Is pages/numbers/keynote supposed to come with the installation of Mavericks?

AustinTheIntern
Go to solution Solved by AustinTheIntern,

Hey guys, so I just opened up my App Store and I got a notification saying that I was eligible to get iWork for free. 

Or do you have to buy a new macbook to get it for free?

(I only got ilife suite for free..)

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

yes. 

It is a part of iCloud now. 

edit: on second thought I got those when I bought my current Macbook 2 years ago. It's possible that they just upgrade existing owners for free instead of buying the new version every year. 

yes. 

It is a part of iCloud now. 

When i go to the mac app store it says i still need to buy it for $20...

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

If it's included I'm not sure where... they are 19.99 each in the app store for me and I just upgraded.

When i go to the mac app store it says i still need to buy it for $20...

how old is your mac?

I bet you could raise a stink with customer support saying that you never got your free iLife for students and they would just hook you up. 

Apple does whatever to make their customers happy (except charge $100 per phone call without applecare)

how old is your mac?

I bet you could raise a stink with customer support saying that you never got your free iLife for students and they would just hook you up. 

Apple does whatever to make their customers happy (except charge $100 per phone call without applecare)

New macbook air 2013

and yeah i dont think we get the pages and stuff

New macbook air 2013

and yeah i dont think we get the pages and stuff

Student discounts and promotions have been around forever. Based on the purchase date you can probably get them for free. 

No.

It's free if you buy a new Mac (regardless of which line) or a new iDevice.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Hey guys, so I just opened up my App Store and I got a notification saying that I was eligible to get iWork for free.