year after that.

Sandy Bridge i5s and i7s are actually one of the best buys 5-ish years ago as they could handle almost everything up to now.

A new i3 wouldn't be much of an upgrade. If you wanna upgrade go full i7 or Xeon xD

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

16 hours ago, DragonTamer1 said:

Your CPU will be a slight bottleneck for 1060 but I wouldn't really worry about it too much, you should still get pretty good performance. Upgrading to an i3 would not be a good idea since they are roughly the same in terms of performance. The only gain would be that the i3 has more upgrade potential.

13 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

Just upgrade next year or the year after that.

Sandy Bridge i5s and i7s are actually one of the best buys 5-ish years ago as they could handle almost everything up to now.

A new i3 wouldn't be much of an upgrade. If you wanna upgrade go full i7 or Xeon xD

Ok thanks to both of you i think i will wait for AMD ZEN 

and what you think about buying the 1050ti ? i want to play battlefield 1 on 1080p 60fps. will that gpu less for 3 years of gaming at 1080p 60fps like maybe the next bf1

Heh dont dis the 6100 till u try it ;) its a beast

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

On 30/10/2016 at 3:38 AM, Michisha said:

Ok thanks to both of you i think i will wait for AMD ZEN 

and what you think about buying the 1050ti ? i want to play battlefield 1 on 1080p 60fps. will that gpu less for 3 years of gaming at 1080p 60fps like maybe the next bf1

I think an RX 480 is better and will last at least two years.

Good idea waiting for Zen.

With DX12 around, Zen APUs might be able to work with the GPU like CrossFire or something.

Plus! with the money you save getting an AMD Zen, you could be able to afford more than the 1050Ti. Like I said, an RX 480 or 490(maybe) good.

Last year my plans to get an R9 380X where halted but this time around I might be able to get either a 480 or 490 (depending on benchmarks).

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."