[Build Log] OSU Box | Ohio State Buckeyes | AMD mITX

iwalkwithedead

*This is just a project that I am doing for my little brother. He's mentally disabled, 26 years old with a mind of a 14 year old. Probably nothing spectacular to anyone here but to my brother ... it's the coolest thing in the world!

8VPPdkR.png

dxeFQ2t.png

post-16064-0-28652700-1429221851_thumb.j

MsWGPD8.png

PCPartPicker

Links to parts purchased/donated as well as future parts that I would like to get for him.

8y2Fifb.png

A few more pics on imgur album

kbRF7oQ.jpg

RWJe2Wp.jpg

57EO4Hg.jpg

tT9RYC6.jpg

JvYwWBx.jpg

ODG056N.jpg

KA5sYnS.jpg

EqAY4pe.jpg

OqYNJaf.jpg

FjzTEju.jpg

4xahhTs.jpg

KkM5lbm.jpg

kC96xYw.jpg

fdXxnyQ.jpg

cariGbj.jpg

0XPcRes.jpg

EC4JLw8.jpg

Xih9oFt.png

*Will upload more when 100% completed. It is only at 80% at the moment. Once I get new CPU Cooler, LED Lights, the decals, headset, desk and monitor, then it will be complete!

KCBhuhW.jpg

mtYzJRk.jpg

XYwqxB4.png

Twitter/YouTube Links:
@Samshaw71 - Community Manager @AMD, RedTeam+ Commander
@torn_tv - www.youtube.com/tORNBROADCASTING - RedTeam+ Member
@iamApropos - www.youtube.com/iamApropos - RedTeam+ Member
@janettwokay - RedTeam+ Member
@jbazzrea - RedTeam+ Member
@superben - RedTeam+ Member
@PhartinDust - RedTeam+ Member
@westickitout - Wife of torn_tv, Chef, Gamer, Awesome! :D
@NocturneKittie - www.nocturnekittie.com/ - AMD Advocate
@kelleytech - www.youtube.com/kelleyf4i2708 - AMD Advocate

Thank You Video to the AMD RedTeam+ and friends for the donated parts

Nice. I hope he likes it!

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Took me a minute to remember OSU meant Ohio state University and not the game..

sorry 

lolz, no worries

Should I add Ohio State Buckeyes to the title?

Nice. I hope he likes it!

He loves it right now and talks about it a lot, I haven't even started anything, he just knows I have most of the parts.

I plan on taking pictures of course real soon, I was just waiting on some last minute items. Like the SSD and the new CPU.

nice, what's the case? I can't see it.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

nice, what's the case? I can't see it.

The link in OP didn't take you the NewEgg link of the case?

Edit: I updated it with a stock picture for now

The link in OP didn't take you the NewEgg link of the case?

Edit: I updated it with a stock picture for now

Oh now I see, it sorry I did not see it.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

oooh looks good! Can't wait to see it :D

You are such a good brother :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

oooh looks good! Can't wait to see it :D

You are such a good brother :)

I hope that you like the end result

Thank You :D

I have recieved the SSD, now waiting on tomorrow to come for the CPU. I will post pictures then and hopefully everything goes well and it boots.

Updated "The Parts" in Post #2 with the pictures.

Things to get now: *Will not be able to get these in November, will have to wait until December/January

-*3 more case fans

-Swiftech PWM fan splitter [i have this already]

-*Paint

-*My brothers name as well somewhere on the case, not sure yet as of where, maybe get small letters and put on the plexiglass around the OSU sticker somewhere

I love people like you who take care of their challenged siblings. Makes me realize there is still some nice people in this world. Looking forward to the finished build. Take care. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I love people like you who take care of their challenged siblings. Makes me realize there is still some nice people in this world. Looking forward to the finished build. Take care. :D

:D Thank You, he's a goober.

He loves watching 'Angry Grandpa' on youtube, it annoys me but he thinks it's hilarious. I scare him a lot, do you want to see a video? lolz I have a few.

I will take a picture of him and the finished build when completed.

Thanks for the kind words guys, it can be a challange sometimes but it's a great feeling to do something like this.

Looking good so far mate! I bet your brother is going to love it :) When can we expect an update?

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

Looking good so far mate! I bet your brother is going to love it :) When can we expect an update?

He loves it, just the idea of it and it being Ohio State makes him go crazy with smiles. lolz

Well, I have to buy a lot of things this coming month, so I would say around the first week of December would be the best updates [When I will be able to get the paint]. Though I do do plan to start cutting and sanding around November 4th or so. I will make sure to keep in steady updates with everyone on the progress and on any new things that come to mind.

I will be checking in and updating the OP every Saturday with OSU scores and rankings.

That computer is quite spectacular to me, its a symbol of goodness! Also i have the same cpu in my current "gaming " pc.

Is this not meant for him to game on?

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

:D Thank You, he's a goober.

He loves watching 'Angry Grandpa' on youtube, it annoys me but he thinks it's hilarious. I scare him a lot, do you want to see a video? lolz I have a few.

I will take a picture of him and the finished build when completed.

Thanks for the kind words guys, it can be a challange sometimes but it's a great feeling to do something like this.

Well, I like that show too, but I'm actually 15. I think that would be great if you could post a pic of him enjoying his new PC.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

He loves it, just the idea of it and it being Ohio State makes him go crazy with smiles. lolz

Well, I have to buy a lot of things this coming month, so I would say around the first week of December would be the best updates [When I will be able to get the paint]. Though I do do plan to start cutting and sanding around November 4th or so. I will make sure to keep in steady updates with everyone on the progress and on any new things that come to mind.

I will be checking in and updating the OP every Saturday with OSU scores and rankings.

Hey, the fourth is my birthday! I get a birthday present form someone I don't even know!!! :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

That computer is quite spectacular to me, its a symbol of goodness! Also i have the same cpu in my current "gaming " pc.

Is this not meant for him to game on?

No, the motherboad doesn't support anything but a 1xpcie slot. He does really know how to play PC games that well. He likes playing on the Xbox 360 though. Football, baseball, basketball, and gta IV/V.

Well, I like that show too, but I'm actually 15. I think that would be great if you could post a pic of him enjoying his new PC.

I can probably do some video of his first experience with it. I think a lot of it was funny just hearing a old man screaming and cussing at 3am sometimes can get quite annoying. I had to lower the volume some on his PC because of it, yet still the show overpowers everything. lolz

Hey, the fourth is my birthday! I get a birthday present form someone I don't even know!!! :D

Awesome! I will make sure that I post something then for certain. :P

Update:
Bought Grey Paint
OSU is just destroying Purdue, kind of feel bad for them. lolz 49-0, Purdue is not doing so well this year though, 1-6

Just need a few more paints, red & black, and I can start sanding, modding and making this bad more look beautiful.

Edit: The final score is 56-0 OSU!

• 2 weeks later...

Updates:

--Traded AIO Cooler, would not fit how I wanted it to.
-Start sanding towards end of Month, painting starts the first week of December. :D Still have to get some more colors, Black and Red
-Started Sleeving! with Lutro0 Customs! <3 Teleios Black and Teleios Dark Grey and the normal but still awesome Stiff-Line Red

*Also updated Post #3 with pictures

Started the 24pin today, I need to purchases some White and some zip ties before I can continue.

I wanted to purchases some lighter gray but will not have enough money, so I have to stick with what I already have, dark gray.