Can I bury this cable?

I got this direct burial Ethernet cable, wondering if I can bury the cable in the ground. However, in my area it drops to -25C in the winter.

Any special precautions or procedures for burying? 

BTW, does anyone know how to fasten this cable to a stucco wall as well?

thnaks

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/190560552141?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

wszwpnR.png

Desktop: i5 4670k, Z97-K, 16GB, MSI GTX 770, Evga 850G2, TT T31

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

Peripheral: K60, HyperX Cloud

Mobile: Nexus 6P 

Mate... "for DIRECT BURIAL" i believe its clear enough xD

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

If you are worried about degradation of the outside coating, it should be fine considering it's rated for your intended purpose, feed it through some cheap pvc tubing. will also keep out water.

With regard to temperature extremes: I would find their website(I couldn't find anything there)/contact the people who made it and see if they have any sort of rating on temperature range/longevity testing. Or even if you get you the science-y name of that material of the coating, a not-so-quick google search will give you some leading info. 

Hope that helped somewhat.

7 minutes ago, h.patel said:

If you are worried about degradation of the outside coating, it should be fine considering it's rated for your intended purpose, feed it through some cheap pvc tubing. will also keep out water.

With regard to temperature extremes: I would find their website(I couldn't find anything there)/contact the people who made it and see if they have any sort of rating on temperature range/longevity testing. Or even if you get you the science-y name of that material of the coating, a not-so-quick google search will give you some leading info. 

Hope that helped somewhat.

Actually I think temperature isnt a huge factor, since the cable internals are copper and I dont intend on moving or bending the cable in the cold.

I will ask the seller as well. I will probably end up burying in the ground without pvc, less work.

thanks

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

20 minutes ago, Member said:

-SNIP-

Yes it would work for direct burial but as usual it's always best to have the cable inside of a conduit. As for attaching to stucco depending on the kind of stucco you have on the building, if it's the foam board type you will want to drill back into the sheeting of the home and use long screws to fasten it down in place, but for regular concrete walls with a stucco coating using simple concrete screws will work. 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes it would work for direct burial but as usual it's always best to have the cable inside of a conduit. As for attaching to stucco depending on the kind of stucco you have on the building, if it's the foam board type you will want to drill back into the sheeting of the home and use long screws to fasten it down in place, but for regular concrete walls with a stucco coating using simple concrete screws will work. 

I think stucco is regular concrete wall, so I might predrill with a concrete drill bit with my Dewalt Compact hammering drill then use the screws attached on metal cable fasteners. 

BTW, this is for a home security DIY project. For one part I need the ethernet to travel from my conduit to the eaves (soffit) on the wall. I  want some type of conduit to prevent people from tampering. What pvc should I use for that?

Do you think it is easier to just run the ethernet along the wall without conduit instead of burying the cable in the ground?

Edited by Member

2 minutes ago, Member said:

I think stucco is regular concrete wall, so I might predrill with a concrete drill bit with my Dewalt Compact hammering drill then use the screws attached on metal cable fasteners. 

BTW, this is for a home security DIY project. For one part I need the ethernet to travel from my conduit to the eaves (soffit) on the wall. I  want some type of conduit to prevent people from tampering. What pvc should I use for that?

Do you think it is easier to just run the ethernet along the wall without conduit instead of burying the cable in the ground?

Regular PVC will do if people really wanted to mess about with it even metal conduit can only do so much. If your already getting conduit I would just suggest to use regular cable to put it inside the conduit since it would be better protection from just direct burial cable.