why am i building this?

Rex5150

havnt started building anything..yet

most graphic games ive played were WoW and FF14 online which my 1gig card barelly handled FF14.

i dont do a lot of pc gaming, im worried it will kill the machine quicker

so i play ps4, it could die but i still have my pc to get online

im on disability(spare $200for the slow build) so going out and buying a 700$ gtx (fill in latest number) could almost be a years worth of saving. you may reply back and say buy used off ebay. where im paranoid of getting ripped with a box of rocks and photo of the card that was being posted

but i really want to build a rig again. first and only was either a p3 or p4 in late 90's

currently using a dell xps 8500 with geforce gt 640 that was given to me to replace my even 4yr older 2 core hp provilion, 8500 is playing ftp korean griddy games that are knock off of WoW

i watch all of LTT, jaystwocents videos and it make me really want to build one, but then what would i use it for. im 46 dont like racer, FPS, sports. just decent rpgs with a good story, fight controls. and zero pvp

in the end is this something to do like a person building a car and me having something i did and enjoy and be proud about

this post is not about ask for anything but your input

i thank you for you time

Yeh I have the same problem. 

But I like just taking em apart and putting em back together better, so I'm good.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Well I play RuneScape which I think since the release of NXT Client, is very close in terms of graphical requirements to WOW. So unless you really want +60 FPS in any area of WOW or the other game on completely maxed detail. A GTX 950 would probably be enough to get 60 FPS on med to high settings. Although if you don't mind waiting I'd say get a GTX 1050 (possibly a Ti if rumors are correct). It should be better than a 4GB 960 & will easily get you very smooth performance in the games you play. At a likely only $150.00 price tag & probably no additional power connectors required it'd be perfect for your Dell. I think that upgrade alone would make your games playable enough until you were able to slowly each month put a little away towards the other parts. By then Zen or Kaby Lake will be released so that'll give more options, hopefully budget friendly on the AMD side of things.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

18 minutes ago, Rex5150 said:

most graphic games ive played were WoW and FF14 online which my 1gig card barelly handled FF14.

im on disability(spare $200for the slow build) so going out and buying a 700$ gtx (fill in latest number) could almost be a years worth of saving. you may reply back and say buy used off ebay. where im paranoid of getting ripped with a box of rocks and photo of the card that was being posted

but i really want to build a rig again. first and only was either a p3 or p4 in late 90's

currently using a dell xps 8500 with geforce gt 640 that was given to me to replace my even 4yr older 2 core hp provilion, 8500 is playing ftp korean griddy games that are knock off of WoW

i watch all of LTT, jaystwocents videos and it make me really want to build one, but then what would i use it for. im 46 dont like racer, FPS, sports. just decent rpgs with a good story, fight controls. and zero pvp

in the end is this something to do like a person building a car and me having something i did and enjoy and be proud about

i thank you for you time

Playing games isnt gonna kill your pc.haha  Depending on your budget and where your from a rx 460/470. Or wait for the nvidia 1050/ti. Those would be all good choices for your intended purpose.

1 hour ago, Rex5150 said:

i thank you for you time

Yeah agreed.

Just go with a decent system, like mine. I'd get an i5 though. Just get an i5 and a RX 470 or something lol. I just love building computers and stuff.

Building a pc is awesome. In my experience it's even more fun to build a budget rig, since that's kind of a challenge to get the best possible performance for as little money as possible.