Logitech K400r Wireless Keyboard Review

Logitech K400r Wireless multimedia Keyboard.

The Logitech K400r is perfect for Laptop users, HPTC's and As a compact replacement for a desktop. The keyboard incudes a touchpad so there is no need

for a mouse, really handy for those users that will be using a PC with a tv from the couch.

It comes in two Colours, Black and White.

Support and accessories:

-Windows XP
-Windows Vista
-Windows 7
-Windows 8
-Windows RT

-Linux Mint (Partial Support)

Note: On linux Not all of the Shortcut keys work, But the main ones do such as Volume, home and a few others work. I have not tested for full functionality. But there

is no driver Installation needed. If you would like me to test this Keyboard on linux further let me know and i will add it.

What you get in the box:

-Wireless Keyboard
-USB Range Extender
-Unifying NANO Reciever
-User Documentation
-2xAA Baterries (Pre-Installed)

Pricing:

Australia:

MSY $45AUD http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=11211

Office Works $40AUD http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Computer-Accessories/Keyboards-and-Mice/Keyboards/INLOG1317

Installation:

The installation is as easy as it gets,Take the little tabs out of the battery holder. Plug your NANO Reciever into a USB port, turn the keyboard on and away you go.

There is no drivers needed to use this keyboard on Linux Or Windows.

The Keyboard:

I have been using this Keyboard for a week now and have gotten quite used to it, The keyboard feels good to use but i wouldn't recommend it for people who write

huge documents as over extended periods it can get unconfortable. But for use as a HTPC Keyboard it is great, It is the perfect size to hold on the couch and the

right-click shortcut in the top left corner helps alot. The keys feel like they have more travel than a standard netbook keyboard.

I have taken a photo of the K400r Next to my Ten-Keyless CMStorm Quickfire Rapid for a size Comparison. The K400r is quite small. As you can tell they saved

space by making the Enter, shift and backspace keys shorter than usual, they have also cramped in the keys such as page-up and down with the arrow keys as

function keys.

The Touchpad:

The touchpad is nice, It has a matte finish that isn't to grippy but has enough friction to feel how fast your finger is moving, It is decently sized but i wish it was slightly

larger. It has A Left and Right Mouse button under the pad, The buttons feel slightly cheap but no worse than any laptop i have used. The touchpad supports

multi-touch, You can use two-fingers to scroll and it also supports Windows 8 Gestures and Pinch to zoom. The pad is accurate and respoinsive and it has a slight

edge so you don't slide off the pad without knowing it.

Other Features:

Battery Life, Logitech claims 12-months of battery life. i believe this as i have had other wireless logitech products that have lasted 12-months on 2xAA's. Of course

usage is a huge factor but even 9 months of battery life is pretty awesome.

The NANO Reciever, Is tiny and i love it. There is nothing worse than huge wireless dongles when you buy wireless items, They break, you hit them by accident or

many others reasons. This NANO Reciever is perfect. It has a little hiding spot in the back of the keyboard as well so you can't lose it during storage or transport. It

comes with a small USB extention just incase you need it to stick out a little bit.

The On/Off switch, is handy for saving every ounce of battery life you can. Hey it last longer than 12 months.

It has nice soft rubber feet on the bottom for use on a desk, After using it i have found it dosen't move on the desk it is grippy enough to stay put.

Pros:

-Lightwieght

-Cheap

-Compact

-Easy Installation

-Portable

-Great Touchpad

Cons:

-Flexes If you twist it

-Feels cheap

-F Keys Only accessable as while pressing FN Key

-Small Enter and Backspace keys

This is my first review on LTT, Let me know if you liked it and if you would like to see more reviews in the future.

I too own a few of these keyboards, one for in bed, the other one for the HTPC, and I must say, I am impressed, the keyboard feels quite cheap (but it is also cheap) but has some nice features for the price. I had mine for 6 months now and the batteries are still almost fully charged with usage of a few hours a day.

The only complaint I have is that the function keys (like F5) are only accessible with the Fn key, I would have liked to see it the other way around.

I too own a few of these keyboards, one for in bed, the other one for the HTPC, and I must say, I am impressed, the keyboard feels quite cheap (but it is also cheap) but has some nice features for the price. I had mine for 6 months now and the batteries are still almost fully charged with usage of a few hours a day.

The only complaint I have is that the function keys (like F5) are only accessible with the Fn key, I would have liked to see it the other way around.

True, That can be annoying when in a BIOS or if you use the F-Keys regulary. I have added this as a Con in the review.

Logitech makes good stuff. End of story. Good review and I like your comparison pics. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

it's cool!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

The problem with my 400r is that everytime i turn it on, it automatically puts my computer to sleep. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their 400R.

The problem with my 400r is that everytime i turn it on, it automatically puts my computer to sleep. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their 400R.

My K400r Does not have this issue, but if yours is still under warranty it would be best to contact Logitech support to see if this is a common issue or if there is a fix. If not you can get a replacement under warranty.

Edited The first post so it's more picture friendly,  changed the formatting a little to match the pictures and Logitech has just released this keyboard in white so i have added that to the top of the post as well. ;)

Logitech K400r Wireless multimedia Keyboard.

The Logitech K400r is perfect for Laptop users, HPTC's and As a compact replacement for a desktop. The keyboard incudes a touchpad so there is no need

for a mouse, really handy for those users that will be using a PC with a tv from the couch.

It comes in two Colours, Black and White.

wireless-touch-keyboard-k400r-glamour-lg

Support and accessories:

-Windows XP

-Windows Vista

-Windows 7

-Windows 8

-Windows RT

-Linux Mint (Partial Support)

Note: On linux Not all of the Shortcut keys work, But the main ones do such as Volume, home and a few others work. I have not tested for full functionality. But there

is no driver Installation needed. If you would like me to test this Keyboard on linux further let me know and i will add it.

LTTREVIEWSET2K400r_zpsd4796eb4.jpg

What you get in the box:

-Wireless Keyboard

-USB Range Extender

-Unifying NANO Reciever

-User Documentation

-2xAA Baterries (Pre-Installed)

Pricing:

Australia:

MSY $45AUD http://www.msy.com.au/product.jsp?productId=11211

Office Works $40AUD http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Computer-Accessories/Keyboards-and-Mice/Keyboards/INLOG1317

Installation:

The installation is as easy as it gets,Take the little tabs out of the battery holder. Plug your NANO Reciever into a USB port, turn the keyboard on and away you go.

There is no drivers needed to use this keyboard on Linux Or Windows.

The Keyboard:

I have been using this Keyboard for a week now and have gotten quite used to it, The keyboard feels good to use but i wouldn't recommend it for people who write

huge documents as over extended periods it can get unconfortable. But for use as a HTPC Keyboard it is great, It is the perfect size to hold on the couch and the

right-click shortcut in the top left corner helps alot. The keys feel like they have more travel than a standard netbook keyboard.

I have taken a photo of the K400r Next to my Ten-Keyless CMStorm Quickfire Rapid for a size Comparison. The K400r is quite small. As you can tell they saved

space by making the Enter, shift and backspace keys shorter than usual, they have also cramped in the keys such as page-up and down with the arrow keys as

function keys.

PA160136_zpscb9f74ee.jpg

The Touchpad:

The touchpad is nice, It has a matte finish that isn't to grippy but has enough friction to feel how fast your finger is moving, It is decently sized but i wish it was slightly

larger. It has A Left and Right Mouse button under the pad, The buttons feel slightly cheap but no worse than any laptop i have used. The touchpad supports

multi-touch, You can use two-fingers to scroll and it also supports Windows 8 Gestures and Pinch to zoom. The pad is accurate and respoinsive and it has a slight

edge so you don't slide off the pad without knowing it.

PA160123_zps3286c05a.jpg

Other Features:

Battery Life, Logitech claims 12-months of battery life. i believe this as i have had other wireless logitech products that have lasted 12-months on 2xAA's. Of course

usage is a huge factor but even 9 months of battery life is pretty awesome.

The NANO Reciever, Is tiny and i love it. There is nothing worse than huge wireless dongles when you buy wireless items, They break, you hit them by accident or

many others reasons. This NANO Reciever is perfect. It has a little hiding spot in the back of the keyboard as well so you can't lose it during storage or transport. It

comes with a small USB extention just incase you need it to stick out a little bit.

The On/Off switch, is handy for saving every ounce of battery life you can. Hey it last longer than 12 months.

It has nice soft rubber feet on the bottom for use on a desk, After using it i have found it dosen't move on the desk it is grippy enough to stay put.

K400RLTTPSSet_zpsa793c69a.jpg

Pros:

-Lightwieght

-Cheap

-Compact

-Easy Installation

-Portable

-Great Touchpad

Cons:

-Flexes If you twist it

-Feels cheap

-F Keys Only accessable as while pressing FN Key

-Small Enter and Backspace keys

This is my first review on LTT, Let me know if you liked it and if you would like to see more reviews in the future.

I don't remember exactly where, but I believe there may be an option in windows setup about changing the default function key settings. So there may be a workaround...

I don't remember exactly where, but I believe there may be an option in windows setup about changing the default function key settings. So there may be a workaround...

I'll have a look and see what i can find.

I own one of these, and its great for the media center in my shared house (8 students)

I also run linux on my own personal machines, when its not being used I'll go through and test to see how many of the keys follow the correct XF86 standard as outlined in http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/XF86_keyboard_symbols

You can use $ xev to get the key input thats passed to X to read what keys are being pressed, you can then map them correctly in either your window manager, or using xbindkeys in one of the settings files (eg .xinitrc)

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Feels cheap is being generous. A cat walking on top of this keyboard could break it in half, depending on the cat's weight!