Silverstone Tundra TD02 review

Poohy14

564uYhr.png

Well Lets get into the specs side of this first

Block Dimension - 60mm (L) x 55mm (W) x 33.5mm (H)
Radiator Dim- 278mm (L) x 124 (W) x 45 (H) - Double Thick Radiator
Fans- 120mm
Fan RPM- 1500~2500RPM
Fan Noise- 16~33.5 dBA
Tube Material- FEP

Pump:
Speed- 2500+/-200RPM
Voltage- 12V
Current- 0.28A

Warranty- 5 years (parts/labor)

Price- $120 USD

ufxeFcP.pngt2LO6ra.pngKwYrwks.pngNUwdK2z.png

Well where to begin. I purchased this August 5th, 2013 so I could replace the Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 because I wanted to try out the All-In-One water coolers to see how well they performance and to see if its a good overall cooler.

Pros:

The cooling on this is so great that i'm really glad that I made this purchase
Temp is 29~30 degrees Celsius at room temp which is about 65~68 degrees Fahrenheit and the CPU I have is a Intel Core i5 3570k at 3.6GHz @ 1.112V
Thick rad so it can provide that better cooling and also a nice, quiet pump.

Update- Just got around to updating that I OC'd my CPU to 4.2GHz @ 1.118V. It stays about 35~38 degrees Celsius at room temp which is about 65~68 degrees Fahrenheit but this is still with stock fans and will update when I get some money together to buy better fans like Noctuas in a pull on the radiator.

Cons:

This is where I ran into a few issues. First, was the backplate. It was kinda broken because there are little plastic pieces you have to use and you can take them off but the clip on one of them was broken. The bracket was made out of metal but and it was just terrible. The Intel and AMD brackets was the same thing just different holes, but you have a side for which socket to use. The Intel and AMD side names were hidden and I never noticed it. The little tiny plastic pieces you put on the motherboard to hold the screws on was kinda messed up and seemed like they could have did something more efficient but slacked in that. Second, this was just a something that bothered me, the sticker that come on the pump was mounted to the side and is not centered but there are blue lights behind it which I thought was weird and random. Now time for the fans. They COMPLETELY suck, because when they are at low level they are quiet to me, but when you turn them up about half way they make grinding and obnoticus noisy that I just want to throw my computer. When you turn them up all the way that noise from the grinding goes away but they are just loud at that point. Also the screw that you need to mount the fans on the rad need to be just a little longer since they are just too short.

My Conclusion to this product: 
All in all, if you can get over the fans and the backplate design this will be a great product to use with all that cooling since it is a double thick rad and provides a lot of overclocking headroom with this. The warranty is great, so it should last. So I will give it 3 Linus stars out of 5 for trying but if they solve these issues I found then I would of easily would have gave it a 5 out of 5 and be on a must buy list, but now I cant wait for the next design for this.

All in all, let me know if I should add more to this for the review because this is my first one I ever did so take it easy on me

DhFVUq3.jpg
eMXJP5s.jpg
WDn0LvC.jpg

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

That block and rad...  :wub:

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

That block and rad...  :wub:

yeah i know thats why i like it so much because it matches my gpu and case which is a fractal arc midi

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

That's a nice looking cooling set-up, but this kinda bothers me...

"I have is a Intel Core i5 3570k OC'd to 3.6GHz @ 1.112"

I have an older i5 at 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v and am using a $40 small Noctua cooler with x2 92mm fans and it's quiet..why so much on cooling if you're not going to utilize it?

that is a terribly positioned logo tsk. tsk.. tsk...

also your overclock is quite weak, is this because you don't want the grinding fan noise?

I have an older i5 at 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v and am using a $40 small Noctua cooler with x2 92mm fans and it's quiet..why so much on cooling if you're not going to utilize it?

i did OC it to 4.3 but those fans were too noisy so im waiting till i buy black noctua fans

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

This^. I had my 3570k at 4.3 using a hyper 212 evo (its at around 4.5 on water now) why such a wimpy overclock? All in ones bug me conceptually, but the looks of this one really bothers me, the tubing looks horrible and I don't like the CPU block/ pump, and those fans. For the money you are going to spend buying a 240 AIO cooler and upgrading the fans to something decent, you can either have better performance for way cheaper on an air cooler (NH-D14, Silver Arrow, etc) or save for a bit and get custom loop for expandability, crazy performance and a near silent build.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

i did OC it to 4.3 but those fans were too noisy so im waiting till i buy black noctua fans

Black Noctua fans are their industrial ones only, not the consumer versions. Just buy NF-F12s and dye them with Rit Dye.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

I actually really like the stainless steel look of the cooler. The 45mm rad is an added bonus! I've been trying the find a retailer that'll sell it here in Canada, but they're either forever back-ordered or simply not sold. And the thoughts of importing it to Canada from AmazonUS...

I actually really like the stainless steel look of the cooler. The 45mm rad is an added bonus! I've been trying the find a retailer that'll sell it here in Canada, but they're either forever back-ordered or simply not sold. And the thoughts of importing it to Canada from AmazonUS...

If you live near the border, ship it to an amazon drop-box and drive across to pick it up.

If you live near the border, ship it to an amazon drop-box and drive across to pick it up.

I don't unfortunately :( Amazon would charge me ~$160 USD for shipping+customs @.@

I don't unfortunately :(

Ouch... ahhh find someone that does and visit them???

Ouch... ahhh find someone that does and visit them???

No relatives...GG.

• 8 months later...

Nice! i  have a 3570k and g43 and arc midi r2 as well! :)  So does this fit ok in this case? I am upgrading from a corsair h80i, i find it is not cooling my cpu efficiently enough... would this be a wise choice to get? ( as i love the looks of it as well)  

;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Nice! i  have a 3570k and g43 and arc midi r2 as well! :)  So does this fit ok in this case? I am upgrading from a corsair h80i, i find it is not cooling my cpu efficiently enough... would this be a wise choice to get? ( as i love the looks of it as well)  

yes it should work fine if your 120mm fans are off centered which the case should have. just so you know its a really tight fit it is real close to the heatsink on the mobo. Also, the 8 pin is kinda hard to put in too, but if you this, get different fans because mine make a loud grinding noise and its just annoying. It does keep it really cool and you can OC really well on it, and it doesn't have that cheap build quality feeling like a h80i. I was new to the AIO and OCing since I'm still new to that so my OCing wasn't very good. I do recommend this product just so you know.

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

AIO stock fans are always crap. Enermax advertized their fans like you can take the fan blades off to clean the bearing. I tried that the whole frame just broke. At 500 rpm noisy as fuck, Corsair h100i fans same, Cooler master meh they have plenty of awards for being noisy, Thermaltake looks to be noisy etc. Seems like Swiftech only managed to come up with proper fans.

About the backplate, just tried it out (I have the enermax liqtech 120x at S2011 just a rebrand of tundra's), there's nothing wrong with it at all - it's so much better than what Corsair offers. Their backplate is probably the worst I have ever seen  

About the backplate, just tried it out (I have the enermax liqtech 120x at S2011 just a rebrand of tundra's), there's nothing wrong with it at all - it's so much better than what Corsair offers. Their backplate is probably the worst I have ever seen  

my little tiny plates i guess you can call them that hold the screws in was broken and didn't stay in place so I just glues them together, simple fix but I was really mad when the came broken. The screw are kinda crappy too and strip out easily so it better not taking them out a whole lot.

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

I want this instead of my H100 it's so sexy

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/