Envy! With New Caselabs Mercury S8! Updated 13/09/2014!

the pokemon kid

should head down to a second hand furniture shop mate you can often find some really nice old large desks down there which just need a sanding and revarnish or restaining whichever you prefer. is a great cheap option. my desk is just large enough for me to have my 650d sitting on the far right hand side of it

Ill look around for one. Its a pretty big case

Ill look around for one. Its a pretty big case

Yeah there's a desk out there that's just right for it, you just gotta make it your mission to find it :)

lol ya. I just spent about the same for watercooling a 750D. I was going to do a 650D but I changed my mind and went with the 750D. I bought the blue version of you coolant, is it really bad?

The coolant is still a pretty nice green. I will grab a picture of it later. I also thought about getting the 750D. I just wasnt too happy about the front bay look as the case is slightly wider than normal. Also, you dont want to be hiding your loop under a desk! You want to show it off, so put it on a desk and show off what you have got!

I am adding biocide into the loop just in case there is anything growing...

• 2 weeks later...

The SSD is hidden away behind the front drive bay cage and the 3tb hard drive is at the top of the front drive bay cage being held by an adapter. Will show you a picture of the rats nest of cables in the back and where the SSD is.

Thank you!

One more question: why didn't you go with a 200mm radiator in the front?

Beast machine, great job man! Nice quality pics too.  B)

My Bilingual Tech Blog: www.bilingualtechnews.wordpress.com  / In spanish and english!

Thank you!

One more question: why didn't you go with a 200mm radiator in the front?

I had quite a few problems with mounting other 200mm fans in the front. I only found that it would support the stock fans it came with. So I thought it would be easy to mod in the space for two 120mm fans. Really wasn't that hard, just scary!

Beast machine, great job man! Nice quality pics too.  B)

Thank you!

Here is a picture of my cable management. I am sort of happy with this. I know that it looks bad, but you have to remember that I am running two graphics cards, two hard drives, eight LED strips and seven fans.

You can also see where I hid the SSD.

11718450015_42348f3932.jpg

Also, Because I am decorating at the moment I will be doing a proper photoshoot with the computer! Cant wait for the final bits to turn up now! Bought that EVGA SLI bridge and the sticker for the PSU.

EDIT: This is my stupidity. I completely forgot to change the Jet plate on the EK Supremacy. I have just drained the loop and swapped it to the Haswell plate. Hopefully this will bring the temps down even further! It didn't take too long but not I just have to wait for the bubbles to all go...

I am uber happy right now! The PC was running at 35°C idle at 4.4ghz with the old jet plate, It is now running at 22°C idle with the proper jet plate installed! I didn't think it would make that much of a difference but I was wrong!

The EVGA Sli bridge and it is awesome! Has a little LED which will be getting a colour change shortly.

Pics are coming very soon! Cant wait now!

Here is the new EVGA SLI bridge installed into the build! I only have one thing left to add to the build and that is the PSU sticker! The sticker paper is arriving tomorrow so I will get that printed and added ASAP!

11858931483_fbf0eb244e.jpg
New SLI bridge by Mat Teague, on Flickr

10521996535_b8f0b169f6.jpg

10522032555_c2bfe92dac.jpg

Great build, the color scheme is outstanding and the green on the fan rings is just perfect

Personally I'd have put in white LED's, but it still is really a good job

Great build, the color scheme is outstanding and the green on the fan rings is just perfect

Personally I'd have put in white LED's, but it still is really a good job

Well in about 20 mins time you will see the final build! and you may also see why I chose green LED's!

Well in about 20 mins time you will see the final build! and you may also see why I chose green LED's!

I just prefer white LED's because they enhance the other colors but still going to keep close attention to this build log to see the final look

Here is my final build!

11878912006_8585d9e5e1_z.jpg
650D - ENVY by Mat Teague, on Flickr

11878497354_0267d336cd_z.jpg

11878336413_f4180ede82_z.jpg

11878884966_92160706d9_z.jpg

11878307343_4fb272891b_z.jpg

11878000125_d1fe04839f_z.jpg

11878423174_a7ee171a1f_z.jpg

11878404424_63abd25835_z.jpg

11877941785_aca58b118a_z.jpg

11878764866_d59f1ba9ae_z.jpg

I envy this! see what i did there, i'm punny as fuck

CPU-Intel Core i7-6700k  Motherboard-Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151  

GPU-MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB  Ram-16GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4-2133  Case-Corsair 250D Black  

Displays-Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX (1920x1200) & Samsung 4k TV 

PSU-Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold   Cooling-Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid Cooler   

Keyboard-Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Brown   Mouse-Razer Naga 2012     Sound-Sennheiser HD 650

Now we overclock! I am currently at 4.5ghz at 1.2v! It is running at a cool 23 °C.

Lets see how High we can take this!

EDIT: We are now at 4.6ghz, still on 1.2v! Running prime95 right now and the temps are maxing out at 55
°C! Going to see how close to 4.7ghz we can get on 1.2v!

Edited by the pokemon kid

Hey guys,

Thought I would upload my overclocking experience so far! I have got it running 12 hours stable on 4.6ghz at 1.2v! I followed JJ and linus's guide on how to overclock and got some good results! The system is now benchmarking again but it is now at 1.18v. I am using Prime95 to benchmark this.

EDIT: 1.19 volts is stable for me. Jut been running the intel burn test a few times and starting the Prime95 test shortly...

Just click the image if you need to see it larger!

11962401273_12c014500b_z.jpg
Overclocking by Mat Teague, on Flickr

(Dont pay any attention to HWMonitors Vcore it seams to be showing whatever numbers it likes. The actual CPU voltage in HWMonitor is VID.)

Cable sleeving had me like....dayum......

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)