Top 5 Awesome Dorm Room Tech

4 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

I enjoyed the video. I don't want to sound stuck up but there are things called financial aid that allows the federal government to pay for your college. Not all but with some scholarships thrown in you would only have to pay $2,000-$8,000 per year. Which is a lot less then $30,000-$60,0000. On a side note you could pair the leopard with a computer connected to the projector with a chromecast while eating ramen using the headphones for a movie.

Instructions unclear. Spent all my federal aid on beer.

11 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

Yeah, if you just want to drain the battery on your phone, Chromecast is CRAPTASTIC, you HAVE to have another device to send stuff to it, when for just a few bucks more you could have a Roku or Fire Stick (which supports some casting, like casting Netflix to it) but without the need to use your phone to do anything if you broke your phone or some other crap.

I find chromecast only sucks battery power if you use the "screen cast" option. Using the standard cast function on supported apps (netflix, youtube, vessel) uses very minimal battery power. Sadly, the Kodi app does not support the standard cast option, so if I am using it - I have my phone plugged in.

Also, you can chromecast from your PC/Laptop - So if you "broke your phone or some other crap" - you can still use it.

I really thought it was a decently cool video. I understand the points some are making, but it's very situational. There's nothing in the video trying to get you to buy all 5 products at once. For example, I see the uses of the Bose headphones, and understand where the logic came from in recommending them, but it's just not applicable to my situation as the dorm walls in my building are actually decently soundproof, so I can get away with not having noise cancelling headphones. 

This video was just a recommendation of some products that people in a certain situation may find useful. 

14 hours ago, DXMember said:

now we can confirm the target audience of LTT YouTube channel and why the content "went" so bad over the years

Please enlighten us oh great one, what do you think the target audience is?

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

I'll add to the chorus of solid "mehs" on the chromecast front, especially since I can speak a person who works in campus IT. WPA2 Enterprise/PEAP is not supported by the chromecast, and considering eduroam is a thing, that rules out a lot of colleges. Do yourself a favor and get a roku with a physical ethernet port.

QC35s are... nice. They aren't the best bang for the buck, they aren't the most comfortable, they manage to crush both highs and lows, but for noise cancelling they are the king.

That keyboard, though. I WANT THAT :o

....aaand its 80 dollars. :| Wouldn't the smaller model be a better college option?

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

does the projector have a tripod screw mount or some mount of any kind or is it just tabletop?

cTurtle98 - Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k

COOLER: Thermaltake - Water 3.0 Extreme S
MOBO: Asrock z270 killer sli/ac

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200

SSD 1: Intel - 600p Series 1TB M.2-2280 (Windows)

SSD 2: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME (POP_OS)

GPU: MSI - GTX 1070

PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Fully-Modular

CASE: Thermaltake - Versa H26

cTurtle98 - Portable PC

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600

COOLER: NH-L9a-AM4

MOBO: ASRock - AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair - Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

SSD 1: Intel - 600p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 (Windows)

SSD 2: 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" (Manjaro)

SSD 3: PNY - CS1311 120 GB 2.5" (POP_OS)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB MINI ITX OC

PSU: HDPLEX 400 AC-DC DC-ATX Combo

CASE: NFC Skyreach 4 mini

• 4 weeks later...

Enjoyed the video and for people with the money these would be great to have. I would not have been one of the people who would have had this stuff. Which video was the clip of luke, throwing what looked like earbuds and then stomping them, from? I scrolled through the LTT youtube channel upload list and couldnt seem to find where it came from? 

20 hours ago, Robbajohn said:

Enjoyed the video and for people with the money these would be great to have. I would not have been one of the people who would have had this stuff. Which video was the clip of luke, throwing what looked like earbuds and then stomping them, from? I scrolled through the LTT youtube channel upload list and couldnt seem to find where it came from? 

Sorry for quoting you on something you posted almost a month ago...

On 20/10/2016 at 9:14 AM, DocShay said:

supported

Keyword...it drains a lot on apps that doesn't support the standard cast :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)