comfy headphones wanted(UPDATED)

Alex(PlayMedium)

I'd argue with your logic, but the assumption might be valid anyways, so whatever.  ^_^

I hope the 700's are as comfy and good sounding as you're wanting - give us a quickie review when you get 'em. 

I won't get them unfortunatly, so it'll be a while but once I have it I sure will ;)

My aiaiai tma-1 studio young guru edition are quite very comfy and are one of the few pair of headphones I dont notice im wearing due to their design.

These are both too expensive and closed which I don't want.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I'd argue with your logic, but the assumption might be valid anyways, so whatever.  ^_^

I hope the 700's are as comfy and good sounding as you're wanting - give us a quickie review when you get 'em. 

actually now that I think about it I am a bit worried about weather they actually fit me.. Could you please measure the distance my head would have to be (left to right) for them to fit on my head properly?

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

actually now that I think about it I am a bit worried about weather they actually fit me.. Could you please measure the distance my head would have to be (left to right) for them to fit on my head properly?

Side-to-side the fit is fine. You just need a rubber band between the wings if they're too loose for you. Btw: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/70517-comparison-pioneer-se-a1000-vs-audio-technica-ath-ad500x/

I won't get them unfortunatly, so it'll be a while but once I have it I sure will ;)

These are both too expensive and closed which I don't want.

Sorry my bad I should have read more I guess, either way their really comfy. :D

Side-to-side the fit is fine. You just need a rubber band between the wings if they're too loose for you. Btw: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/70517-comparison-pioneer-se-a1000-vs-audio-technica-ath-ad500x/

Wouldn't a rubber dand only make it tighter? I fear that they might sit like this on my head(sry for my drawing skills, but it gets the point across I think ^^) :

Uu2Y2LN.png

(This example is extreme, I just want to show you clearly what I mean)

The red arrows point at what I'm trying to say, I am feared that it will only make contact with my head below my ear, not surround it properly, because afaik it can not adjust like the blue arrow shows.

So how wide would my head need to be in order for them to be parallel to each other?

#KILLEDMYWIFE

As stated AD700's (All of the ATH-ADxxx series actually) are extremely comfortable, however something worth noting is that if your head is on the smaller side you may run into issues with them slipping of your head.

Edit: Read your post a little better. The 700x's should be in your budget, if not the 700's would be. They're open ear and sound great for the money, there's no detachable cable though but tbh that's not a very common feature (some akg headphones and other's have this, can't think of anything in your budget atm though). Only thing is you may have issues with them slipping off your head, it might be worth finding a store where you can try them on first.

if you have a smaller head and they dont fit well, you can put a rubber band or a hair-tie on the "3d wing" system thing, and it'll fit much better, I did this and it made them sit on my head perfectly

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Wouldn't a rubber dand only make it tighter? I fear that they might sit like this on my head(sry for my drawing skills, but it gets the point across I think ^^) :

Uu2Y2LN.png

(This example is extreme, I just want to show you clearly what I mean)

The red arrows point at what I'm trying to say, I am feared that it will only make contact with my head below my ear, not surround it properly, because afaik it can not adjust like the blue arrow shows.

So how wide would my head need to be in order for them to be parallel to each other?

Ah, yeah, that is how they sit on heads, but the pads are so soft it doesn't matter for most people. In my review where I linked the mods for the ATH-AD700, in addition to the rubber band he put some foam wedges where they'd be best for him.

Ah, yeah, that is how they sit on heads, but the pads are so soft it doesn't matter for most people. In my review where I linked the mods for the ATH-AD700, in addition to the rubber band he put some foam wedges where they'd be best for him.

yeah I think it'll be ok for me, I'll let you guys know ;)

Thanks for the help :)

#KILLEDMYWIFE

My aiaiai tma-1 studio young guru edition are quite very comfy and are one of the few pair of headphones I dont notice im wearing due to their design.

quite very comfy? what is that ? :D

quite very comfy? what is that ? :D

if its the "quite" your having issues with here be the definition http://goo.gl/mjqsha . But yes im enforcing the "very" using to so that you hopefully realize how comfy I think they are.