zMeul

AMD Gaming Evolved  

186 members have voted

1. 1. have you used it?

• Yes
    • No

source: http://wccftech.com/amd-gaming-evolved-app-raptr-no-longer-supported/

via: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10752/amd-discontinues-gaming-evolved-app

if you didn't notice, for about a month now, AMD stopped bundling the Gaming Evolved app with their Catalyst drivers package

WCCFTech reached to AMD for a comment:

Starting September 12th 2016, AMD is no longer bundling the “AMD Gaming Evolved App” by Raptr with builds of Radeon Software. The application will still work. AMD will cease to undertake any compatibility testing, install support or general technical support for this application, nor will it be available through Radeon Software or its installer. Previous builds of Radeon Software that include the “AMD Gaming Evolved App” dated before September 12th 2016 will remain intact and will not be affected.

the exact reason for this is not known, but if you liked it you can still get the app from Raptr's site: http://raptr.com/amd

one other thing that comes to mind is that AMD has/had an ongoing issue with Raptr' overlay, for a very long time it was marked as unsolved in AMD's driver's release notes

A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application "Raptr" has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.

---

I had bad experience with this app

1. requires log-in
  2. it was a pain to remove (back then)
Edited by zMeul

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

1. requires log-in

NVIDIA Geforce Experience now requires to log in too

I don't use it - if nVidia would discontinue it tomorrow, I would not give a shit xD

But they have Shadowplay

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

source: http://wccftech.com/amd-gaming-evolved-app-raptr-no-longer-supported/

via: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10752/amd-discontinues-gaming-evolved-app

if you didn't notice, for about a month now, AMD stopped bundling the Gaming Evolved app with their Catalyst drivers package

WCCFTech reached to AMD for a comment:

the exact reason for this is not known, but if you liked it you can still get the app from Raptr's site: http://raptr.com/amd

---

1. requires log-in

Oh thank god... this thing was a nightmare. It was causing my old R9 390 to turbo even when idling, among other things.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Ayyymd decided that the novideo $hills are bettr.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, zMeul said:

OBS Studio

FRAPS

Bandicam

Action

Xsplit

That app was pointless, even with its recording even more so now windows has the game bar thingy

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Just now, zMeul said:

none of those are free :dry: and FRAPS hasn't been updated for a long time

bandicam is free with watermark

action is free for 30 days

xsplit is free

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

That app was pointless, even with its recording even more so now windows has the game bar thingy

last I heard, it was a piece of shit with limited bitrate recording

2 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

glad I am team green

I find it to be just as useless as Nvidia's implementation. You could argue that the recording was useful, but you can just use OBS and use the same codec.

last I heard, it was a piece of shit with limited bitrate recording

I only uses it fir a short time before deciding that I already have miss afterburner installed so I as well use that. Though I E he windows one just now easy to use on my Xbox controller.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

5 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

xsplit is free

XSplit is free*

Use the Free license if you are just getting started with streaming and would like to give XSplit a try.

Buy the Personal License to get access to full HD broadcasting at 60+ fps, superior audio codec support, enhanced XSplit Broadcaster & Gamecaster features and video production tools

Just now, zMeul said:

XSplit is free*

well technically it is free

geforce experience is pretty nifty if you want to get a good idea on what settings you should run in-game. but most of the time, it's a hit-and-miss 

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

well technically it is free

but practically it requires 2.50$/month xD at least

I liked it becasue it optimized the games (that i couldnt normally play )  according to my amd gpu.

My friend had some trouble with borderlands 2 , the game diidnt ran if you just clicked on it, He used the evolve app and boom , it started to work.

ITs a shame really that they are discontinuing the app. I did used it at times untill it for some reason auto loged me out of the account. The account was made by the evovle app and the password was randomly generated. 

(⌐■_■) 

This is one of those apps why there should always be an option to choose what you want to install, so you can remove it.

Imo it is useless as apps get. You can always get better performance with visual preferences that you like more, same as with GE, which is also useless. And which was a miss for every game I decided to try it with.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

used it...

Got free game from it...

Stopped using it...

Terrible app

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Not a huge loss tbh. Just annoys me that they never offered anything useful for the points. I have like 26k points. Meh.

That being said, remember that RTG said they would offer a huge driver update once a year? First we got the Omega driver, then the Crimson driver; well the year is almost up and the next colour of drivers should be out soon. The ruby? Idk, but hopefully it finally does away with the legacy parts, so colour, input, pixel colour, etc. is finally implemented into the RadeOn settings. Maybe they got something more up the sleeve?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro