fx 9590

Hadi360

so i bought FX 9590 black edition used from ebay for 140 euro i want to sell it but i want to ask some questions

i'm not planning to overclock it and use it with the stock cpu cooler but i heard that it needs a good mother board is that right in my case?

and dose it easily run games like overwatch , witcher 3  , gta v5 ...etc at 60 fps 1080 p if it's not overclocked?

Thanks in advance. 

You plan to use the new cpu with the stock cpu? - What?

What did you hear it needs a good motherboard for?

What gpu are you using? that will help determine if you can run those games at 1080 60.

What other components are you running?

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

the fx9590 runs those games easily, if you have a decent GPU of course, even if not overclocked. 
There isn't that much room to overclock it anyway since a 9590 is basically an overclocked 8320

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

2 minutes ago, paps511 said:

You plan to use the new cpu with the stock cpu? - What?

What did you hear it needs a good motherboard for?

What gpu are you using? that will help determine if you can run those games at 1080 60.

What other components are you running?

i plan to use it with stock cpu cooler

im planing to use gtx 1060 or rx 480 if i want to keep it and 8 gb of ram

4 minutes ago, Hadi360 said:

i plan to use it with stock cpu cooler

im planing to use gtx 1060 or rx 480 if i want to keep it and 8 gb of ram

You need a liquid cooler for that, and a 990x board at minimum, it will overheat on a stock am3+ cooler almost instantly.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

2 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

You need a liquid cooler for that, and a 990x board at minimum, it will overheat on a srock am3+ cooler almost instantly.

OMG is it realy that bad 

the seller said it was runing less than 60° with the stock cooler  

4 minutes ago, Hadi360 said:

OMG is it realy that bad 

There is no stock cooler for the 9590. Its not that bad, but it is hot.

5 minutes ago, Hadi360 said:

OMG is it realy that bad 

Well... The problem is that it doesn't come with a stock cooler. (Unless he bought the version that comes with a watercooler)

This is a signature.

Just now, Hadi360 said:

OMG is it realy that bad 

It doesn't even have a stock cooler, they just sold the chip in a box, with no fan/heatsink.

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16819113347

One of the first things this says under specs is (LIQUID COOLING REQUIRED), some people have air cooled them, but with enormous noctua coolers, and really to feel comfortable with the temps I would suggest at least a 240mm rad.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

5 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

It doesn't even have a stock cooler, they just sold the chip in a box, with no fan/heatsink.

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16819113347

One of the first things this says under specs is (LIQUID COOLING REQUIRED), some people have air cooled them, but with enormous noctua coolers, and really to feel comfortable with the temps I would suggest at least a 240mm rad.

is this cooler 

(Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo)

good enough or i need better one?

7 minutes ago, Hadi360 said:

is this cooler 

Only if you underclock and undervolt it, the only air cooler that could come close to cooling it is a NH-D15 or something of that nature.

10 minutes ago, Hadi360 said:

is this cooler 

No. I would suggest something like this.

https://m.newegg.com/Product/Details?itemnumber=N82E16835220081

or this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/4vzv6h/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd15

Not to mention you will need a Motherboard that supports a 220Watt CPU, preferably a 990FX board.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131876

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132875

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 hours ago, Hadi360 said:

so i bought FX 9590 black edition used from ebay for 140 euro i want to sell it but i want to ask some questions

i'm not planning to overclock it and use it with the stock cpu cooler but i heard that it needs a good mother board is that right in my case?

and dose it easily run games like overwatch , witcher 3  , gta v5 ...etc at 60 fps 1080 p if it's not overclocked?

Thanks in advance. 

please get rid of it as fast as possible. That thing in the wrong motherboard can cause fires.

5 hours ago, SLAYR said:

You need a liquid cooler for that, and a 990x board at minimum, it will overheat on a stock am3+ cooler almost instantly.

You dont realy need a 990FX chipset board for it.

But you just need a board with a decent enough vrm implementation.

The Asus 970A pro gaming / Aura should be capable to handle that cpu.

Interms of cooling, he will need a very decent cooling solution, Aio prefered.

6 hours ago, Hadi360 said:

Thanks in advance. 

Only certain motherboards work with it, and you need a powerful cooler. Why? Well, for one, it will literally set your motherboard on fire. Its TDP is something absurd like 225W. That's 225W of power needed to keep it up and running...hope you've got a really, really nice power supply. Using it with the "stock cooler" (does it even come with one?) is like pouring gas on a power strip, then turning it on to see what happens. And in return, you get a CPU that's about on par with Sandy Bridge, IIRC.

Sell that piece of crap right back off and get yourself something non-mental, like an 8350, 8320 or i5-6500. Let it be someone else's problem.

Alternatively, if you have a building you want to make go away, you could always just hook that 9590 up to a Logisys PSU, toss some old newspapers around the PC, crank up Prime95 and walk away.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

8 hours ago, Hadi360 said:

OMG is it realy that bad 

lol. a whole 2 degrees cooler than max temps. 

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, Sintezza said:

You dont realy need a 990FX chipset board for it.

But you just need a board with a decent enough vrm implementation.

The Asus 970A pro gaming / Aura should be capable to handle that cpu.

Interms of cooling, he will need a very decent cooling solution, Aio prefered.

That board does not support a 220watt CPU,best it supports is the 8370.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/970-PRO-GAMING-AURA/HelpDesk_CPU/

ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570**AMD Ryzen 5800X**16G Corsair Vengence RGB 3600Mhz **ASUS Strix RX6700XT OC**Corsair H150i RGB Platinum AIO**Samsung 2-2TB 970 EVO Plus m.2**2-860 2 1/2 EVO 1Tb SSD's**Creative Sound Blaster Z**Corsair HX1200i PSU w/Black sleeved corsair Cables**Corsair 5000D Airflow**BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz 27"**BenQ XL2720Z 27"**Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard**Roccat Kave 5.1 Gaming headset,Roccat Kone Pure Black Gaming mouse**Windows 10 PRO

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does it even come with a stock cooler?  I wouldn't think it would work.

In terms of gaming performance, 1080p/60 FPS is easy enough, although some CPU intense games like Starcraft 2, Arma 3 and Cities Skylines will give it trouble.  But most games like Overwatch, Witcher 3, GTA V etc it's perfectly adequate.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

14 hours ago, Earnhardt said:

That board does not support a 220watt CPU,best it supports is the 8370.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/970-PRO-GAMING-AURA/HelpDesk_CPU/

It does, tdp is just thermal design power, a number measured in watts that the cooling solution must be capable to dissipate from the die.

That has not realy much to do with TPD.

I dont think that any AMD board has 220W TDP listed.

Just check the CPU support list. :).

Otherwise maybe the new Asus 990FX Sabertooth R3.0

48 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

It does, tdp is just thermal design power, a number measured in watts that the cooling solution must be capable to dissipate from the die.

That has not realy much to do with TPD.

I dont think that any AMD board has 220W TDP listed.

Just check the CPU support list. :).

Otherwise maybe the new Asus 990FX Sabertooth R3.0

As for ASUS,The Crosshair V Formula Z and Rev 2 and Rev 3 Sabertooths do support the 220Watt Cpu,And it is not just the cooling,the board has to be able to with stand the CPU's power draw of 220 watts.,the VRM's especially .

"The real kicker is the 220W TDP reportedly attached to both chips. AMD's top Vishera-based CPU, the FX-8350, has a TDP of only 125W. The step up to 220W is huge, and I have to wonder just how many Socket AM3+ motherboards can even deliver that much power reliably"

1 hour ago, Earnhardt said:

As for ASUS,The Crosshair V Formula Z and Rev 2 and Rev 3 Sabertooths do support the 220Watt Cpu,And it is not just the cooling,the board has to be able to with stand the CPU's power draw of 220 watts.,the VRM's especially .

"The real kicker is the 220W TDP reportedly attached to both chips. AMD's top Vishera-based CPU, the FX-8350, has a TDP of only 125W. The step up to 220W is huge, and I have to wonder just how many Socket AM3+ motherboards can even deliver that much power reliably"

Asus crosshair V Formula Z does not officialy list 220W tdp support.

Pretty much non of the older AM3+ boards do exaly.

Because simply, wenn those boards came out there wasnt a 220W tdp cpu yet.

The new Sabertooth R3.0 might have support for it.

Next to that the FX9590 doesnt draw 220W, like i said that just a TDP number.

The FX9590 on full stress 5.0Ghz can exaly draw more then that.

But the vrm on certain boards are very capable.

A board with a so called 8+2 powerphase design, in reality most of the time its nothing more then just a 4+1 true phase design doubled to 8+2 virtual phases.

Because as far as pwm implementation on modern motherboards are concerned, it doesnt go any higher then 8 true phases.

Since AMD needs phases for the cpu vcore, but also 1 or 2 phases for the Northbridge, there arent manny 8 true phase boards for vcore.

Unless they have gone with a dual IR / Chil implementation.

And a far as i know, non of the AMD am3+ boards have a dual pwm implementation.

But i´m not fully sure about the Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, since i have not had in my hands yet.

And AM3+ in general is that dead that i dont realy feel the need to do a detailed circuitry analytics on it.

Not that there is anything wrong with 4+1 phases doubled to 8+2, adding doublers, additional mosfets and inductors etc makes it that it can provide more current.

However doubled phases does mean that there will be more ripple that needs to be care off.

8 true phases means less ripple, because it has a better switching frequency.

But yeah to implement a 8 true phase design for vcore on a motherboard.

Means that they have to use two IR 8+0 phase pwm´s.

And those add allot to the cost of a motherboard.

Thats why phase doubling is that popular.

Because its cheaper to implement doubling, then to implement a second pwm.

It could be that the Sabertooth R3.0 and Crosshair V Formula Z have two IR / Chil pwm´s.

With 8 true phases dedicated to the VCC, and 2 phases dedicated to Northbridge.

But i highly doubt that, i think its just 4+1 doubled to 8+2.

But i agree that those are pretty much some of the best AM3+ boards out there to trow a FX9590 on.

However the Asus 970A pro gaming Aura in fact has a very nice sollid vrm implementation to.

It has pretty much the best vrm i have seen on a 970 chipset board.

And it has been proven tested by a user over at overclockers.net to overclock a FX8370 at 4 cores on LN2 to over 8GHz.

And i could pretty much guess that it will draw arround the same if not more power in that scenario then a FX9590 on stock regardless of tdp.

The Asus 970A pro gaming Aura has a very rarely seen 7+1 true phase design from IR / Chil, powered by some decent fets.

But yeah the FX9590 in general is a realy hard chip to work with.

I have even read stories about people who were not able to get it to run stable on even a Crosshair mobo.

I cannot realy recommend to buy a FX9590 in the first place.

1 hour ago, Sintezza said:

Asus crosshair V Formula Z does not officialy list 220W tdp support.

Pretty much non of the older AM3+ boards do exaly.

Because simply, wenn those boards came out there wasnt a 220W tdp cpu yet.

The new Sabertooth R3.0 might have support for it.

Next to that the FX9590 doesnt draw 220W, like i said that just a TDP number.

The FX9590 on full stress 5.0Ghz can exaly draw more then that.

But the vrm on certain boards are very capable.

A board with a so called 8+2 powerphase design, in reality most of the time its nothing more then just a 4+1 true phase design doubled to 8+2 virtual phases.

Because as far as pwm implementation on modern motherboards are concerned, it doesnt go any higher then 8 true phases.

Since AMD needs phases for the cpu vcore, but also 1 or 2 phases for the Northbridge, there arent manny 8 true phase boards for vcore.

Unless they have gone with a dual IR / Chil implementation.

And a far as i know, non of the AMD am3+ boards have a dual pwm implementation.

But i´m not fully sure about the Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, since i have not had in my hands yet.

And AM3+ in general is that dead that i dont realy feel the need to do a detailed circuitry analytics on it.

Not that there is anything wrong with 4+1 phases doubled to 8+2, adding doublers, additional mosfets and inductors etc makes it that it can provide more current.

However doubled phases does mean that there will be more ripple that needs to be care off.

8 true phases means less ripple, because it has a better switching frequency.

But yeah to implement a 8 true phase design for vcore on a motherboard.

Means that they have to use two IR 8+0 phase pwm´s.

And those add allot to the cost of a motherboard.

Thats why phase doubling is that popular.

Because its cheaper to implement doubling, then to implement a second pwm.

It could be that the Sabertooth R3.0 and Crosshair V Formula Z have two IR / Chil pwm´s.

With 8 true phases dedicated to the VCC, and 2 phases dedicated to Northbridge.

But i highly doubt that, i think its just 4+1 doubled to 8+2.

But i agree that those are pretty much some of the best AM3+ boards out there to trow a FX9590 on.

However the Asus 970A pro gaming Aura in fact has a very nice sollid vrm implementation to.

It has pretty much the best vrm i have seen on a 970 chipset board.

And it has been proven tested by a user over at overclockers.net to overclock a FX8370 at 4 cores on LN2 to over 8GHz.

And i could pretty much guess that it will draw arround the same if not more power in that scenario then a FX9590 on stock regardless of tdp.

The Asus 970A pro gaming Aura has a very rarely seen 7+1 true phase design from IR / Chil, powered by some decent fets.

But yeah the FX9590 in general is a realy hard chip to work with.

I have even read stories about people who were not able to get it to run stable on even a Crosshair mobo.

I cannot realy recommend to buy a FX9590 in the first place.

Here ya go,and the R3.0 also does support them(I own that one). The 970 pro gaming Aura does not.

and yes,the CPU itself draws 220 watts itself.

cpu draw.jpg

R2.0.jpg

CHV.jpg

970.jpg

On 9/18/2016 at 0:12 PM, Hadi360 said:

OMG is it realy that bad 

60c is when the FX series shut down...I know bc I have a 8350. And the stock cooler would push 60c underload on my stock speed 8350, I didn't even consider OCing before I got a better cooler.

the one problem you should be worrying about is that my overclocked 8350 does not get along with overwatch, and a 9590 is basically a overclocked 8350. Very well could be different if you get a 990FX, or could be different with 9590s in general.

personally? If you don't already have the board for it, nor a cooler, I would sell it. It's older, really hot, possibly won't let you play a few of the games you wanna play, and the only real advantage it has over i5s is it's core count and price. (but cost is STILL going to pay a roll in this since you'lol probably need a solid board and a good cooler)