X99 Taichi not seeing 950 Pro

dt7693
2 hours ago, Sintezza said:

Its just you being wrong about Asrock being crappy.

Asrock simply offers options.

Seriously i think you should realy learn your stuff about motherboards, or any other hardware for instance, before writing comments like this.

No offense but come on this is a bit rediculous.

And nonsense aswell.

I get it if you dont like Asrock as a brand.

But still....

So you think that locking M.2 PCIe support to $600+ CPUs is a good "option"?

Why?

Maybe I should also get a motherboard with an "option" to lock my ram to 2GB unless I have a 6950X?

Or an "option" to self destruct?

Your logic is ridiculous.

Any decent motherboard from a brand like gigabyte, msi, asus, evga, etc... will have lane management where the M.2 slot works in PCIe with a 28 lane CPU.

Guess what? The PCIe M.2 only disables when you have 2 or 3 or 4 GPUs or expansion cards using up those 28 lanes and not enough for M.2 PCIe.

So why does asrock not have that? Clearly because of lazyness or cost savings. Not because "options". Nobody would want this as an option.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but after reading this one and having the exact hardware I wanted to share that it indeed does work. 6800k on the x99 Taichi the nvme m.2 goes in the M.2_2 slot. This is the one on the bottom near the debug led. I am running a gtx 1080 at full x16 3.0 and getting (almost) advertised speeds on a 256gb 950 pro with a fresh Windows 10 install. No driver installation was necessary. Bios does not show the m.2_2 slot as being populated but shows it in storage config. 

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I found a temp soultion. My problem is similar. But i have another type (WD S50062X0C-00L350). I lost 3 days. What I managed to solved. Re-install windows image with macrium reflect. That's what I put into my nvme 2th slot. Windows 10 loads but bugs. I got it fixed for Windows and work with ssd. ? Bios still does not see it, but the Windows system is going.