Anyone Know A PS3 Emulator

DisconnectedYT

There's one that is semi-working here.

It's a GitHub project and it can run some games but pretty much forget running most AAA games. I daresay your Pentium also has very little chance of being able to run it.

6 hours ago, DisconnectedYT said:

I really badly want a PS3 emulator and cant find one that works anywhere, if anyone knows one can you plz link it to me :3

They barely work and would never work on your PC as they require insane amounts of power

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

PS3 emulation now is going to be like PS2 emulation back in the days.

Doesn't really work right and requires a super computer to run it.

It's been said before, but I'm going to say it in greater detail. The PS3 would require an intensely powerful PC to emulate it. The reason is because the PS3's hardware (particularly CPU and graphics) are proprietary to Sony and not even remotely related to the x86 architecture I'm sure your PC uses. Take two differing CPU microarchitectures and compare them (in this case, the Cell CPU in the PS3 and x86 in basically every consumer PC). If you wanted to emulate one microarchitecture on another, the more different it is, the more power will be required from the other. It is also more difficult to emulate for the developer, the more different one architecture is from another.

Look at the PS2 as an example: By today's standards, the PS2 is much less powerful and less capable than the typical smartphone, let alone the Xbox One or PS4, or even Xbox 360 and PS3. The PS2 has a 294MHz (and later, a 299MHz) single core CPU but my HP laptop has a 2.3GHz quad core CPU that is far newer and far more powerful and capable; however, this laptop can barely emulate the PS2. I also have a machine with a quad core, 4GHz AMD FX CPU and it does a lot better in emulating the PS2, but it's still not ideal. I've discovered that modern Intel CPUs (from around 2011 or later) can emulate the PS2 well, even the newer Pentiums. The reason is because they have a high instruction per clock count, or IPC, where AMD CPUs often have lower IPCs. High clock speed (PCSX2 recommends a processor of at least 2.6GHz, but a 3.8GHz Pentium 4 will not emulate the PS2 well) is still relevant for emulating the PS2, but it isn't everything. PCSX2 spent years in development before PS2 gameplay was actually feasible.

Now, think about how much more powerful the PS3 is than the PS2. The PS3 will require magnitudes more power than the PS2 requires in order to be properly emulated. There may be an emulator in existence in some state somewhere, but it will not be functional and if it is, it will not be usable. 

It would be easier to emulate an Xbox 360 because its PowerPC architecture is more similar to x86 than Sony's Cell CPU used in the PS3. In fact, a lot of the Xbox 360's early development kits were Apple Power Mac G5 computers. So in theory, if Apple were still building their computers with PowerPC processors, they'd probably be able to emulate the Xbox 360 pretty well. 

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.