Should I pair an i3 6100/300 with 1070

NeoSk11zle

I know it sound wierd but should Is it worth to drop my i5 6500 and 1060 with i3 6100/300 with GTX 1070

Don't unless you want a bottleneck.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

Don't unless you want a bottleneck.

Ok... is the bottle neck like bad really bad or just a few frames

7 minutes ago, NeoSk11zle said:

Yes, you'll be limited in performance but the hard hitter is the stuttering as a result of the bottleneck.

An i3 6100 paired with a GTX 1070 is the definition of 'unbalanced'.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

depends what resolution youre playing at

Photography / Finance / Gaming

7 minutes ago, NeoSk11zle said:

It'll be pretty bad.

The combo that I would recommend is an i5 6500 + R9 Fury. Furies are better than 1060s and 480s, and they're $310 in newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

42 minutes ago, NeoSk11zle said:

I know it sound wierd but should Is it worth to drop my i5 6500 and 1060 with i3 6100/300 with GTX 1070

While you can potentially get far better graphical performance with the 1070 on many titles, you probably won't on a lot of AAA titles, especially when newer APIs that are taking even better advantage of multiple cores, like DX 12 and Vulkan, come into play.

If you just want to play at 1080p, the 1060 is an excellent card for this, and the i5-6500 is a good CPU to go along with it. Really, the only truly sound reason to go with a 1070 at 1080p would be if you are playing at a high refresh rate, as you just won't find that many games that actually challenge the 1060 at 1080p.

Also, don't get the i3-6300 if it costs $30-$40 more. The 100 MHz extra clock speed can make a noticeable difference in some cases, but nothing that justifies paying $140-$150, when paying another $40 can get you an i5-6400.

1 hour ago, NeoSk11zle said:

Unless you plan to upgrade your CPU to a Kaby i7 a few months later, you'd be better off with the 6500 + 1060.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

So I want to pair up an i3 6100 with 1060 strix. But is it good, the clockspeed is great at 3.7ghz but DUAL core, I'm not sure if that is good for gaming. Yes I know that it has hyper-threading. 

Thnx

Good enough

It's alright. Not the best but def. better than AMD CPUs even with less cores.

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Good enough

Define 'good enough'. The games I'll be playing is Overwatch and other games including AAA titles like GTA 5 

1 minute ago, SliceT said:

It's alright. Not the best but def. better than AMD CPUs even with less cores.

ok(kk)

3 minutes ago, NeoSk11zle said:

Define 'good enough'. The games I'll be playing is Overwatch and other games including AAA titles like GTA 5 

Good enough - adequately good for the circumstances. (from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/good+enough)

Check some videos, should get you more info on what you dealing with 

18 minutes ago, NeoSk11zle said:

So I want to pair up an i3 6100 with 1060 strix. But is it good, the clockspeed is great at 3.7ghz but DUAL core, I'm not sure if that is good for gaming. Yes I know that it has hyper-threading. 

Thnx

lol, thats the same rig that i planned.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Is this cpu good for gaming in general. I asked last time and they said it is okay but I would like more formation. Will be good enough, paired with 1060 strix, to get 60fps plus in Overwatch, Gta5, the divison, Assassins creed, tomb raider etc. Preferably 64fps+  for FPS games to get all the information for the server. I might Overclock my 6100 to like 4ghz+ if I am luck.

Thnx

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

GTA, Tomb Raider, maybe not at Maxed Settings, might have to turn down some more exotic antialiasing. Not that bad though. And you can't overclock an i3.

You can with BCLK method

Turn down some settings like MSAA and you are good

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

Not the safest way to go about things, m8. Not very stable.

Ok?...