Photo Editing Monitor?

Randomsteve

In the market for a new Monitor to do my Photo editing and Video color grading on but I am having a hard time figuring out exactly what specs I want from a new monitor. I am planning on upgrading my computer as posted here to an I7-6700k and an R9 290x my computer is very multipurpose, I game, I content create, and I multitask pretty often. Currently I am running 2 of these. Currently my workflow is the Left monitor is my primary, used for gaming, Lightroom, Premiere, or whatever other active program I may be using and the Right monitor is for music, video, or adobe tool bars depending on what I am doing. While the monitors that I currently have are pretty bare bones I do rather like them for their size and the price I got them for years ago but its definitely time for an upgrade. My main issue with them currently is that as I get more and more in depth with Photo and Video editing the color accuracy of these is just not good enough. In fact between the 2 there is actually a sizable difference in the warmth that each monitor shows and its just not working for me anymore.

All that being said I know that I want to get a new IPS display to edit my pictures on. I also know that I've got room on my desk for a third monitor of around 27" (29max) and figure why replace a perfectly good 1080 monitor when I could just stick a newer shinier one in the middle of the 2 and make use of all 3. So I'm thinking a Triple monitor setup with the IPS flat in the middle and the 2 old monitors as side wings. Setup this way the IPS in the center will obviously become the new main monitor and secondary tasks will get spread across the other 2, this means that not only will I be editing photos on the IPS but I'll probably end up playing games, watching movies, and writing emails on it as well so I'd like to get something that is a fairly well rounded monitor rather then a Photos only type deal.

Things I am looking for in a monitor:

As color correct of an IPS display as possible

My current monitors are 23s and a little more screen real estate wouldn't go unappreciated. Anywhere from 25 up to a max of a 29 would be great. 

1440p, already not super in Love with 1080 on 23s so I definitely want to go higher res 

a not horrible response time, 6ms or lower maybe?

Display port

I assume totally unreasonable of a want but a 75hz or higher refresh rate would be nice

$350 or lower is really what I am trying to stick to.

Last time I bought monitors was in 2010 and displays sure have changed a good bit sense then so I am assuming I am probably missing out on better deals or better monitors but so far the only one I have found that gets close to fitting my wants/needs is this one anyone know of any other monitors out there that can beat this one? New or Refurbished (as long as its reputable) is fine with me.  Alternatively  if you have suggestions for a different type monitor all together that you think would fit me needs better please let me know.

3 minutes ago, Randomsteve said:

In the market for a new Monitor to do my Photo editing and Video color grading on but I am having a hard time figuring out exactly what specs I want from a new monitor. I am planning on upgrading my computer as posted here to an I7-6700k and an R9 290x my computer is very multipurpose, I game, I content create, and I multitask pretty often. Currently I am running 2 of these. Currently my workflow is the Left monitor is my primary, used for gaming, Lightroom, Premiere, or whatever other active program I may be using and the Right monitor is for music, video, or adobe tool bars depending on what I am doing. While the monitors that I currently have are pretty bare bones I do rather like them for their size and the price I got them for years ago but its definitely time for an upgrade. My main issue with them currently is that as I get more and more in depth with Photo and Video editing the color accuracy of these is just not good enough. In fact between the 2 there is actually a sizable difference in the warmth that each monitor shows and its just not working for me anymore.

All that being said I know that I want to get a new IPS display to edit my pictures on. I also know that I've got room on my desk for a third monitor of around 27" (29max) and figure why replace a perfectly good 1080 monitor when I could just stick a newer shinier one in the middle of the 2 and make use of all 3. So I'm thinking a Triple monitor setup with the IPS flat in the middle and the 2 old monitors as side wings. Setup this way the IPS in the center will obviously become the new main monitor and secondary tasks will get spread across the other 2, this means that not only will I be editing photos on the IPS but I'll probably end up playing games, watching movies, and writing emails on it as well so I'd like to get something that is a fairly well rounded monitor rather then a Photos only type deal.

Things I am looking for in a monitor:

As color correct of an IPS display as possible

My current monitors are 23s and a little more screen real estate wouldn't go unappreciated. Anywhere from 25 up to a max of a 29 would be great. 

1440p, already not super in Love with 1080 on 23s so I definitely want to go higher res 

a not horrible response time, 6ms or lower maybe?

Display port

I assume totally unreasonable of a want but a 75hz or higher refresh rate would be nice

$350 or lower is really what I am trying to stick to.

Last time I bought monitors was in 2010 and displays sure have changed a good bit sense then so I am assuming I am probably missing out on better deals or better monitors but so far the only one I have found that gets close to fitting my wants/needs is this one anyone know of any other monitors out there that can beat this one? New or Refurbished (as long as its reputable) is fine with me.  Alternatively  if you have suggestions for a different type monitor all together that you think would fit me needs better please let me know.

Check out ASUS' PA279Q or PB278Q. These have great 1440p IPS panels.