Samsung to Note 7 owners: Here's an extra $100 for your phone

captain_to_fire

Article from CNET: https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-recall-galaxy-note-7-again-consumer-product-safety-100-dollars-credit/

The Korean electronics titan said it will give $100 in credit at "carrier or retail outlets" to customers who turn in their Note 7 for another Samsung phone, starting Thursday afternoon

The offer comes after Samsung and the US Consumer Product Safety Commission once again issued a recall for the Galaxy Note 7 -- including for replacement units. Two days earlier, Samsung confirmed that it had killed off the Note 7 and warned consumers to power down and turn in their phones.

"The Galaxy Note 7 recall has proven to be a real challenge for Samsung. I am very concerned that consumers who exchanged their phones for replacement Galaxy Note 7s are now at risk again," CPSC Chairman Elliot Kaye said in a statement.

The extra financial incentive serves three purposes: It's a token gesture meant to soften the blow of the second recall for its most loyal customers. It's an incentive to convince stubborn superfans who have opted to take the risk and keep them. It's also a way to keep people using a Samsung device.

I don't think it's worth the risk for a paltry $100. Would $100 be enough to win customer trust? I don't think so. If I own a Note 7, I'd return it and have it exchanged for something like like a LG V20 or iPhone 7. But how about you guys in the LTT forum who previously owned a Note 7, is $100 enough?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Isn't $100 on top of returning the phone? So you'd get $100 bucks for using it for a little bit and returning it. Plus your money back on the phone.

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

is $100 enough?

I think so, $100 off a new S7 or something sounds pretty good to me, if ur dumb enough to assume everything made by samsung explodes, then good luck with your 850 evo ssd.

1 minute ago, Katsunaka said:

Isn't $100 on top of returning the phone? So you'd get $100 bucks for using it for a little bit and returning it. Plus your money back on the phone.

yeah so you would get a full refund on a note 7 and then $100 store credit on a samsung phone.

6 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

If I own a Note 7, I'd return it and have it exchanged for something like like a LG V20 or iPhone 7. But how about you guys in the LTT forum who previously owned a Note 7, is $100 enough?

Their other phones like the S7 and S7 Edge are doing fine. So I don't see why people won't go for that option instead, especially when there's an incentive. 

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

I think so, $100 off a new S7 or something sounds pretty good to me, if ur dumb enough to assume everything made by samsung explodes, then good luck with your 850 evo ssd.

Whats the issue here, Why are they recalling them?

honestly if i had a note 7, i'd still use it for as long as i feel like it's safe, i'm pretty sure it won't explode under normal conditions. i would rather have something that is at risk to explode than no phone.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I mean I trust samsung but this whole note 7 thing is absolutely horrid but I still do have my trusts with samsung.

Cmon now we don't have samsung ssd blowing up on us do we?

besides whats more horrid than the note 7 is the iphone 7

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Just now, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

I mean I trust samsung but this whole note 7 thing is absolutely horrid but I still do have my trusts with samsung.

Cmon now we don't have samsung ssd blowing up on us do we?

besides whats more horrid than the note 7 is the iphone 7

No headphone jack s but fking "pods"...yeah fuck you

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

If my 850 SSD explodes, it would probably exploded with my 950 Pro.  Then bye bye PC!

1 minute ago, Flowey said:

Whats the issue here, Why are they recalling them?

Hi have you been in a cave recently?

Samsung washing machine explodes.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 explodes.

all within a month

Just now, TrigrH said:

um? not sure trolling..

No I'm for realdude, been outta the tech realm for like 6 months now, just came back in

Just now, Flowey said:

No headphone jack s but fking "pods"...yeah fuck you

Yea I don't see the point in 10k geekbench score when you can't plug in regular headphones. I mean I do have bluetooth headphones and earbuds and stuff but what if I want a high sound quality headphone like the mah AKG k712 or m40x or hd558. Yeah apple pls ur iphone 7 is trash 

2 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

If my 850 SSD explodes, it would probably exploded with my 950 Pro.  Then bye bye PC!

Bye bye house too lel

1 minute ago, Flowey said:

No I'm for realdude, been outta the tech realm for like 6 months now, just came back in

holy shit their stuff really explodes? Wtf, and yes I've kinda been in a cave for the last like 4 months now, just came back. I thought the whole explody thingy was a troll

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Call me paranoid but I'll play safe until Samsung figured everything right, I'm getting an Intel SSD instead.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

Yea I don't see the point in 10k geekbench score when you can't plug in regular headphones. I mean I do have bluetooth headphones and earbuds and stuff but what if I want a high sound quality headphone like the mah AKG k712 or m40x or hd558. Yeah apple pls ur iphone 7 is trash 

Bye bye house too lel

They just expect their fanbase to be milked out of every penny to switch to their "magic headphone that are Wireless and somehow have better sound then most headset specifically designed for sound quality"

1 minute ago, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

Bye bye house too lel

That's fine, I'd pretend I had like 10 Titan XP's and like 5 6950X's sitting around. 

3 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Call me paranoid but I'll play safe until Samsung figured everything right, I'm getting an Intel SSD instead.

yeah, i mean even washers are starting to explode too.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

9 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Wouldn't that just be the worst nightmare right now? xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, terrytek said:

yeah, i mean even washers are starting to explode too.

I mean theirs only 1 case of that so we can't say all Samsung washers explode until  a Samsung washer blows up a cargo plane that has their washers.

Don't see it as getting 100 bucks, you are getting a 100 buck discount on ~another~ Samsung phone.

I think it's a pretty good deal, definitely better than most companies would do.
It's not PSN store credits or a free limited subscription to PSN/Xbox Live, it's not a bundle of EA/Ubisoft games nobody wants anyway and god knows what (if any) bonus Apple would give in a situation like this.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Wouldn't that just be the worst nightmare right now? xD 

honestly thank god my pc doesn't have an ssd. i'm super paranoid something might fail and the disc might come spinning out and slice my hand off or something. that's a real nightmare right there.

14 minutes ago, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

Bye bye house too lel

The factors on your signature are -0/10 and -30/10, used the quadratic equation to get those.