My Corsair 800D Build (2nd build)

blakers28

Hey there all,

This took me a few days to do. Had a lot of interruptions, work, school, and normal husband chores preventing my progress. It isnt as nice as alot of you on here but i wanted to be part of the community.

So here it is, and please any and all advice is welcomed as im sure im going to need it.

3Tb7HKW.jpg

OIFbC3x.jpg

Ed9qpP7.jpg

(Upgraded from this)

M83Ovcf.jpg

(To this, this thing is heavy!)

e7yJVlR.jpg

(Has a white light bar, didnt even notice it until i booted up the computer.)

xyXOfky.jpg

AQCFbsj.jpg

kFZrKBl.jpg

(Sorry, i need to clean the window)

XpmWyzu.jpg

jdNVavh.jpg

xbNK1qB.jpg

(This is on the way)

Thats it guys. Again, nothing special but my personal best so far. I have some red sleeves i am going to add later when i have time.

Let me know what you think, thank you.

I like the red theme, I need to make a theme in mine, it's all over the place. I do have a couple thoughts.

First, are the RAM sticks in the proper slots? I just built a system and had to read that part of the manual a dozen times, and still aren't sure why but it seems like Asus wants you to use slot A2 and B2. Seems like you should put them in channel 1 first... but who knows.

Purely cosmetic and kind of stupid, but can you rotate the radiator so the tubes are towards the front? I think it would look better to not have the tubes stretched across the CPU. I swear I've been watching too many Linus videos, I've become way too obsessed with the looks of the PC.

I like the red theme, I need to make a theme in mine, it's all over the place. I do have a couple thoughts.

First, are the RAM sticks in the proper slots? I just built a system and had to read that part of the manual a dozen times, and still aren't sure why but it seems like Asus wants you to use slot A2 and B2. Seems like you should put them in channel 1 first... but who knows.

Purely cosmetic and kind of stupid, but can you rotate the radiator so the tubes are towards the front? I think it would look better to not have the tubes stretched across the CPU. I swear I've been watching too many Linus videos, I've become way too obsessed with the looks of the PC.

Actually yea im gonna do that with the radiator, i just thought with this setup i could fit a 3rd fan up there...nope! So yea im gonna flip it.

Now about the Ram, it does say im in dual channel but if Asus recommends that then im going to do that.

One complain on this build that we can actually see your light source (LED's) but not that light. So I'd rather put one from bottom to left corner :) cool rig tho!

One complain on this build that we can actually see your light source (LED's) but not that light. So I'd rather put one from bottom to left corner :) cool rig tho!
Ah, i see what you mean, ill see if i can fit it somewhere there or at least some place it would be hidden.

Well unfortunately the LED light is too long so unless i purchase a smaller one, i wont be able to hide it anywhere, ill see whats at the store, otherwise ill have to order online

The build itself looks okay, but I really don't like the cables, you can see all the red/yellow cables on them.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Looks great to me, personally I think the LED light is fine where it is because the side panel just barely covers it. I wouldn't worry about the placement of the LED strip, I prefer not to see it, but where it is located is more than ideal in my opinion.

Thats a very nice build you have there for me personally I would have gone blue instead of Red

Lol yes yes, i didnt do the cable sleeves BUT i do have red cable extensions for them, i just need to add them. .I just need one for the 24 pin connector. In reference to the LEDs, yes the door panel covers them so all you see is the sine but yea i just need to buy smaller LEDs in order for the actually hide them in places which i do plan to do. Once i make some changes here ill post up pix and compare.

HyXwzDB.jpg

HM1liRQ.jpg

Finally showed up! Last one of the site. Pretty Cool.

Personally I like your rig and it;s color, me myself had blue for so long i'd change to red also, my case is the same a 800d,my rig has older specs, i recently change GPUs from EVGA 560s to galaxy gtx 680 white edition and the red bounce off the white PCBs like crazy, keep up the good work, I'll send pics of my rig soon.

Personally I like your rig and it;s color, me myself had blue for so long i'd change to red also, my case is the same a 800d,my rig has older specs, i recently change GPUs from EVGA 560s to galaxy gtx 680 white edition and the red bounce off the white PCBs like crazy, keep up the good work, I'll send pics of my rig soon.
Hey,

thanks alot for the reply, and hell yea lets see the rig!