ECC/ non-ECC

So, I'm planning to buy a B150M-A and it says it works with ECC(but in non-ECC mode) and also in non ECC mode.
It's recommended to buy non-ECC right, because I don't see why it's written ecc but it works in non ecc mode.

If you're doing any transaction-sensitive computing, as with databases, you're going to need ECC memory.

Non-ECC is for general purpose consumer use, so if you don't know what it is, you don't need it.

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

In general, regular consumers don't need ECC so don't get ECC. I guess the ECC just works on that mobo, and plenty of other mobos support ECC too.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

1 minute ago, kichilron said:

If you're doing any transaction-sensitive computing, as with databases, you're not going to need ECC memory.

Non-ECC is for general purpose consumer use, so if you don't know what it is, you don't need it.

Ok, thanks

Mainly ECC by my side is for server uses (mostly, about 70%).

Normal gaming or work users shouldn't get ECC

"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

If you don't need ECC memory, don't get it. Because of the error correcting code, the stuff that goes through the memory takes a bit longer to process, meaning it's actually slower which is not what you want for gaming.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/