Is My "Pirating" Justifiable?

Snickerzz

Sounds like a grey area to me.

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |

I don't think it is.  There's cost to developing an app for one platform, and then developing it again. 

if you have to ask its probably not a good idea. simple as that. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

go ahead, sometimes I pirate a game to test it out. Then I'll buy it if I like it.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

just don't get cought!

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

The only time I "pirate" anything is when software screws me out of a purchase. For instance I had a huge iTunes library that I had a few albums that I had bought through iTunes and then when my old old computer had died I couldn't recover my account and nor would Apple help me recover it. So I decided to make a new account and "recover" lost music on my new computer. In situations like this is the only time I consider it acceptable.   

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

They're like a dollar I would just buy them again.

So I have an ipod and I've bought multiple games from the App store but I'll be getting a GS3 soon and was thinking since I've already bought the games on my iPod it would be okay for me to just sideload the apps on the GS3 without buying them again. Do you think thats okay? I haven't done it yet, was just wondering what your thoughts were on it. 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

As a developer and have made mobile apps in the past... I am okay with people doing that. I never liked the aspect of people buying the same thing for the sake of buying it again.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

you would need to buy them again.

as someone said you buy it on one platform and pay for that platform ONLY.

buying a song or album doesnt mean you own it, the content remains the artists instead what you are paying for is the right to play it on your personal device.

if you was to take a song and upload it to youtube you are breaking the law, but to put the file on your mp3 player thats fine.

the law over copyright is confusing and even i dont fully understand it, 

personally get the app again, i think when you say gs3 you mean galaxy s 3 so with that in mind, buy it again cause apps on android are cheaper than apple (this is because of 2 reasons, 1. apple's £50 a year fee [play store fee is £15 one off] and 2. apple's 60p min sell or free [play store doesnt have such limit)

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Morals come down to you as an individual.

For example, I have none whatsoever. Nothing is beneath me.

Well spoken!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2450M @ 2.5Ghz RAM: 8GB GPU: HD Radeon 7470M (Potato) Mobo: No idea, probably a pumpkin.

My computer is a laptop.

BF3 on minimum settings = 25fps @ 720p