nvidia FLEX

felixbearpig

Nvidia Unveils Next-Generation Physics - FLEX Unified GPU PhysX 

I dont know much about it at this very moment but here it is in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF1_Lo3Z3G4

what are your guys thoughts on it?  and if you know more please go ahead and share

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

not interested.

Praise Duarte!

meh

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Nvidia Unveils Next-Generation Physics - FLEX Unified GPU PhysX 

I dont know much about it at this very moment but here it is in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF1_Lo3Z3G4

what are your guys thoughts on it?  and if you know more please go ahead and share

it looks awesome, of course, as all physx related stuff.

and then you sit there, asking yourself why didnt you buy nvidia card?

and then you realise Physx is only on nvidia GPUs and Nvidia GPU is not even in one of the next-gen consoles...

which means no games will be made AROUND the physx because that would effectively only allow nvidia GPU users to play it... either nvidia allows physx to run on amd or there is no way in the world that any game REALLY uses physx.

same thing with mantle, mantle will be like physx - few games each year that will be made to support it but amd will have to pay heavy money to developers so they support mantle.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Calling it now, new enhanced boob physics. 

$10 on it

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

The water effect at 0:50 is pretty cool. 

CORSAIR AIR 540 | CORSAIR AX1200i | GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD7 REV 3.0

AMD 8350 Vishera 5.0GHz @ 1.525V | CORSAIR H100i Push/Pull | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 32GB  DDR3 1600Mhz

KINGSTON HYPER 3K 120GB (2) RAID 0 | SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1.5TB (4) RAID 5 | EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW ACX (SLI) | CORSAIR AX1200i

Can't watch it, but it better have support for older cards or imma be pissed.

Probably for only those who have $600+ to spend on a new card.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Problem with the PhysX was that is was seldom used except generally for a few minor features in games so it's never been a selling point for me.

Unless nVidia puts some real pressure into getting this into games I can see it going the same way and just being a very small reason for getting an nVidia card.

Just watched the video, damn, those cloth physics with water just looks amazing, might have to go nvidia :( OR DEDICATED PHYSX CARD MUA HA HA AH!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Water boobs? :D

my 780 better be supported -_- also didnt linus say on the wan show awhile ago that on next gen consoles amd gpus can do physics calculations?

Looks cool.....now show us a new card.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I really like your way of thinking. We need more innovation like this in the industry.

my 780 better be supported -_- also didnt linus say on the wan show awhile ago that on next gen consoles amd gpus can do physics calculations?

Well Nvidia have said that the new consoles will support PhysX but I think that will be software only, not hardware accelerated, so performance will most likely be terrible as soon as you get lots of objects on screen. It seems Havok has updated their physics engine to support hardware acceleration on the PS4 (and maybe the Xbone) though (their engine is used in games like Battlefield 3 on the Xbox 360 and PS3, as well as a ton of other games) so yes you are right. The Playstation 4 (and probably the Xbone) can do physics calculations on the GPU.

By the way, the new version of Havok uses OpenCL and can therefore work on both Nvidia and AMD GPUs but I am not sure if it's on par with PhysX in terms of features and/or performance.

Edit: Found a video from the Playstation 4 demo which demonstrates the hardware accelerated Havok physics engine.

Well at least waves will look like real waves know. Plus if the performance improvement is good enough that would be nice. The only problem I see is the adoption rate of PhysX as it hasn't been licensed out to AMD GPU's.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

man look at all the nvidia haters
back to topic, would love to see that in bf4 or gta v pc or watch dogs

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

GG Nvidia

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Physx and Mantle are two different things, when realizing this, no comparison can be made.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

awesome

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

lookblike nvidia is down to rebranding physx...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Well they kept telling us....

PHYSX is Everywhere!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz