Cheap for gaming amd cpu

kayotics
2 hours ago, SageOfSpice said:

Not factoring in any overclocking, and a large disparity in ram speed.

It performs as good and better in some games.

Sure, if you look at benchmarks for games that are GPU-bound, all of the CPUs tested are going to plateau at roughly the same point. So if by "some games" you mean ones that aren't very sensitive to CPU speed, sure. But we don't pick our gaming CPUs based on best-case scenarios, we pick our gaming CPUs for the situations where our CPUs actually matter. And in those cases, an i3-6100 is generally faster than an FX-63xx.

The FX series does not support DDR4 memory, so there's inevitably going to be a large disparity in RAM speed when you compare the two. Memory bandwidth is an advantage for the i3. It represents what a user is actually going to have, so it's not a very good reason to disregard the results.

That being said, I have no idea what an i3-6100, motherboard, and DDR4 memory cost in Australia right now. If the FX-6350 would be a lot cheaper, then it's still got a place in the market.

3 hours ago, LeStringMan said:

Using a gtx 960.... anyways all of the cpus performed basically the same here are their original results from Battlefield 4 game appears to run the same on about anything that has at least 4 threads (they use a 290x here) http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/page6.html.     Also here are the results from hardware secrets review of the 6350 with wraith, (using a GTX 950.... why?) http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/fx-6350-cpu-review/8/    .Nonetheless i still think the op should get the i3 6100 or a used Sandy/Ivy bridge i5. Not sure what those go for in Australia though.

The GTX 960 is used for a reason-it doesn't get bottlenecked by either CPU.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

7 hours ago, LeStringMan said:

Using a gtx 960.... anyways all of the cpus performed basically the same here are their original results from Battlefield 4 game appears to run the same on about anything that has at least 4 threads (they use a 290x here) http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/page6.html.     Also here are the results from hardware secrets review of the 6350 with wraith, (using a GTX 950.... why?) http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/fx-6350-cpu-review/8/    .Nonetheless i still think the op should get the i3 6100 or a used Sandy/Ivy bridge i5. Not sure what those go for in Australia though.

A good I5 6500 in Australia costs $275 and 16gb of ddr3 ram costs $109 on pc case gear so in Australia everything is expensive and I don't think if I got a fx 6350 or 6300 that it willl bottle neck my gpu cuz I have an old Amd hd 8360 or something like that very old 1gb.

6 hours ago, typographie said:

Sure, if you look at benchmarks for games that are GPU-bound, all of the CPUs tested are going to plateau at roughly the same point. So if by "some games" you mean ones that aren't very sensitive to CPU speed, sure. But we don't pick our gaming CPUs based on best-case scenarios, we pick our gaming CPUs for the situations where our CPUs actually matter. And in those cases, an i3-6100 is generally faster than an FX-63xx.

The FX series does not support DDR4 memory, so there's inevitably going to be a large disparity in RAM speed when you compare the two. Memory bandwidth is an advantage for the i3. It represents what a user is actually going to have, so it's not a very good reason to disregard the results.

That being said, I have no idea what an i3-6100, motherboard, and DDR4 memory cost in Australia right now. If the FX-6350 would be a lot cheaper, then it's still got a place in the market.

I3 costs around $150 Aussie dollars and the amd fx 6350 with wraith cooler is $180 and then a core i7 costs nearly $400 amd I5 costs about $280-$200

Maybe look into the USED market.

I saw a 2500K + Decent Z68 motherboard for $200 on gumtree yesterday (it lasted about an hour and was sold)

Plenty of i5 2400's, and the like... Anything i3/i5/i7 of the Intel 2000 series and higher (Sandy Bridge or Better) and your gunna be rocking killer performance.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

17 minutes ago, kayotics said:

A good I5 6500 in Australia costs $275 and 16gb of ddr3 ram costs $109 on pc case gear so in Australia everything is expensive and I don't think if I got a fx 6350 or 6300 that it willl bottle neck my gpu cuz I have an old Amd hd 8360 or something like that very old 1gb.

It would be DDR4-which is also cheaper than DDR3 in Australia.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL