Cable Combs for Ensourced Paracord Cable Extensions

CRA5HMAN
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
3 minutes ago, CRA5HMAN said:

@W-L

The dude from Ensourced said they are 16 gauge wire.  I am guessing the 18AWG is 18 gauge wire?  Would I be able to use the CableMod cable combs?

Yes 18AWG would be 18gauge, and that would also explain why the MNPC billet combs will not work as they are a larger diameter. Since it's 16AWG it will be tough to find compatible cable combs unless it is something ensource makes specifically for their cables since it's larger.

Hope this is the right sub forum.

I just received my custom paracord cable extensions from Ensourced and they are great.  However, I am trying to find cable combs that work with them.  CableMod says they aren't sure if they will work because  they haven't tested with Ensourced paracord extesions.  MNPCTECH's great looking billet offerings say they aren't compatible in the product description.  Does anyone form this forum have an idea where I might find some cable combs that are compatible or can vouch for CableMod cable combs working with Ensourced paracord extensions?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B

5 minutes ago, CRA5HMAN said:

-SNIP-

I would get in touch with ensourced to see what wire size they are using, if it's standard 18AWG UL1007 and using paracord sleeve the cable mod combs should work as they are slightly smaller diameter than say the MNPC tech ones which are best suited for PET sleeve which has more thickness to it.

-Moved to Modding Section- 

See If this guy can help you out!

https://tk-pc-mods.myshopify.com/

He's in Calgary

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

27 minutes ago, CRA5HMAN said:

Forgot to quote you so you see the link above.

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, W-L said:

I would get in touch with ensourced to see what wire size they are using, if it's standard 18AWG UL1007 and using paracord sleeve the cable mod combs should work as they are slightly smaller diameter than say the MNPC tech ones which are best suited for PET sleeve which has more thickness to it.

-Moved to Modding Section- 

Thank you very much!  I will contact them and find out what size he uses.

1 hour ago, Earnhardt said:

See If this guy can help you out!

https://tk-pc-mods.myshopify.com/

He's in Calgary

I will also check out these when I get the size nailed down.  Thanks for the link!

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B

@W-L

The dude from Ensourced said they are 16 gauge wire.  I am guessing the 18AWG is 18 gauge wire?  Would I be able to use the CableMod cable combs?

3 minutes ago, CRA5HMAN said:

@W-L

Yes 18AWG would be 18gauge, and that would also explain why the MNPC billet combs will not work as they are a larger diameter. Since it's 16AWG it will be tough to find compatible cable combs unless it is something ensource makes specifically for their cables since it's larger.

7 hours ago, Mnpctech said:

By request, Mnpctech will be offering these billet PC cable combs for both ensourced and cablemods sleeved cables... estimating 3 - 4 weeks from today

Awesome!  I am all over that when they come out.  I will put an order in now if i can   @Mnpctech