Apple unveils the 1-pound iPad Air with a 9.7-inch Retina display: shipping November first for $499

Gunzkewl

They would still make more money. Apple has no morals anyway. Mr Mac.

How is having the price of something higher than a different company having no morals?

How is having the price of something higher than a different company having no morals?

I just meant that apple don't have any morals, nothing to do with incredibly overpriced technology. End of Conversation.

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Now that I've had my nexus 7 for a while, I kind of want to return it and get an iPad again, or a iPad Mini Retina at least.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Now that I've had my nexus 7 for a while, I kind of want to return it and get an iPad again, or a iPad Mini Retina at least.

I feel the same way.

That is a tiny amount of what apple makes, other companies that are smaller donate much more. Back to the topic at hand, the nexus 7 is far better for a far better price. Apple fanboy.

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I'd rather get the nokia lumia 2520.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

That is a tiny amount of what apple makes, other companies that are smaller donate much more. Back to the topic at hand, the nexus 7 is far better for a far better price. Apple fanboy.

Bing far better is a matter of opinion, I prefer iOS and thats why I choose it over Android.

I prefer metal products over plastic and the reason why I didn't get the HTC One is because it was already 6 months old and again, I prefer iOS.

So don't go making assumptions that everyone that owns an Apple product is a fanboy.

Bing far better is a matter of opinion, I prefer iOS and thats why I choose it over Android.

I prefer metal products over plastic and the reason why I didn't get the HTC One is because it was already 6 months old and again, I prefer iOS.

So don't go making assumptions that everyone that owns an Apple product is a fanboy.

WOW. Your name is MAC !!!!!!!!

If you don't like Apple and think its overpriced then don't buy the product. By commenting on Apple related topics all you are doing is promoting the very company you "hate". Ok Nexus is better for you, that's nice but there are other people in the world who aren't you and for which the Nexus doesn't work for. Also by calling him an Apple fanboy and simply stating Nexus 7 is better with no backup makes you no better at all. 

If you don't like Apple and think its overpriced then don't buy the product. By commenting on Apple related topics all you are doing is promoting the very company you "hate". Ok Nexus is better for you, that's nice but there are other people in the world who aren't you and for which the Nexus doesn't work for. Also by calling him an Apple fanboy and simply stating Nexus 7 is better with no backup makes you no better at all. 

I can express my opinions

WOW. Your name is MAC !!!!!!!!

And how does that make me a fanboy? Who said that that is the Mac I am referring to?

Stop being immature.

Don't bother arguing with him, you'll probably end up nowhere and nothing being achieved. Apple haters will always exist all you got to do is ignore them, because if they don't get the attention then they haven't done there job.

And how does that make me a fanboy? Who said that that is the Mac I am referring to?

Stop being immature.

Sorry, but mac on a topic about apple, and you are defending apple makes me think that you are a bit of a fanboy. But anyway i got a bit carried away and i will admit i am acting rather childish. I apologise if i offended you

I think the new iPad is kinda cool, name is terrible but still. 

I personally only use iPhones from Apple, mainly because i don't wan to purchase all the apps again on Android.

Kinda offtopic:

Pretty sure there are full metal body Androids...

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

to be fair, Android is nice, yes. But honestly after being on it when it was 2.1 and now 4.2.2, I can say that the iPad has better apps for productivity.

Yes, there are some great ones for Android and they're free, but you have to search for them or some have Ads, etc. While the iPad's or any iOS app's update system takes much longer than Android since they have to be approved by Apple, I like it better because iOS doesn't need carrier approval for updating.

My Galaxy S4 will NEVER get 4.4. I don't even have 4.3 yet.

I feel like the animosity towards iOS is the price. If you can afford it, why not buy it? Are you really going to bash a Ferrari and get a Civic because it has better gas mileage when you can easily afford the Ferrari and gas for it?

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I feel like the animosity towards iOS is the price. If you can afford it, why not buy it? Are you really going to bash a Ferrari and get a Civic because it has better gas mileage when you can easily afford the Ferrari and gas for it?

Your analogy is completely subjective. Do you honestly believe the difference between iOS and Android is the same as the difference between a Ferrari and a Honda? They both have pros and cons and can't be summed up by saying that one is 10x better than the other (The cheapest ferrari is 10x more expensive than the cheapest civic).

Meh, it's just an evolution of the iPad. Slightly thinner, slightly lighter, slightly faster. Changing the name will probably trick a few people into thinking it is a bigger upgrade than it is. I wonder if they will call the next iPad the "iPad Air 2", if they do then the iPad line will have a really messed up naming scheme.

Making it that light will mean that there isn't much metal or casing inside and it would be pretty fragile imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

disappointed that it's only an A7 and not an A7X. I at least hope it's clocked higher than the iPhone's chip.

iOS7 made my iPad 3 really sluggish so it would be nice to have an upgrade, and if I do get a new one, i'll just get the mini

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I'm ready to be pounded by people here... I actually liked the large bezels of iPads (and I liked iPads; suck it)!

Have the original, love it, don't know why they would remove something that's not necessarily a "waste" of surface area..

to get to 1 pound the sacrificed battery size

just proves they are running out of ideas

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Pretty much exactly as rumoured, the name is bad though and why the hell are they keeping the iPad 2 not the iPad 4 and selling it at such a high price considering the specs? Also the new mini is just stupidly priced. I understand that they don't want to make a budget tablet, just a small premium tablet but for the price you'd really have to be a dumb to choose it or the old version over the Nexus 7. 

Pretty much exactly as rumoured, the name is bad though and why the hell are they keeping the iPad 2 not the iPad 4 and selling it at such a high price considering the specs? Also the new mini is just stupidly priced. I understand that they don't want to make a budget tablet, just a small premium tablet but for the price you'd really have to be a dumb to choose it or the old version over the Nexus 7.

Apple is really in a tough spot on pricing when you compare to the Nexus 7 and it's because google sells it very close to or at cost and Apple can't do that. It really shows the difference in their strategies. Apple makes money on hardware so they have to have a profit margin. Google makes money on hooking you into using their services and showing you targeted ads so they practically give away hardware that pretty much requires you have a google account. Both strategies have been very successful for each company.