Bypassing Windows 7 Login Screen

Tieox
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

Yes. 

Unplug the computer when it says starting windows. 

You will be a option to do startup repair. Do that

It will fail and give you a log file, open that, go under the save menu and go under windows system32. Then rename osk.exe to osk.exe.old and rename cmd.exe to osk.exe. Now whenever you open a onscreen keyboard you get a admin command prompt to restet the password. 

This usb does the same thing https://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

I though there should be a drop down with a log file somewhere. I forget where.

If not, just put the drive in a different system or boot from a usb drive, the network or a cd drive.

Tried my Win 7 Home disk, it refuses since the laptops on Pro.  Which is utter horseshit since I bet CMD prompt and repair is not a different version.

Guess it's time to trial these tools.  Not my preference.  Since the only option otherwise is to put the drive into my own personal gaming rig. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Just now, Kierax said:

Tried my Win 7 Home disk, it refuses since the laptops on Pro.

It should work. You can use a prodisk to repair any version of windows vista or newer.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

It should work. You can use a prodisk to repair any version of windows vista or newer.

I have a Home disk, I said I had a Home disk I feel nobody is noticing I have a HOME DISK.  And I tried a repair from the HOME disk and it refused since it detects the installed version as PRO.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Just now, Kierax said:

I have a Home disk, I said I had a Home disk I feel nobody is noticing I have a HOME DISK.  And I tried a repair from the HOME disk and it refused since it detects the installed version as PRO.

Don't do a repair, open the command prompt. 

24 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Don't do a repair, open the command prompt. 

How?

I've the option to repair or install, clicking install takes me to the disk partition where I can select a drive to wipe?

*Facedesk*

Shift +F10 how the FK did I forget this.  

13 minutes ago, Kierax said:

How?

I've the option to repair or install, clicking install takes me to the disk partition where I can select a drive to wipe?

*Facedesk*

Shift +F10 how the FK did I forget this.  

I think its under advanced recovery options. It before the install or upgrade option.

I'm in CMD Prompt and it's strange.

I type in Net User (yes on C: ) and it comes up with Administrators Guests one or more errors.

Was able to implement the Administrator account which was disabled! by the command:

But still when at login it won't show the default Administrator account.  Typing Net User on the directory drive shows up the error message above.

Going to try safe mode.

net user administrator /active:yes

I'm in.

Ended up using Hirens BootCD which I had lying around from when Windows 8 came out.  Not idea why CMD prompt would not work but whatever.

This better earn me a cold beer.