Cheap for gaming amd cpu

kayotics

Hey so I am getting an amd fx 6350 with the new wraith cooler link is below to pc case gear cuz I live in Australia.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/35354/amd-fx-6350-6-core-processor-with-wraith-cooler/

all all my friends say that that is bad and I should get a intel cpu that cost like $150 more but cuz I am a broke child I Love amd and am going with a motherboard I think will go well with this cpu. Tell me if I am wrong.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/36488/msi-970a-g43-plus-motherboard/ 

if you guys have suggestions please tell me if there is a better cpu I could get for gaming preferably under $250 Aussie dollars.

thx. :)

that cpu is really outdated, but it depends on your needs(rendering? just gaming?) if it will suffice and your other components (gpu mainly). you can wait for the release of amd their new architecture (zen) thats going to be begin 2017.

Buy i3 6100 OR go with AMD if you REALLY don't give a shit about upgrades

5 minutes ago, tlink said:

that cpu is really outdated, but it depends on your needs(rendering? just gaming?) if it will suffice and your other components (gpu mainly). you can wait for the release of amd their new architecture (zen) thats going to be begin 2017.

I will just be playing csgo, lol and all the bioshocks no video rendering but only streaming

6 minutes ago, tlink said:

How much would the zen cost tho

Just now, kayotics said:

How much would the zen cost tho

no idea yet, but amd generally offer cheap 6 or 8 cores which is ideal for streaming. the only way to find out is to simply wait.

Just now, frozeNNN said:

Buy i3 6100 OR go with AMD if you REALLY don't give a shit about upgrades

I really don't want to upgrade every year or 2 cuz I no have a job or money and things in Australia cost a lot 

That's an outdated and underpowered CPU, get an Intel i3 6100.  It's simply a better option right now.

2 minutes ago, kayotics said:

I will just be playing csgo, lol and all the bioshocks no video rendering but only streaming

ah okay than this cpu SHOULD be strong enough (i don't know if it will be during streaming tho), but since you don't want to have to upgrade every year or so than i strongly recommend waiting for zen since this cpu is really outdated. 

8 minutes ago, tlink said:

no idea yet, but amd generally offer cheap 6 or 8 cores which is ideal for streaming. the only way to find out is to simply wait.

They are only cheap as they are a refresh from 2012 of 2011 CPU. They are actually made using the alternative to SMT (the alternative being CMT) and as a result suck outside of server work loads (and compressing files).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

11 minutes ago, kayotics said:

I really don't want to upgrade every year or 2 cuz I no have a job or money and things in Australia cost a lot 

This will be far better in the short and long term: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/33771/intel-core-i3-6100

In the future you will be able to upgrade to a far better CPU without having to go for a new motherboard+RAM (aka, you will only have to worry about a BIOS update, and the new CPU will drop right in, with no additional costs).

PMSL

Eh... Don't get an i3 if your budget is $250 AUD. That's just a waste. It's dual core, hyperthreading... Honestly, it's going to struggle to run a lot of games that are currently out, so it won't last you at all. A waste of time to have to sell it later on just to be put into the same situation when you go to upgrade. That's not even to mention that you can get a used FX-6300 AND a motherboard for the same price as the i3.

If I were you, I'd look around at used intel chips. You can get 4th gen i7s for like $160 CAD, which is probably like $0.10 AUD. So, if you aren't planning on running games on the bleeding edge, the last gen Intel chips will do you just fine.

As per the current state on AMD... I own an FX-6300, no real complaints. That said, I think you can get better for the money. With everybody switching over, there are a lot of processors and such up for grab that are still more than capable of running modern games.

34 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

Eh... Don't get an i3 if your budget is $250 AUD. That's just a waste. It's dual core, hyperthreading... Honestly, it's going to struggle to run a lot of games that are currently out, so it won't last you at all. A waste of time to have to sell it later on just to be put into the same situation when you go to upgrade. That's not even to mention that you can get a used FX-6300 AND a motherboard for the same price as the i3.

If I were you, I'd look around at used intel chips. You can get 4th gen i7s for like $160 CAD, which is probably like $0.10 AUD. So, if you aren't planning on running games on the bleeding edge, the last gen Intel chips will do you just fine.

As per the current state on AMD... I own an FX-6300, no real complaints. That said, I think you can get better for the money. With everybody switching over, there are a lot of processors and such up for grab that are still more than capable of running modern games.

It struggles in far less than the FX 6350.....

PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

It struggles in far less than the FX 6350.....

I'm going to need sources on that.

4 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

I'm going to need sources on that.

http://www.techspot.com/review/1087-best-value-desktop-cpu/page4.html

PMSL

1 minute ago, SageOfSpice said:

It performs as good and better in some games.

Im going to need sources on that.

Just now, SageOfSpice said:

Not factoring in any overclocking, and a large disparity in ram speed.

It performs as good and better in some games.

Nope. And look at it compared to the FX 8320E, stock and overclocked, and then look at the old i3 4130 with DDR3 1600. Also, considering that DDR4 is actually starting to cost less than DDR3, especially in Australia-and that's for high speed kits, the i3 6100 is by far the better choice.

PMSL

Hm. I stand corrected.

For some reason I thought the i3 6100 was a lot weaker than it apparently is. I remember watching some benchmarks, and it was dropping as low as 20 fps in GTA 5.

Alot of people seem to always refer to GTA 5 for some reason, but i think its a very piss poor example of the FX 6 series, a guy on youtube paired a gtx 1080 or 980 ti dont remember with a FX 6300 to see how much it bottlenecks in GTA 5, but the cores never went above 67% usage, which to me shows that GTA 5 is pretty poorly coded when it comes to CMT based cpus.If you look at other heavily threaded games such as Metro Last Light, the FX 6350 beats the I3 6100. However that being said, as somebody who owns a FX 6300, and 8150 there is absolutely no reason to go AM3+ unless you already have a halfway decent board. Just go for the i3 for now, it will perform like an  FX 6300 in heavily threaded games, and in a few years you could upgraded to a used i7 or i5.

13 minutes ago, LeStringMan said:

Alot of people seem to always refer to GTA 5 for some reason, but i think its a very piss poor example of the FX 6 series, a guy on youtube paired a gtx 1080 or 980 ti dont remember with a FX 6300 to see how much it bottlenecks in GTA 5, but the cores never went above 67% usage, which to me shows that GTA 5 is pretty poorly coded when it comes to CMT based cpus.If you look at other heavily threaded games such as Metro Last Light, the FX 6350 beats the I3 6100. However that being said, as somebody who owns a FX 6300, and 8150 there is absolutely no reason to go AM3+ unless you already have a halfway decent board. Just go for the i3 for now, it will perform like an  FX 6300 in heavily threaded games, and in a few years you could upgraded to a used i7 or i5.

Look at Battlefield 4 then, a game that was optimized for the FX series, including the 8320E. And look at the techspot link-plenty of more proof there.

PMSL

27 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Look at Battlefield 4 then, a game that was optimized for the FX series, including the 8320E. And look at the techspot link-plenty of more proof there.

Using a gtx 960.... anyways all of the cpus performed basically the same here are their original results from Battlefield 4 game appears to run the same on about anything that has at least 4 threads (they use a 290x here) http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/page6.html.     Also here are the results from hardware secrets review of the 6350 with wraith, (using a GTX 950.... why?) http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/fx-6350-cpu-review/8/    .Nonetheless i still think the op should get the i3 6100 or a used Sandy/Ivy bridge i5. Not sure what those go for in Australia though.