My theory on PC gaming

Canada EH

Buy old cheap games!!!!

Serious Question I got here is, at what point do triple A PC titles become cheap?

1 year old?

2 years old?

the prices of the games drop when the next steam sales comes around so probes just in like 3-5 months, sometimes it could take up to a year though

Good cuz I like cheap games that were popular.

Who pays $50 or more for games anyway?

Maybe I am just a cheap bastard.

4 hours ago, Canada EH said:

I paid that much only for maybe 3 or 4 games which I knew will be good because I trusted developers but otherwise I tend to spend less than $20 for a game and usually around $10.

14 hours ago, Canada EH said:

G2A, got gta 5 for 37€ the week it launched

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I would add this to your theory.

Buy used hardware. Prices on those drop really fast when new stuff comes out. GPUs for example.

17 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Serious Question I got here is, at what point do triple A PC titles become cheap?

1 year old?

2 years old?

They become cheap when the price drops, usually when sales start to decline, they make the price cheaper to entice people to continue buying it.
How long that takes depends on the game. Mirror's Edge Catalyst went cheap after 1-2 months, but on the other hand GTA V is still almost the same price it has always been on pc because it's still extremely popular.

But I agree mostly about buying older games. Some hidden gems out there that you would never think of buying without a sale on :')

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

18 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Buy old cheap games!!!!

1 year old?

2 years old?

the correct answer is:
It becomes cheap whenever it goes on sale.

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

the correct answer is:
It becomes cheap whenever it goes on sale.

When do they go on sale then.

Oh wait thats been answered already.

Yes Steam Sales, Holydays or newer version of game or if Mars, Pluto and the moon all line up and the gods say let there be a sale on Steam games.

Depends on the popularity and the size of the game, and some publishers inflating the value of video games. Bigger titles tend to cost £40+ (e.g. GTA V), smaller titles are £30, big titles intended for children £20 (e.g. Minecraft), more obscure titles by big companies £10 (e.g. Saints Row 2) and stuff from indie companies and/or Valve between £5-£10 (e.g. Gmod, Ballistic: Overkill). There are exceptions, though, since I haven't listed a huge range of games here.

Games become very cheap depending on how well known they are and/or relative to their hardware requirements. Sorry if this response hasn't been too relevant.

Linus' earrings suit him

Please check out this thread: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/659360-saints-row-2s-features/

Rizen and Vehga 2017

I have a few franchises that i'll instantly pre-order no matter what but most games i wait until the first time they're on sale like 12 months after release for 50% off, sometimes i'll wait a couple of years and land them for $5 xD 

My theory is that it's overrated.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

You should tell Activision about this, apparently they don't know.

Go check CoD prices on Steam xD

PCGamer did an article on this a few weeks ago. http://www.pcgamer.com/steam-sale-dates/

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.5ghz | Mobo: Asus B85MG | RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: R9 390X 

SSD: Kingston 240GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W | Case: CIT Dominator + 6 Corsair AF120 Fans all around | 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master TX3 | Monitor: BenQ XL2730z 144Mhz 1440p | 

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE | Mouse: Razer DeatherAdder Chroma

I usually wait 2-3years for AAA titles to drop to a more respectable price.  I remember when a AAA title was $59.99 at the store and you got a DVD and packaging.  I'll never pay more than $60 for anything via digital distribution, often waiting until I can get it for $20 or less.

Depends on the title. Games like Wolfenstein The New Order got cheap real quick. Bloody awesome!

But games like GTA V and Dark Souls 2 and 3 never seem to drop much. I guess it's up to the publisher.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

I took up a "no more than $10 on a game" mindset a couple years ago, it has been stretched to $12.50 or something when Tomb Raider dropped to that price 6 months after release and Wolfenstein NWO did the same thing.  Both those games go for over $40 without a sale.  

Steam used to have good sales, now days not as much.  But Origin, Greenmangaming, humble, etc, still offer up plenty of games.

Still waiting for GTA V to drop, maybe GTA VI will make it.

Steam used to have good sales, now days not as much.  But Origin, Greenmangaming, humble, etc, still offer up plenty of games.

Yes keep going, what other respectable gaming sale sites are out there?