LG Signature 65G6P TV Review

nicklmg

I can't even spend that much for a rig not a tv alone

If you sign over all your personal data Linus, LG will take that stupid soundbar things away and give you a display that's half an inch thicker and everything's in the thing.

Think LG's terms are stupid, well, why get LG then?

Yes, I am just being a prick, but LG deserve it with their T&Cs, especially CHANGING T&Cs

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

There's no card to link to "LG's Ultra HD OLED Curved 65" Beast" video when displayed at the intro, making it a bit half-arsed to type the title myself. Intentional?

And why do I even watch this? I haven't turn on my TV since 2 years...

48 minutes ago, alphacore said:

There's no card to link to "LG's Ultra HD OLED Curved 65" Beast" video when displayed at the intro, making it a bit half-arsed to type the title myself. Intentional?

And why do I even watch this? I haven't turn on my TV since 2 years...

Ahh, must've missed that. Thanks! I'll add it now.

Hmm, I take it that it would be impossible to wall mount this.

Edit: It is possible to wall mount this, but you have to fold that speaker assembly up towards the inside of the TV. This makes the speaker bar face downward and the inputs face the middle of the TV (Pretty much impossible to see / get to).

I'm looking forward to seeing HDR slowly trickle down to mainstream TVs and have more content.

It does look great, both the TV itself and the image...but I can't justify the price tag. I wonder how it compares to the 4K super size NEC displays since they also cost around the same (Actually less than this TV at 65") but they feature 10bit color.

love it :x i want one (now i just need 8000.$ ^-^)

(and a PS4 pro) :ph34r:

Now imagine having this (or the larger version) as your monitor on your coding machine :) 

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

bump

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Haven't watched TV in forever :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 hour ago, GodAtum said:

errr so how do you hang it on a wall???

There's a vesa mount on the bottom of that speaker thing...the speaker thing can be folded into the tv to be flat. Look at the pictures of it hanging on a wall at Amazon...it's weird, but it can be done.

Assuming the VESA mount on this isn't anything special, you could pick up a third party heavy duty adjustable wall-mount that puts the TV on an arm or a thick hinge that keeps it 8+ inches away from the wall - that would enable wall mounting without adjusting the soundbar. You'd definitely need to wall mount this to studs though - which is good practice with even smaller TV's.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)