Which Ethernet extender should I get?

Lewiscpullan
17 minutes ago, Ichi said:

I've thought of getting powerline adapter for quite awhile now and I know how they work but I never learn how to setup one and this is new to me so I learned something new today.

I also in the same boat as you last time, it is impossible to pull ethernet cable at all. At the end I pulled the trigger and bought the TP-Link 500Mbps Powerline kit (which is probably the fastest at that time). I actually use it for around 2 years before replacing the setup with Wireless AC 5GHz, since the Powerline speed is only 30Mbps-50Mbps, so far below the speed that the manufacturer tells. Both of my powerline is on different breaker and both breaker probably protected by RCCB, so that might affect the low speed. Also the ping is not really that much difference from Wireless, around 8-10ms average on powerline. The distance between my computer and router only around 4 meters, divided by a wall. Therefore, Powerline is highly dependent to the electrical installation and the equipment that connect to it, and always connect it to the plug on the wall, not on the power strip.

You can try the newer generation Powerline that runs on 1200Mbps speed, although I highly recommend you buy from a shop that accept returns (such as Amazon) if you are not happy with the speed. You can still always try a better Wireless AC router and install PCI-e Wireless AC card on your computer, since I got much better speed using Wireless AC, rather than using my Powerline.