2016 (2017?) 3440x1440 ultrawides

jimmy6

Hi all,

I've been putting off the purchase of either a Predator x34 or ASUS PG348Q for the last couple of months because of the "imminent" release of the newer, faster IPS ultrawide panels. Has anyone heard anything about their release date? Last I heard for the Acer x34P was "Q4 2016".

J6

I would wait for CES 2017 and see what's announced.  With the current generation of GPUs from nvidia and amd supporting display port 1.4, I'm hoping to start seeing higher refresh rate monitors in the 3440x1440 resolution.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

Yeah, you make sense. I'm itching to get something to show off my new 1080 though...

11 hours ago, jimmy6 said:

Hi all,

I've been putting off the purchase of either a Predator x34 or ASUS PG348Q for the last couple of months because of the "imminent" release of the newer, faster IPS ultrawide panels. Has anyone heard anything about their release date? Last I heard for the Acer x34P was "Q4 2016".

J6

Sorry to say that it's already been officially postponed to 2017.

https://imgur.com/aroVqWd with thanks to badwolfpdx for providing this evidence in a different post.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

I haven't seen any announcements about any new ultrawides from CES that are IPS with G-sync. The new Samsung QLED monitor sounds good but lacks G-sync.

Any news?