Needing last dimensions for Desk PC

LumberJaxx

Hey I was wondering if anybody knows on here the average height of a graphics card while seated in the motherboard?

just measure the height of two of the back slots on the back of a pc that you have to remove before putting a card in.

I would estimate the average being very close to two of those slots maybe something like 2.3 slots

1 minute ago, kris2340k said:

just measure the height of two of the back slots on the back of a pc that you have to remove before putting a card in.

I would estimate the average being very close to two of those slots maybe something like 2.3 slots

Oh haha. That was my fault. I meant like if you lay the motherboard flat on a surface how tall does the motherboard stand into the air.

If you google your graphics card of interest you should be able to find the "exact" height of your card, I know newegg most of the time post the size of the graphics cards, example for a gigabyte 1060 on newegg it states the size as 8.78" x 4.76".  Most cases designed for ATX motherboards will work with almost any card. What you can always use is a riser cards or PCIe extension cable to fit into special or unique form factors. 

hopes this helps!

1 minute ago, Acolyte_of_PC said:

If you google your graphics card of interest you should be able to find the "exact" height of your card, I know newegg most of the time post the size of the graphics cards, example for a gigabyte 1060 on newegg it states the size as 8.78" x 4.76".  Most cases designed for ATX motherboards will work with almost any card. What you can always use is a riser cards or PCIe extension cable to fit into special or unique form factors. 

hopes this helps!

Agreed its just gpu width + motherboard standoff height plus maybe 2mm

You should really just measure your own GPU for this?

5 minutes ago, LumberJaxx said:

Oh haha. That was my fault. I meant like if you lay the motherboard flat on a surface how tall does the motherboard stand into the air.

Wait motherboards have legs now? My dreams are coming true!!! Sexy women computers!!

This should give you idea of how high is the mobo

600x1200px-LL-a9da8fe6_CPUmotherboardstandoffspacingspecs.jpeg

And here is one with RAM height

Image result for motherboard height

Thanks you guys for all the charts and advice. I'm going to wait until the new graphics cards come out to see if they are worth it, but I'll research for a general idea.