[Build Log] OSU Box | Ohio State Buckeyes | AMD mITX

iwalkwithedead

Update:

--There just is no stopping OSU this year. W 60-35 over Illinois

--I got some more Lutro0 Stiff-Line sleeving coming in so that I can finish the 24pin and work on other things for this build.

--Sanding and modding will start real soon

--I plan on having this build finished by the first week of December

Cool beans dude. It'll be cool to see this thing when it's 100% done.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Cool beans dude. It'll be cool to see this thing when it's 100% done.

I know I want November to be over with, so it can be.

I will update with real pictures after sanding and a little bit of cutting. At that time will also update the rest of the PSU that I finished sleeving. Well, still sleeving the Molex but the rest is done. Waiting on some red and black zip ties and some red velcro straps to keep the cables together nicely. Will also probably be getting some more sleeving for the sata cables and the power cable.

I know I want November to be over with, so it can be.

I will update with real pictures after sanding and a little bit of cutting. At that time will also update the rest of the PSU that I finished sleeving. Well, still sleeving the Molex but the rest is done. Waiting on some red and black zip ties and some red velcro straps to keep the cables together nicely. Will also probably be getting some more sleeving for the sata cables and the power cable.

Sweet. :lol:

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

OSU has moved to number 2! :D

Update: Some issues have occurred for me to not get to sanding the case. Not yet at least, weather and family issues. I got the rest of the paint, might have to get some more colors. I got Cherry Red, it looks nice on the case, my brother got Metallic Aluminum for grey, that is the one I might be replacing, it looks nice but probably look better on more of a normal glossy grey.

*The paints. Might need another Gray

IMG_2714.jpg

*I finished the 24pin, still need to do the sata and molex cables

IMG_2720.jpg

*zip ties for now

IMG_2722.jpg

*Will be waiting for this to come in stock at LutroO Customs

1480638_439051209529445_1024864347_n.jpg

*A little paint test. Picture was taken with Metallic, will not be using that. I just wanted to see what they would all look like.

IMG_2723.jpg

*In OSU news. They barely beat Michigan but the game is always a huge battle. The lost against MSU sadly, but will be going to the Orange Bowl. They had a great season and I cannot wait until 2014!

They barely beat Michigan but the game is always a huge battle. The lost against MSU sadly, but will be going to the Orange Bowl. They had a great season and I cannot wait until 2014!

I'm (kinda) sorry we won. But you guys have (admittedly) been doing great.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

I'm (kinda) sorry we won. But you guys have (admittedly) been doing great.

Yeah, we destroyed for the longest time. Playing Michigan always is so intense that it affects, I'm sure both teams, win or lose. When it's that close it takes a lot more energy from you. Playing MSU was a nail bitter for sure! I mean when they tied it up was really exciting, very sad that they didn't win but still it's always fun to for me. Great season!

*The Spoiler in your sig is messed up

*The Spoiler in your sig is messed up

I guess with this last tweak the site got really messed up.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Trying to come up with ideas on a new cover photo.

Maybe you can help me decide?

-Red matrix like with OSU logo

or

-Typhography

Also I now have created a facebook page for this.

*1080p Wallpaper.  You like? I am going to size it down for the cover photo.

Untitled-v2.png

*Update: I ordered the cable combs from Lutro0 Customs, I will update with pictures when received. I haven't gotten a chance to sand yet, my Uncle works long hours and I don't have my own sander or place to paint it so I have to wait for that. I might be ordering some red G.Skill [used on eBay for much cheaper] ram to match the build more. I believe that is all I have to report for now ... I think anyways. :D

Download wallpaper

A little small update.

Finally got the cable combs for cable management from Lutro0 Customs.

Left is for this build, right is for my build.

IMG_2773.jpg

*I will show more and better pictures once I flipping get a sander!

A little small update.

Finally got the cable combs for cable management from Lutro0 Customs.

Left is for this build, right is for my build.

IMG_2773.jpg

*I will show more and better pictures once I flipping get a sander!

I'll take that money off your hands for you.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

I'll take that money off your hands for you.

lolz, :D That money is what I owe someone else. It's only a 100$

lolz, :D That money is what I owe someone else. It's only a 100$

But I need it. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

No! No soup for you!

lolz

You should add a SSD to your dream rig.

Meh. I was going to put an SSD in my netbook instead. And I'd rather have more raw storage than raw performance.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Alright peeps sorry for the long overdue update. I mainly have just been waiting for the snow to go away and the weather to get better but I can no longer wait.
I ordered some G.Skill ram today that I feel will match this build better.
_57.jpg
I would have had this to show you yesterday but they sent me some server ram instead and it's black but they made up for it completely.

-Thursday I reserved the day to go to my Uncle's house to sand and paint the case and whatever else I need to do.
-I will finish sleeving the PSU sata cables tomorrow while waiting on UPS [building another socket775 pc for guests and for watching movies when I am not home. Building it into the new Bitfenix Colossus mITX case, nothing special at all so I will not be making a build log for it, also I just really wanted it for the motherboard tray to put in my Bitfenix Phenom build. lolz]
-I will be retaking the parts pictures and cleaning up the first 3 posts to look nicer. Of course I will keep you updated on these.
-Once I receive the sleeving that I won from Lutro0 I plan on doing the power cord as well, Red.
-
Facebook Page

-Sanding, cutting and painting today!

-I didn't finish sleeving the psu butI will soon.

-I have a camera will be taking a few pictures.

I'm going to go to sleep now. :wacko:

So I started cutting and painting, things were looking good, then out of nowhere everything started to look like crap! For real so horrible that I couldn't even bring myself to finishing it. It is now on hold until I get more money for paint. I will then have to sand it again and do it all over. Well not me! but my Uncle is going to do it, might not even be for another few months when it gets warm. I will update when I know more, for now, let's just say it's unfinished.

I did get the G.Skill ram today pictured on post #45

• 2 months later...

This project is still alive, it's Spring so it's getting warmer. I might buy another case, either same one or different mITX case for this project. I might do something else with the paint but still similar. I just wanted to let you all know. :D

Thanks for staying :wub:

Some Pictures of the Process Painting/Mods/Installed

Sleeving!

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________________________________

Final Pictures

*Nothing at this time

That second show me is the biggest troll lol. Looking good.  I quite like it

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

• 4 weeks later...

That second show me is the biggest troll lol. Looking good.  I quite like it

lolz yes, yes it is.

Here is all the new information that I have for you peeps:

• I have chosen a new case, silver, decided from my awful lack of skills that I will not be painting anything big like this ever again
  • Will be having the OSU strips custom made, to just go around the case from a local signs business
  • I bought a blue headset but it was because it was the cheapest, after I gave him my Turtle Beach px21's he decided to break them. So I bought what I could at the time, when he breaks these I will find him a red headset. After that one is broke from his rage, then he can suffer, I will not buy anymore after that
  • Buying a new mouse/keyboard, will be going with Rosewill, something cheap
  • I will be having a window cut somewhere on the case for the OSU Decal, just don't know where yet
  • Probably have to find somewhere to mount another fan, either do some cutting or rig something up
  • Sound keeps going out, no matter what I do, so will have to either use a PCIe riser or buy a usb sound device

We will be moving soon but hopefully I can get around to these things before, if not right after so I can get this finished. I think he is losing hope but I might do all of this and keep it secret, maybe tell him his PC blew up or something and find him a cheap 10$ pc at a yard sale while I work on his. biggrin.gif He wouldn't have a clue! lol

Alright, if you have any questions that you want to know that I might have missed just let me know. I will let you know what my mind comes up with on the mods when I do. I will be updating everything and taking pictures when the time is needed so as always, please stay.

Thank You

Oh! Here is the full pcpartpicker list

[yes, Windows 8.1 Pro runs on this PC, no issues so far, installed it 2 days ago]