Desktop running Windows 7 Ulitmate can not install any programs/applications.

AlanAlan

Can anyone help me with this problem? I got a new antivirus I wanted to install on this computer but it doesn't work. I tried installing several other programs and it is the same result. Any fixes?

17 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

Can anyone help me with this problem? I got a new antivirus I wanted to install on this computer but it doesn't work. I tried installing several other programs and it is the same result. Any fixes?

Are you the admin?

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

What AV did you had before? Is this new install and have you been able to install software in past? Clean install would fix it for sure.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Are you the admin?

Probably related. 

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

What's the memory on the computer? Go to the control panel and 'uninstall programs' try to uninstall a useless program. It may just be a formatting error. Also try a disk defrag... It could just run super slow?

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

9 hours ago, mok said:

more details
what happens exactly ?
any popups? messages? errors? 

So i am able to download the .exe and when i try to run the installation it shows up and suddenly it disappears.

9 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Are you the admin?

4 hours ago, Crowes said:

Probably related. 

Yes, I am the admin.

On September 25, 2016 at 8:55 PM, mok said:

more details
what happens exactly ?
any popups? messages? errors? 

On September 25, 2016 at 9:10 PM, SLAYR said:

Are you the admin?

On September 26, 2016 at 1:39 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

What AV did you had before? Is this new install and have you been able to install software in past? Clean install would fix it for sure.

On September 26, 2016 at 1:51 AM, Crowes said:

Probably related. 

On September 26, 2016 at 5:15 AM, LukeS said:

What's the memory on the computer? Go to the control panel and 'uninstall programs' try to uninstall a useless program. It may just be a formatting error. Also try a disk defrag... It could just run super slow?

Do any of you guys know any fixes without a clean install?

8 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

I wasn't actually thinking of doing a clean reinstall, however that is probably the best option.

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

30 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

Can't give any better advice without knowing more details.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, LukeS said:

I wasn't actually thinking of doing a clean reinstall, however that is probably the best option.

11 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Can't give any better advice without knowing more details.

So I am able to download the software and able to extract but suddenly it disappears and not happens.

5 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

So I am able to download the software and able to extract but suddenly it disappears and not happens.

Hmmm.... Sounds like a disk error... Can you run the file from a flashdrive? How about transferring files from a flashdrive to the computer, does it save data?

On September 28, 2016 at 6:36 PM, LukeS said:

Hmmm.... Sounds like a disk error... Can you run the file from a flashdrive? How about transferring files from a flashdrive to the computer, does it save data?

All of that works but I am not able to install the program.

16 hours ago, AlanAlan said:

All of that works but I am not able to install the program.

Odd, did you end up finding the problem?

1 hour ago, LukeS said:

Odd, did you end up finding the problem?

No but i tried to run the schedule disk checking it works after a reboot so i rebooted my computer hoping it would work but after i rebooted my pc all i got was a frozen black screen. Any fixes? I only have around 16GB on my hard drive left do you think my hard drive is to full?

2 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

No but i tried to run the schedule disk checking it works after a reboot so i rebooted my computer hoping it would work but after i rebooted my pc all i got was a frozen black screen. Any fixes? I only have around 16GB on my hard drive left do you think my hard drive is to full?

It may be, depending on the age. Harddrive deteriorate after a long period of time. It sounds like the hard drive might be corrupted, except you said you can successfully transfer/copy files.

1 minute ago, LukeS said:

It may be, depending on the age. Harddrive deteriorate after a long period of time. It sounds like the hard drive might be corrupted, except you said you can successfully transfer/copy files.

Do you think go back to a restore point will fix the problem?

3 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

Do you think go back to a restore point will fix the problem?

If it's corrupt, no. I'd say try to boot a separate OS/system on a different harddrive to just see if the system at all is messed up. I'm edging towards a corrupt hard drive right now, due to the lack of the ability to install new programs. How new is the HDD?

14 hours ago, LukeS said:

If it's corrupt, no. I'd say try to boot a separate OS/system on a different harddrive to just see if the system at all is messed up. I'm edging towards a corrupt hard drive right now, due to the lack of the ability to install new programs. How new is the HDD?

The hdd is around 3-4 years old.

7 hours ago, AlanAlan said:

The hdd is around 3-4 years old.

I'm thinking it's corrupt. Backup what you can and try using a different harddrive.

2 hours ago, LukeS said:

I'm thinking it's corrupt. Backup what you can and try using a different harddrive.

How can I back it up?

9 hours ago, AlanAlan said:

How can I back it up?

Transfer all the important files to a USB Flashdrive?

13 hours ago, LukeS said:

Transfer all the important files to a USB Flashdrive?

The weird part is that i tried to download a document on google docs and open it , it worked. It was a pdf file and i was able to open it and print my document.

3 hours ago, AlanAlan said:

The weird part is that i tried to download a document on google docs and open it , it worked. It was a pdf file and i was able to open it and print my document.

hmm wait what? You downloaded a document from google docs on your computer? Is it a chromebook?